Mar Menor Chitty Chat

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | ... | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Jun 2007 6:01 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

I,ve found this website - but it's in spanish - help!! www.enfamilia.es - click on Terra Natura. I think (!) it says that the zoo part is open & the aqua park will be opening in the summer with 2 swimming pools, rides & a slow river. Anyone with better spanish than me???

Davey - you were posting at the same time - THANKS

This message was last edited by Annie21 on 6/24/2007.

Like 0      
24 Jun 2007 6:24 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Annie

We've a Spanish Movistar SIM too in our UK Nokia mobile. You do need to top up every 6 months or lose it. However the minimum is only 5€ every 6 months & you can put on the minimum at some of the smaller shops although certainly in Torrevieja town centre when we asked at some top up points we had to buy 15€ credit !!! Not so at Lo Pepin at the back of Laguna hotel near us where the girl rings up MoviStar, gives them your number & they put 5€ on automatically whilst you're in the shop, takes seconds so best to shop around. Check your credit in the shop. No fiddling about tapping in numbers from a voucher. Your phone tells you the date by which you need to top up so, if necessary,  just do so with 5€ before leaving Spain.

We could top up on the internet through CamBank too but I don't know about a minimum that way as we never needed to, so check it out.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 6/24/2007.

Like 0      
24 Jun 2007 8:36 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Hi morerosado

Thanks for that. I've actually changed to orange sims now & just nip down to the post room in Los Alcazares when I have a problem. They are used to sorting me out by now . God knows I need the help!! Just tell them how much I want to put on & over to them - fab . Found out in May that orange send a message (in spanish) to say when your credit is getting low which is a big help. A big fan of the 5 euro card as well through orange - can phone the uk for an hour at a time for 1 euro .

Like 0      
25 Jun 2007 11:22 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

5 days and counting - can't wait - 2 weeks in the sun!  Just had phone call to say it's been 36 degrees in Murcia city today and was still 30 degrees at 10.30 pm.   Sounds like a parallel universe - hopefully i'll lose my way back !  Fantastic!!!

Jane

Jane

Like 0      
26 Jun 2007 8:21 AM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Lucky you Jane  wish I was coming with you!! Everyone's still bailing out round here - good job hubby's got a 4x4 or he'd never have made it out of Hull yesterday - think we've all seen enough water now (unless it's the Mar menor of course )

Have a great time!

Like 0      
26 Jun 2007 9:44 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Cheers Annie !  Just had the day from hell in work - even reduced me to tears.  Who needs that for god's sake!  Spain here I come.............4 days and counting....................

Jane

Like 0      
26 Jun 2007 10:07 PM by alex875 Star rating. 209 posts Send private message

alex875´s avatar

Hi

Has anyone used a company called vox pools i want to know if they are any good or not i think there based in costa calida.

or can anyone recomend anyone?

Iain

Like 0      
26 Jun 2007 10:16 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Report in The Leader newspaper on them, Alex.

Vox-Pool Offer A ‘Faultless Performance’

(Published: 07/08/2006  Edition No.: 121)

http://www.costablancaleader.com/general/article.php?article_id=8610&article_section_id=18

Like 0      
26 Jun 2007 11:50 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Jane,

I wish | was coming with you too  .  Won't be long now, so don't let the buggers get you down!!!

Just think you'll be in Spain soon and sipping the vino collapso. (better save some for me) Don't forget the hot tub mate  

Like 0      
27 Jun 2007 7:42 AM by colesfamilywales Star rating in Pontypridd. 75 posts Send private message

Hi Jane

We are off this weekend too, so only Gina left in Wales with this rainfall, Sorry Gina !

Anthony & Katherine

Like 0      
27 Jun 2007 11:36 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Anthony & Katherine,

I wondered where you had got to. How are things coming along with your build? Ok don't rub it in that I have to stay home  .

Have a great time and hope evrything is coming along nicely. Any news on when it will be completed yet?

Jane,

Having trouble with my e mail at mo. My procol not connected to some smtp or something, try and sort it by 2 moz.

Like 0      
28 Jun 2007 12:18 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Hi folks, thanks for your replies.   Collecting my euros today so that makes me feel better already.   Just been told my Sky tv not working (again).   any one know of a reliable supplier in our area?  We used one that advertised in the CBN as covering all areas of CB and Mar Menor.   They installed the system etc and were quite good when the dish moved a couple of years ago following stormy weather.   Now I've found out that they're based in Benidorm, and when my upgraded sky card didn't appear in the post as promised I had to go and collect it from Benidorm!   The local contact numbers in the ads are for the engineers only.   If they don't get it going this time I'm gonna cancel and get a more local company - hopefully.  Any ideas anyone?

Plumber is set for Tuesday..............the saga of the hot tub goes on............

Hope you have a great time Anthony & Katherine.  Where's your place - sorry, I've forgotten but I know you did say previously.  The weather is superb in Spain at the moment and I hope you have a great time.  Maybe see you at the airport if you're flying from Cardiff on Sat.  I'll look demented and smile at everyone in case it's you!

