no Bank Guarantee=refund

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Apr 2008 12:50 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

You should have had your BG for your last payment by now.  These BG's protect your money (supposedly!) should things go wrong. The fact that you hve been given BG's for your first two payments is encouraging. A lot of people have never received one and find themselves in deep trouble if problems arise with the building/developer.

Like 0      
07 Apr 2008 4:10 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9403 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Banbtown:

I agree with Tish you are a privileged ( unfortunately those guaranteed have not been legally granted to many buyers in Spain), fortunately people are more informed now and things are changing.

Ok, your problem: you are in a position to ask for inmediate contract cancellation if the BG is not handed to you. There is Court Case Law to grant refund of all money paid plus legal interests if, in early stages of the procedure, and after the proper request of the Bank Guarantee or Insurance Policy to developer, that is not granted.

Not the same though ( no Court cases, even when Law covered that possibility)  if the request of the BG is  not prouced in early  stages of the  off plan purchase.  Anyways, I do encourage  people to do so under provision 2 of law 57/68 and additional provision number 1 of General Building Act of 1999.

Go for it!

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
07 Apr 2008 5:31 PM by bandbtown Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

Thanks for your comments I think the developer must be telepathic as the 3rd BG arrived by courier today

Like 0      
07 Apr 2008 6:32 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9403 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Final and complete congrats then!
Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
01 Jul 2008 9:43 AM by laserman Star rating. 82 posts Send private message

laserman´s avatar
Hi Maria

I have made a couple of posts on another blog titled "Do you have a proper BG"

Spanish Solicitor does not seem to share your enthuiasm for getting money back because of lack of BG.

I would appreciate your comments because I really want to get my deposit back off the builder not neccessarily because of the BG but because he is not putting in the facilities he promised, but thats another issue. If I could use the lack of BG to get my money back  that would be great.

I have made 2 stage payments on 15/7/6 and 15/9/6 and received no bank guarantees for either payment. I have paid in total 76184 euros.

Completion was due to be 30/3/8 but because of lack of LFO I have not completed. 

I would appreciate any comments you have.

Thanks 

Dave

Like 0      
02 Jul 2008 7:54 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9403 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Dear Laserman:

The lack of Bank Guarantee has been considered by Case Law in Spain ( Jurisprudencia) as a reason for contract cancellation. You need to prove you have asked that from developers and you have been denied or just simply ignored regarding your right to have that important executive title for he refund of your money.  Preferently in early stages of the building process.

It has also been recognised as a reason for cancellation added to other breaches at late stages of the building process.

The Law itself  ( Code Law) also covers that possibility... but you need to know how to read it, of course. We have also checked our thesis with a Professor of Civil Law in University of Seville and he agrees on our approach.

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
20 Oct 2009 9:00 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9403 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Legal tip 166. No Bank Guarantee?: action against the Bank
20 October 2009 @ 08:41

New action against the Bank in case of lack of Guarantees of Law  57/68

I had had a legal instinct for this since I started working in this type of cases , and have been trying to see, and to see, and to see and I finally saw:

If the Promoter opened a special account where they deposited the amount of your purchase off plan and the Bank did not give bank guarantees or checked out that those guarantees ( also possible through Insurance contract) existed,THE BANK IS RESPONSIBLE  in accordance to provision 1.2 of said Act  for the devolution of handed amounts plus legal interests if the works are not started or completed on time.

A great solution for many purchasers who lacks Bank Guarantee and a way to start building up a  more risponsable financial system! It is about time to this.

www.costaluzlawyers.es

Madrid, November by Martius at Flickr.com

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Architect Wanted - 3 posts
Landlords Rights - 3 posts
Long term rent required-7 months - 1 posts
Happy Valentines!! - 15 posts
TAKING YOUR CAR TO SPAIN - 3 posts
NEXT delivers to Spain for 15€ ! - 13 posts
What happens when it all goes wrong? - 11 posts
Hi I am new in here - 12 posts
RyanAir to close website for 3 days next week - 3 posts
Underground Bins & current bins - 5 posts
House up for sale - now the fun begins! - 28 posts
Is it illegal to sell off plan property with no guarantees? - 6 posts
El Trampolin don't want to pay - 7 posts
Solicitors - 0 posts
Is there VALUE in the Costa de Sol Market? - 19 posts
Disney - 8 posts
Spanish banks savings accounts - 14 posts
rentals needed - 9 posts
Majestic Gardens, Casares - 2 posts
Licence for short term rentals - 5 posts
Santa Ana, Jumilla (Azucena) - 7 posts
Dancing schools - 16 posts
Translation of spanish documents - 6 posts
Tax benefits for rentals - 5 posts
help needed El Galan - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 27

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x