How to get iPlayer in Spain legally

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Apr 2010 12:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I posted this on my blog yesterday for those who are trying to find a legal way of watching BBC iPlayer in Spain:

How to watch BBC iPlayer in Spain and abroad LEGALLY

If you do try it let me know how you get on with it.  Someone report that it crashed their browser although it works fine for me on the two computers I've tested it on.

Enjoy

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
05 Apr 2010 8:01 PM by gcarton Star rating. 144 posts Send private message

Try using this service. We are very happy with it and you only pay for the months your are in Spain at £5.00 per month.

vvv .my-private-network.   co.uk

(sorry I cannot post link as I get message saying my account is not approved!

We usually use the download option on Iplayer, but yesterday I did stream a video on . vvv  seesaw.  com

Guy

Like 0      
05 Apr 2010 8:41 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

or you can use a bittorrent site like thebox or uknova to download them for free, usualy within minutes of the programme finishing...in a format that you can use a USB stick to transfer and watch on your TV - (with no DRM copyprotect that the BBC infests its iplayer products with to limit use.)

as p2p downloading is legal in spain according to recent rulings as long as you do not do anything for profit...

although that is peeing off the movie producers...

http://satandpcguy.com/forum/in-spain-internet-piracy-is-part-of-the-culture-t1984.html

This message was last edited by satandpcguy on 05/04/2010.

This message was last edited by satandpcguy on 05/04/2010.

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
05 Apr 2010 8:47 PM by gcarton Star rating. 144 posts Send private message

Good point, but can you do the national lottery as well without being detected as "overseas".

Guy

Like 0      
07 Apr 2010 11:17 PM by Spondonites Star rating in England, UK & Almeri.... 62 posts Send private message

I've never thought about this before, so, if I download a programme onto my laptop using BBC iPlayer while in Spain and then watch it while not actually in the UK am I breaking the rules?

Like 0      
08 Apr 2010 1:40 AM by tonynault Star rating in Stockport & Cox!. 88 posts Send private message

tonynault´s avatar

A couple of days/weeks before I go to Spain I download lots of programmes onto the iplayer on my laptop, then watch them whilst there!

Like 0      
08 Apr 2010 8:17 AM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

Apparently many of the programme downloaded on iplayer are available for a limited time, and then the coding in the file renders th file unplayable....unless you remove it....some are 7 days others are 30 days..

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
08 Apr 2010 9:37 AM by tonynault Star rating in Stockport & Cox!. 88 posts Send private message

tonynault´s avatar

The programmes, once downloaded, are available for 30 days. Once you watch them however they are only available for a further 7 days.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Gas Barbecue - 4 posts
what happened to Technologia Urbanistica so far? are they bankrupt or still in business - 10 posts
Spanish Motorbike Licence A2 - 9 posts
Do you want to adopt a dog? Los Infiernos dog Refuge needs you. - 6 posts
country and western night 24th april mollina - 0 posts
afternoon car boot sale at hotel saydo mollina - 0 posts
help needed about A77 / A7 alcoi area - 2 posts
Bits & pieces for sale - 0 posts
On what does one play Boules/Petanque? - 2 posts
HELP! - New to renting out a property - 12 posts
Renewal of Certificate of Ocupacion? - 16 posts
My Place in the Sun, but which part of Alicante do I choose? - 25 posts
Process of building a property in Spain: Rustic land (rural land) - 1 posts
New Furniture Package for Sale in Almeria region - 1 posts
Your thoughts, advice and recommendations - 7 posts
I'm off to Spain now! - 6 posts
Legal Advice Please. - 11 posts
Importing a German car to Spain. - 10 posts
leaving spain/van space available to share - 0 posts
Re-negotiate your mortgage rate - 3 posts
wanted long term in ARENAL DUQUESA - 1 posts
New A7 Road Is It Open Or Does It end At Alcoy? - 0 posts
registering children - familia numerosa? - 3 posts
Medina Golf - has anybody successfully claimed on the Bank Guarantee? - 0 posts
Steam Cleaner CBN - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x