Thanks Gina - speak soon.

Jane

Like 0      
28 Jun 2007 5:02 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Hi everyone

Iain - sorry don't know anything about pools - hope you get sorted out OK.

Jane - we use Teleast digital for sky & find them OK - tel 647 520 780 or 628 767 366 - C/ Penelope 1082, 30710 Los Alcazares (finding the shop is a feat in itself - you think you're walking into someones front room) but if you ring up the girl in there is english. Least if we have a problem can just nip down & speak to someone face to face. It's on one of the myriad of streets around oasis - use a map or you'll never find it!

Good luck with your hot tub  & have a great holiday.

Colesfamily - have a great hol too  - wish we were going (just more rain to look forward to for us - oh joy!!)

This message was last edited by Annie21 on 6/28/2007.

Like 0      
28 Jun 2007 9:19 PM by colesfamilywales Star rating in Pontypridd. 75 posts Send private message

Hi All,

We have read the forum  avidly but not added much recently - hardly much to write about Spain up here in the Valleys !!

However we go this weekend to see the weeds growing where our villa is soon to be at La Tercia Real.....I say soon, it will be about May next year but worth the wait in the end for sure.

Jane you can relax the smile, we fly from Bristol this time, BMI had not released info on Cardiff when we booked !

Hope it at least stop raining here in the UK, but we want the high temp in Spain for a week or so...sorry about that !

Anthony & Katherine

Like 0      
30 Jun 2007 1:26 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Jane, Anthony & Katherine,

Probably missed you now. Have a great holiday. Tell us all about it when you get back

Like 0      
30 Jun 2007 3:02 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Davey

Missed your reply on waterpark info. Just wanted to say

Like 0      
30 Jun 2007 4:47 PM by eilben Star rating in Chesterfield/Santiag.... 101 posts Send private message

Hi everyone

Still trying to catch up with what's happening on EOS.

Having been in 114 deg heat in Palm Springs (USA) on holiday it was a shock to find it was only about 60 deg in England, on our return we had to try 4 different routes before we could get home, so many roads around Chesterfield & Sheffield were totally flooded, fortunately our daughters kept texting us with updates of which roads were closed.

Having caught up with the washing , half way through the ironing , I am now going to start packing for Spain, we go out on 10 July & since this will only be our second time staying in our apartment I can't wait.

Some good tips on restaurants Gina, thanks. Where is Buddy's, it sounds familiar. I also checked out the Robelmar site (the link worked) but I couldn't work out where it was, any hints??

Still got to get lights for the bathrooms & some curtains. Hoping to have the rest of the patio tiled by the time we get out there. Still lots to keep us busy but I did leave loads of books ready for some R&R in the sun. Have to be careful of the vino because of migraines,  but somehow over there the vino does not affect me so much so I do risk a glass or two.

May try to check out the waterpark in Murcia whilst there.

Really looking forward to the sunshine & warmth, this rain does not suit me one bit.

Stay happy, hope the floods don't rise over the weekend or we may not be able to get out.

Eileen

Like 0      
30 Jun 2007 7:30 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Like 0      
30 Jun 2007 9:04 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Christ Gina - where did Morerosado get your photo from?? Think you need a holiday - you,re looking a bit wan

Hi Eileen - hope you're OK & not flooded out - roll on Spain! Roblemar is through the arches in LA (or is that still Los Narejos?) anyway, if you go through the arches, oasis bars / restaurants are on your left & Roblemar is on your right.

Like 0      
02 Jul 2007 12:55 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Moremartini,

That's not a bad pic of me now that I've had the paper bag surgically removed from my head .

Annie, Morerosado, Fibs and others that didn't want to be named for legal reasons, thought I'd post that pic of our last meet up.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | ... | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Can I just say I found these in other boards to do with restaurants. - 9 posts
Comic Relief - 1 posts
Happy St Patrick's Day - 10 posts
smart investor services - 1 posts
ERRING ON THE SIDE OF CAUTION WITH MY ERM PODCAST - 5 posts
SPANISH INLAND PROPERTIES (GALERA) ANY OTHERS HAD PROBLEMS? - 0 posts
How much time do we have? - 6 posts
NEED MORE BANDWIDTH! - 9 posts
Ultra latest activity reports and pictures from Monte San Juan - Terreros - 0 posts
Another newbie here...... - 12 posts
Euro's and Spain - 15 posts
diasters buying property abroad - 8 posts
Taking Cash into Spain - 8 posts
Vehicle change of address - 3 posts
For Lars Wichmann .. your Viking avatar - 2 posts
Exhibition Frolicks - 42 posts
El Gusto,La Cala village,CDS. - 1 posts
furnishing new built spanish property - 17 posts
Square metres - real or imagined? - 30 posts
car breakdown insurance - 6 posts
Welcome home Janice - 23 posts
Employees! - 35 posts
To become a resident or not - 11 posts
healthcare in spain - 1 posts
moving to spain - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 378

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x