Malaga Terminal 3 Opens March 16th...but...

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Mar 2010 12:00 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Hi all,

Malaga's long awaited Terminal3 opens for business on March 16th, but unless you are using British Airways, UK passengers will not be affected.

The design of the new terminal is based around the assumption that it will be used for Schengen countries only, hence the UK is excluded. BA get to use it presumably because  of their tie-iin to Iberia.

The loco's and other UK airlines will continue to use Terminal 2, except Jet 2 whose operations will be based on Terminal 1 until the end of March, presumably they too will then switch to T2.

See this link for more information. An English version is available via language selection button at the top right of the page.

Aena websites can be a liitle slow to load at times...

To clear up a previous enquiry re-rail access to the airport, this from the aena website...

"Initially, the suburban train will continue to stop at its old platform. The access to this platform will be via the pedestrian walkway that links P1 and P2 with the transportation hub and T3.

The new train station, accessible from the transportation hub, will come into operation at the end of 2010.

For more information visit the website of Renfe Cercanías Málaga."

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
02 Apr 2010 11:28 PM by el romeral Star rating. 21 posts Send private message

I flew out from Malaga last Monday. This was the first time since the new terminal opened. I was flying Easy Jet. Only Easy Jet & Ryanair had check ins in the old T2. All the rest were in T3 - apart from maybe Jet 2. The old security check place is closed now and you have to walk the entire length of the new T3 to reach the new security point. You are then in the new T3 departures (where all the Schengen departures leave from). To get to the old T2 departure gates you have to walk away back again where you pass through passport control. When I flew out the BA Heathrow flight departed from T2. Perhaps they only get to check in at T3 ?

Like 0      
03 Apr 2010 12:03 PM by 1962 Star rating in Iznalloz. 181 posts Send private message

Also arrivals lounge is now situated at T3.

Kathy

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

LATEST ON ZODIAC VILLA NIGHTMARES - 1 posts
im looking for a job in alicante - 0 posts
More items for sale - 6 posts
Tips on selling property - 5 posts
Richard_Quest@rocketmail.com - 6 posts
Air conditioning - 9 posts
Hi does anyone live in the costa de le luz - 2 posts
chasing rental enquiries - 4 posts
Resident or fiscal resident? - 6 posts
Working in spain for a while need Broadband? - 19 posts
My hobby - 3 posts
Cheapest beer in Spain? - 27 posts
How to find the cheapest petrol/diesel prices in your area - 6 posts
Is there anyway the buyers can get out of the private contract to buy my house? - 2 posts
Car exchange - UK car for left hand drive spanish registered. - 1 posts
A picture paints thousand words...Chlilean Earthquake 27 Feb. - 3 posts
Babies & Tots Group - Villa Martin Area, Costa Blanca South - 0 posts
Spanish recipes - 2 posts
Telefonica Wireless Ruter Inalambico - 9 posts
Malaga Appeal Court keeps favouring Consumers - 0 posts
help on finding pushbikes - 6 posts
New info-- zodiac villas - 0 posts
Banks chasing dept - 9 posts
Using a S.I.P. card while on holiday - 1 posts
Easyjet.Same flight different prices? - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x