:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Feb 2008 12:00 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
  NEXT delivers to Spain for 15€ !  www.nextdirectory.eu/

Like 0      
15 Feb 2008 10:27 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
I know. This is fab news. I wonder what their returns system is though. You would next to do a big order to justify the delivery charge. It is probably a good idea if a group of friends order together.

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
15 Feb 2008 11:20 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Susan, how's you ? If you click on the terms & conditions at the bottom (http://www.nextdirectory.eu/help/terms.asp?flg=1 ) it says ..........

Delivery

Home delivery is €15.00 per order and will be despatched within 7 - 10 working days, subject to availability of the products you have ordered.

Returns

Simply return any unused item within 28 days of receipt for a full refund of the price of the goods (provided it is in a new, unused condition). This approval period does not apply to certain jewellery, cosmetics, grooming, photographic, or food products, or Gift Vouchers. You can return your items via your chosen method using the returns label on the reverse of your delivery note. Postage must be paid by the sender and will not be refunded by Next.

You'd need to make sure you REALLY want what you order, wouldn't you ?

Like 0      
15 Feb 2008 11:42 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi

Yes you would need to be sure. I suppose it's good for people who regularly shop in Next and know exactly what size they need because they will be used to the cut of their clothes.It's probably okay for kids clothes because if in doubt you just size up and they can grow into it. I am still not sure if I would trust it being delivered to my door though.You would need a reliable address.

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
15 Feb 2008 11:46 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Amazingly though some will do almost anything for NEXT stuff. They had a sale here recently & local paper took a photo of queues at 4am !! Now that's SAD .

Like 0      
15 Feb 2008 12:05 PM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

Never saw the attraction in the NEXT sale but know plenty of people who do including one who does queue.  Probably because most of their sizes are too small for me but OH used to be a huge NEXT fan. He has now converted to Zara, Spain's own chain, and spends vast amounts in there instead, usually in Spain because there is more choice.  Again too small for me except for one bargain skirt that had an elasticated waist.

Still trying to find a chain that supplies the larger lady!! Buy a lot from M&S in France (not Marks) but not yet found a similar in Spain. Have been to H&M but any suggestions welcome on local chains. Nice to have something different!

Whilst on clothes etc.  Is it just me or does anyone else think most of the shoes in Spain are small?   Taking size 42 (7/8) I rarely find shoes to fit me. 

Like 0      
15 Feb 2008 12:21 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

My wife was a manager at Next when we were in the UK,she used t have to go in at 1am when the sales were on,Mcdonald used to open up especially early for the people waiting in the queue!!!!!!

The good thing is the staff used to get first dibs on what was in the sale..........

Like 0      
15 Feb 2008 12:28 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
I used to work in the stockroom in Next when I was a student. The earliest I had to make it in for was 5am. I remember one year, starting work at 5am and doing the sale and that evening I flew out to meet  Justin in Gibraltar where he got the hump with me as I was too tired to go out!! He had obviously never been  to a Next sale before.

Yes, it was great getting first dibs, I remember filling a big box full of stuff.

Like 0      
15 Feb 2008 12:39 PM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

Do they still make staff pay for their uniform?  I remember a couple of people who worked for them years ago who told me that they had to wear stuff from the latest ranges and pay for them too (at a discount of course)

Like 0      
15 Feb 2008 12:40 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Sonia said Taking size 42 (7/8) I rarely find shoes to fit me

Oh dear, Sonia, I'm an 8  (I'm in the UK.. in the c--o--l--d ) However, I find I need to buy from catalogues here, rather than a shop, so no better here.

Like 0      
15 Feb 2008 12:58 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
they used to make you pay for your uniform but that was a few years ago now,i would imagine they still do....

Like 0      
15 Feb 2008 1:40 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Sonia El you are not alone, spanish shoes are teeny and why is it that they only put size 37s on display? I feel like a right Mrs Bigfoot when I go to the counter asking for a size 39 or shock, horror (the reaction in the staff's faces) a size 40!!! Even when the length is okay I nearly always find the shoes too narrow. and in the summer I get a very pretty overspill on the sides of the sandals.

With regards to clothes at a UK size10/12 you would think that I wouldn't have a problem but in Zara even a large in tops is sometimes on the limit and I find it really tricky to get trousers to suit my pear shape. I often wonder what curvy ladies do for clothes. I know that in La Cañada shopping centre in Marbella there is Evans and Wallis that go up to an 18 but I don't know of any Spanish chains.

Like 0      
18 Feb 2008 11:01 AM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

Not a huge fan of Evans clothes and luckily have choice of other chains in UK.  BUT Evans shoes are lovely and wide.  Only discovered them last year and it was such joy to actually find something in my size, that was fashionable and didn't pinch.  Unfortunately their boots are still too small around my extra large calves.

Zara clothes are tiny.  My daughter is size 12 and buys their large. Even OH who is a medium has to buy their large men's sizes. At least I can buy from Zara home!! Got a nice handbag in my local shop's sale - down from £89 to £19.

Like 0      
18 Feb 2008 11:31 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Wow what a bargain bag!! I do like Zara bags. I think that Clarks shoe shop would do well here. Although Spanish shoes look pretty you can't beat Clarks for comfort.

Susan

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 2/18/2008.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

What happens when it all goes wrong? - 11 posts
Hi I am new in here - 12 posts
RyanAir to close website for 3 days next week - 3 posts
Underground Bins & current bins - 5 posts
House up for sale - now the fun begins! - 28 posts
Is it illegal to sell off plan property with no guarantees? - 6 posts
El Trampolin don't want to pay - 7 posts
Solicitors - 0 posts
Is there VALUE in the Costa de Sol Market? - 19 posts
Disney - 8 posts
Spanish banks savings accounts - 14 posts
rentals needed - 9 posts
Majestic Gardens, Casares - 2 posts
Licence for short term rentals - 5 posts
Santa Ana, Jumilla (Azucena) - 7 posts
Dancing schools - 16 posts
Translation of spanish documents - 6 posts
Tax benefits for rentals - 5 posts
help needed El Galan - 0 posts
Long term rental needed Estepona to Manilva - 2 posts
why would they do this ? - 22 posts
Communities working together??? - 1 posts
Help wanted with Wifi - 4 posts
Netball - 10 posts
RECLAIMING IVA (VAT) BY SETTING UP SPANISH COMPANY? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x