I do hope Mr O Leary of ryanair doesn't read this

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Apr 2009 12:00 AM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

17 Apr 2009 9:20 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Now THAT is SENSIBLE, Conrad. The times we've been so wedged in by others.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2009 9:45 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

OK, so some of you may not quite be as long in the tooth as me (some of you definitely are) but the first time I flew (in a Britannia aircraft with propellors) all passengers were weighed along with their luggage before boarding.  This was so the pilot could assess the amount of fuel etc.  The flight to Malta was 9 and half hours with a few hours stop over then a seven hour flight on to Cyprus. 

Now, I have not yet been on flight with a UK carrier where the passenger next to you spills over.  (In fact, the worst ones are the little boney birds who stick their elbows all over the place) however, i have been on ones in the US where some of the passengers do take up two seats which can be a bit, shall we say, annoying.  For those of you who complain about O'Leary and his gang, or the pile em in and pack em high attitude of some of the other budget airlines, you should try travelling US Air or Delta Airlines internal flights in America.  These really are the dirtiest, most cramped and poorly served commercial airlines you could ever have the misfortune to come across.  All well and good getting a nice transatlantic flight but, once you are there, you are at the mercy of the domestic fligh co-ordinators.  Legroom on Ryanair is several inches greater then some of US domestic carriers so "overspill" is a regular occurrence.  

Just hope none of you ever have to share a budget aircraft with half the Samoan rugby team on board!!  Now there is overspill on the seats, I just dare one of you to tell them, though.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2009 9:54 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Too late!! And it wasn't even his idea.

Ryanair news

Mark

Like 0      
17 Apr 2009 10:38 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Mark

Just read what the link said...ha ha !

Ryanair, today (17 Apr ) urged passengers to use their vote in order to influence whether or not the airline should introduce a ‘fat tax’ for overweight passengers.  Ryanair has received almost 100,000 votes to-date and most passengers are calling for a charge for overweight passengers, while many are urging the re-introduction of smoking onboard.  Voting closes at 6pm today!

Click here to take the survey

The top five as voted by passenger so far are:

• 40% - excess fees for overweight passengers based on body mass index,
  • 20% -  €3 to smoke in a converted toilet cubicle,
  • 18% -  €1 for toilet paper – with O’Leary’s face on it,
  • 14% -  annual subscription to access Ryanair.com,
  • 8% - €2 “corkage” fee for passengers who bring their own food onboard.

Thank goodness I fly Easyjet. smoke in a converted toilet cubicle !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Sad innit ??)

Like 0      
17 Apr 2009 11:04 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Non-smoking on aircraft is hazardous to your health.  When smoking was allowed the air in the plane was filtered and changed 6 times an hour thereby giving constant fresh air.  Since the smoking ban, air is now recyled instead of being changed so all the other 200 or so on board with their sweaty armpits, breaking wind etc, are having the same air pumped around for the entire flight.  The incidences of DVT has increased 10 fold since the ban, experts have put this down to the air not being changed often enough. 

So although you may think the air in the plane is fresher since smoking was banned, I'm afraid that is simply not true.  Oh, and I get this information from none other an expert than Stephen Fry on QI. 

Like 0      
17 Apr 2009 11:08 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Bob, you've had your 'I'm in Spain in a couple of months - yahoo!!!' there for ages. Are you moving out (permanently) in the very near future ?

Like 0      
17 Apr 2009 11:25 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Due to a nasty, horrible man who keeps sending me threatening letters and demanding money, I am not yet in the position to move there on a permanent basis.  This vile person, from a terrible place called the Inland Revenue, keeps on making demands so I have to continue working to keep up with his insatiable appetite for taking my money.

Hopefully, the pound will continue to increase in value against that darn euro and I will be able to afford to do so.

Actually, on a serious note, I now have my flat all legal and deed-complete.  I am going over next week to put it on the market and pay off the mortgage I had to take out on my new place.  Once that is done and dusted (and I am not greedy, will take a very realistically low price) I will be able to move out permanently.  I would just find it a struggle at the moment to pay a mortgage with just pensions coming in.

Like 0      
18 Apr 2009 11:38 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Bob,

If you moved to Spain you could use that favoured indictaion of discontent to the fat man, I mean tax man, you know, the one that the Archers used at the battle of Agincourt, and say:

"I'm now an ex-pat so you can't tax me on any income I have from the UK, including any savings I have there!"

Anyways, back on topic...

I would pay 100€ for toilet paper with O'Leary's face on it, so that when I 'go' on an EasyJet flight, I've can have the last laugh!

And as for 'paying by personal weight', I would have thought he would spend the most should he use his own Airline, due to the weight of his wallet!!!!

These are of course personal opinions of my own and have nothing to do with EOS.

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 4/18/2009.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
18 Apr 2009 5:17 PM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar

After spending most of the last 30 years flying around the world with my former job, and being jammed in my seat by excessively overweight people, this seems a very good idea by United. All airlines should follow suit. The criteria that United are using seems fair enough to me.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

good restaurants in Villamartin, Orihuella, San Miguel..? - 5 posts
Rudina web site - 3 posts
Jake Van Kralingen - 1 posts
Tony Gatehouse - 2 posts
our sky box - 8 posts
Accommodation and Conference Facilities - Costa Brava - 0 posts
Vulnerable Adults Charities - Are there any in Spain? - 2 posts
Looking to buy a scooter - 0 posts
Apartment long term rental advice please! - 2 posts
Where are my messeges going???? - 5 posts
Don Juan III - 9 posts
Barcelona Chelsea 28th April - 3 posts
Freesat if old Sky box is playing up? - 28 posts
Does anybody have the direct access number to telefonicas voicemail system? - 2 posts
Party Caterers - 1 posts
How to Hide Caller ID ?? - 3 posts
Changing building insurance - 4 posts
English MOT and English road tax - 61 posts
Globespan No Scottish Winter flights to Alicante - 3 posts
Confused with flight prices... - 6 posts
Tenants belongings - 2 posts
Hello!! Any advice appreciated.... - 6 posts
bad tenants! - 15 posts
Question re contract - 3 posts
returning from south of spain to england with a dog - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x