House up for sale - now the fun begins!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 May 2008 8:46 AM by lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

lifeline´s avatar

I read your comments with interest knowing that  is what we will be doing next June! We wont be taking any furniture as we bought in Spain but we seem to want to hang on to so many other things! We were so sad last week when we had to let go of our ruby but  still have our black and tan. He is hardly eating and very slow moving around. He must feel lonely.

Best wishes with your travels with the puppies and your new life in Spain. Keep popping in and let us know!

Daveil

Like 0      
09 May 2008 9:40 AM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar

Hi j&N,

we have started throwing things out ,selling things and giving things away with a view to moving in a few months. It can be quite traumatic can't it. We are not yet past the point of no return so I am sure there will be some traumatic times ahead.

Good luck with the move.

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      
09 May 2008 11:00 AM by Troythecat Star rating in Stirlingshire, soon .... 72 posts Send private message

Troythecat´s avatar

Good luck on your move to Spain!

We are still waiting to sell  On the market for 11 weeks with FIFTEEEN viewers, all liked the house but not the right buyer yet. Starting to get really stressed about it now and fed-up cleaning and having the house like a showhome!

Margaret

Like 0      
09 May 2008 1:57 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

I AM SOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS.

I want to move out too, but we're still busy tarting up the house to sell - probably a waste of time as the bottom's falling out of the property market.

Irene

Like 0      
09 May 2008 2:27 PM by sterling Star rating in Kent & Partaloa, Alm.... 206 posts Send private message

Hi Irene & Alan,

I know it's soooooo frustrating, you've made up your mind to move and then you have problems selling. It drives you bloody mad. We are in the same boat ,we have a house to sell in Kent with 7 acres!! and we are having trouble shifting it. We are constantly getting viewers who are out for a sunday afternoon nose. But we dont give up hope! We hope to move to our house near Albox this year even if we have to rent this house, we are determined to go this year!!!!! I'm sure things will pick up in the market soon.

Like 0      
09 May 2008 4:37 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi everyone - a quick update on my last post.  I was lucky and managed to sell quickly, although I had a long entry date and the wait was awful. 

What I didn't realise was just how much stuff I had to get rid of!  Margaret, I did do one car boot sale but it was so cold and dreary I decided to give the rest away or sell to friends.  Right up to the last day, I totally miscalculated about packing up the old house - my advice to everyone is to start really early and empty the loft and all those cupboards  weeks in advance - and don't forget the garden shed!!

So, am now into my second week in Spain.  The weather has been mixed, at the moment it's chucking it down so that's helping me feel right at home.  Had problems with my phone and internet connection - didn't see Justin's warning about Telefonica in English until after I had paid them!  All their support is via email and if the problem is that you can't go online then you are stuck!  I did find a phone number eventually but they don't answer it!

However, am really enjoying sorting the house out and finding places for all that stuff I did manage to pack.  

So, good luck to all of you in the midst of moving out - you will get there in the end! 

Like 0      
09 May 2008 6:16 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Claire, so glad to hear that you've settled. Guess you can change your location on your forum profile now to remove Glasgow.

Like 0      
09 May 2008 7:08 PM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar

Claire, I could not agree more, we have a habit of sticking things in the loft, the shed and the back of cupboards and when you start to take it all out, it multiplies - there are some very well stocked car boot sales and charity shops around us now and we still seem to be taking more than we were planning to.

Take note of Claire's warning - start to clear out now! I have been shocked by what we have been getting rid of, but we have managed to recycle the larger proportion sohopefully someone will get the benefit of my hoarding ways - mental note to self to change in new house (yeah, like that will happen!)

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
10 May 2008 12:25 PM by Troythecat Star rating in Stirlingshire, soon .... 72 posts Send private message

Troythecat´s avatar

Claire I ended up doing not too bad from the bootsale...Ok I was practically giving stuff away, but there was lots of it! You have got to see the funny side of selling a cd player for4 quid then watching the guy take it over to his stall and sell for double that!

Good to hear you are settled and maybe catch up with you when we move out? just need to sell this house!

Good luck to you all,

Margaret

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Is it illegal to sell off plan property with no guarantees? - 6 posts
El Trampolin don't want to pay - 7 posts
Solicitors - 0 posts
Is there VALUE in the Costa de Sol Market? - 19 posts
Disney - 8 posts
Spanish banks savings accounts - 14 posts
rentals needed - 9 posts
Majestic Gardens, Casares - 2 posts
Licence for short term rentals - 5 posts
Santa Ana, Jumilla (Azucena) - 7 posts
Dancing schools - 16 posts
Translation of spanish documents - 6 posts
Tax benefits for rentals - 5 posts
help needed El Galan - 0 posts
Long term rental needed Estepona to Manilva - 2 posts
why would they do this ? - 22 posts
Communities working together??? - 1 posts
Help wanted with Wifi - 4 posts
Netball - 10 posts
RECLAIMING IVA (VAT) BY SETTING UP SPANISH COMPANY? - 2 posts
Info needed for new magazine - 1 posts
Quantum Villas - Anyone heard of them ? - 47 posts
Irwin Mitchell Land Grab action - 0 posts
Quick question before flying - 11 posts
New CGT Rules - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 29

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x