Underground Bins & current bins

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Feb 2008 12:00 AM by leeoliva Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi, Leeoliva here. I have an issue with a constuction company who plans to build a block of flats right next to mine in Oliva Valencia. They intend to block off views and any natural light I had by building a brick wall infront of my windows. This is madness! I have enjoyed light and views from the windows for years now and all of a sudden I'm supposed to look at a wall!  NO WAY JOSE!  What can I do? Does anyone know of any laws about your right to natural light?

Like 0      
13 Feb 2008 1:41 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Leeoliva

Contact Maria de Castro, EOS lawyer, she'll advise on what can be done, if anything.

Email her on mldecastro@costaluzlawyers.es     or    marialuisa@costaluzlawyers.es

Maria L. De Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

Like 0      
13 Feb 2008 3:11 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi leeoliva

How far is this wall going to be from your window?  I'm sure there are limits.

Has the new development had the go-ahead by the Town Hall?  What about the other owners on your urbanisation?  Are they affected too?

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
13 Feb 2008 3:32 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Justin said I'm sure there are limits Wouldn't you think so ??

You say that, Justin, but can you recall seeing a programme on TV recently about a lady who had a lovely place she'd been in a while & suddenly developers were building right against her ? They chopped her pipes etc. She had structural problems because of what they did to her property too. Can you recall it ?

We have a restaurant we like to frequent in our neck of the woods in Spain & they've got windows down one wall which obviously affords them a lot of light. They had nothing on that side of them. Developers suddenly are building right next to them (the restaurant's on the 1st floor) & they are building higher so the restaurant will lose their light too.

Like 0      
13 Feb 2008 5:10 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
That's my point though.  Developers often flout the law and move their boundries a little to squeeze in more properties.  If they are too close, and I'm sure there are legal limits, the residents there should step in NOW and take some action before it's too late.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
13 Feb 2008 6:27 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Im pretty sure here a 3 metre distance from all boundary walls should be in place, also the height of the building has to be in keeping with local planning laws (hahahaha - I know!!!)

You can go to the town hall and find out or get your lawyer onto the case to find out for you. There isnt (as far as Im aware) any rights to light etc, which is why the Spanish buy as high up in a block as they can.

Good luck

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

House up for sale - now the fun begins! - 28 posts
Is it illegal to sell off plan property with no guarantees? - 6 posts
El Trampolin don't want to pay - 7 posts
Solicitors - 0 posts
Is there VALUE in the Costa de Sol Market? - 19 posts
Disney - 8 posts
Spanish banks savings accounts - 14 posts
rentals needed - 9 posts
Majestic Gardens, Casares - 2 posts
Licence for short term rentals - 5 posts
Santa Ana, Jumilla (Azucena) - 7 posts
Dancing schools - 16 posts
Translation of spanish documents - 6 posts
Tax benefits for rentals - 5 posts
help needed El Galan - 0 posts
Long term rental needed Estepona to Manilva - 2 posts
why would they do this ? - 22 posts
Communities working together??? - 1 posts
Help wanted with Wifi - 4 posts
Netball - 10 posts
RECLAIMING IVA (VAT) BY SETTING UP SPANISH COMPANY? - 2 posts
Info needed for new magazine - 1 posts
Quantum Villas - Anyone heard of them ? - 47 posts
Irwin Mitchell Land Grab action - 0 posts
Quick question before flying - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x