Mazarron anyone?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Mar 2008 5:49 PM by alncaz Star rating in Newcastle upon Tyne. 9 posts Send private message

hi there I'm new to this forum.  I was in Camposol in January and am going back in May and again in Aug with a view to possible purchase.  Been very confused by some of the previous posts re flooding, subsidence etc can anyone elaborate on these issues.  Also are there any other forums anyone could direct me to on camposol as need to get as much info as possible before commiting myself. 

cheers

Like 0      
24 Mar 2008 6:00 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Just search google with' camposol' and you will find out a lot of info

There have  and still are problems with some of the properties over completion and habitation certificates...also some properties only apparently have approval as holiday homes....all seems very complicated!!!

Yet many seem quite happy as all properties are clearly not affected

There are lots of other alternatives including Polaris World just up the road which will in due course become the prime location in this area

Here prices start from 119.800 € for a 2 bed but if you want something now the only ones left ready mid to late 2008 are from 130.700 €

A touch west also opens up a lot of alternatives for re sales and new ready in a short time scale...2 bed villa in 400 m2 plots from circa 170.000 €

When you are over looking may be worth seeing alternatives

Like 0      
25 Mar 2008 9:02 AM by Mutley Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Yes we bought ours via Iberia Villa Sales in Puerto de Mazarron and Camposol excellent service, a huge range of properties over a huge geographic area with all the major developers.

Like 0      
16 Apr 2008 4:04 PM by Beebop Star rating. 25 posts Send private message

Hi all have you seen this news article, check out the internet site

MASA ...unrepentant after illegally selling house twice

A British man is involved in a legal battle with Spanish property developer, MASA, after the company broke into his father’s property and sold his house to a new owner for a fraction of the value of the house - while his father was still alive.
The British man, who for legal reasons we shall call Mr B, is the executor of his father’s estate and only learned that his father owned a property in Spain in 2005, while his father was alive and residing in the UK. The Torrevieja property was bought by his father in 1984, and was lived in until the gentleman became too ill to remain in Spain and had to return to England in the mid 1990s. It was in 2005 when he asked his son to fly to Spain to check up on the property,and the son became suspicious when he found he could not open the property with his father’s keys. Mr B soon learned that MASA had sold his father’s home to a Spanish lady for just 18.000 euros, afraction of the total value of the property. He also learned that all of his father’s possessions had been removed from the property and destroyed by MASA, who had broken into the house to gain access to it. Mr B is said to believe the stress caused by learning that MASA had sold his home caused his father’s condition to deteriorate more rapidly, leading to his death in September 2006.
The case was brought to my attention by Torrevieja solicitor, Oscar Ricor, ( Ricor Abogados), who is representing Mr B in his legal battle against MASA. Mr Ricor told me: “This gentleman did not have deeds to the property in his name, however, we have the purchase contract and receipts stating he paid the builder directly. The house was legally his, and therefore it is legally his son’s, who has been appointed to administer the estate, according to the “Grant of Letter of Administration” issued by the High Court of Birmingham.”
It would appear MASA are using every trick in the book to excuse themselves of any wrong-doing in this case, including questioning the authenticity of the official English Court decision.
MASA have also said they believe the property was abandoned, and therefore they had a right to sell it again. Mr Ricor said: “MASA, which was the initial Vending Company of the property, could not have been “ignorant” of the fact that Mr B’s father had acquired the property by a private sale agreement and therefore he was the legitimate owner. The onus was on MASA- as Development reliable company- to warn the owner about the status of the property, and advise him of the different manners to rectify any possible anomaly as set out by Spanish law, either through the Notary or through the courts. They should never have kept quiet and waited. This spurious conduct puts paid to the presumption of good faith, as MASA made no attempt whatsoever to contact the owner or his family.”
Despite a heap of evidence pointing to serious wrong-doing by MASA,the constructor is unrepentant and their refusal to put right what they have done has led Mr B to instruct Oscar Ricor to issue a court summons. Mr Ricor said: “MASA are blaming my client’s deceased father for not visiting the property more often, but here we have a situation where a very ill man could not fly to Spain to check his property. Add to that the breaking-in and entering of the property, and destruction of personal belongings, and we have a criminal case.” Mr Ricor has obtained written confirmation from a British doctor that Mr B’s father could not fly, adding more weight to the case against the constructor. He is also highly suspicious about the re-sale amount of just 18,000 euros, representing a fraction of the real value of the house at the time.
He said: “The fact that the property was acquired in 2005 at the price of €18,000, an amount that is appreciably less than the market price of the property at the time, arouses deep suspicion and would be reason to presume bad faith and to construe indicatively that there was a meeting of minds between the vendor and the purchaser in the interest of dispossessing Mr B’s father of his property, taking advantage of his absence from Spain.”
Like so many cases I have heard about, it would seem theconstructor is relying on the client being unable to afford to take them to court. But MASA picked on the wrong people, and Mr B and his family are determined to have their day in court, with a great economical and personal sacrifice. Mr Ricor told me: “Builders know the court system is slow. Currently some courts are experiencing long delays in processing “denuncias”, because apparently they are overburdened with an increasing number of cases they have before them.
“When an economy is based entirely on the construction industry, many builders feel they are able to do just about anything they want to do.
The laws are there, and they are good laws, but it is up to the authorities to apply the rule of law. It’s not such a difficult thing for builders to fulfill obligations, but they have become so greedy and nothing has happened to them for so many years, they think they can continue to get away with abuse of their customers.”
Mr Ricor is concerned about older people moving to Spain and thinking of buying a property here. He said: “There are still well known constructors out there who are issuing abusive contracts that are advantageous to themselves and detrimental to the customer. When a customer signs an abusive contract, it makes fighting the case much more difficult. It is a daily battle just to get a judge to accept the case for a hearing, and I have to be realistic with my clients and try to strike a balance. I know people don’t have money, and very often they’ve already lost huge amounts of money as a result of the actions of a constructor.”
He concluded: “It is a sad fact that the majority of all the problem cases I am dealing with are customers who have bought their properties through British owned or British run estate agents. People should get to know who these companies are and who the abusive constructors are, and avoid them. Insist on choosing your own independent solicitor and notary carefully, and always remember there is a well-connected network out there.”
Mr B’s case was presented at the court in Torrevieja on 26 November 2007, representing the first stage in what could become a lengthy battle.
However, the family have set up a website and are hoping to hear from others who have experienced problems with MASA.
Ironically, their website address is
www.grupo-masa.co.uk.

Like 0      
21 Apr 2008 3:54 PM by Grayers40 Star rating in Liverpool- Born Bris.... 4 posts Send private message

Grayers40´s avatar

Spent Friday night there just gone, woke up to a great view from the Hotel looking over the harbour, just used the Hotel for 1 night as we were visiting Condado De Alhama the next day,

flew into Murcia got lost went over the hills not recommended late at night,

People really friendly good night rates from the Hotel

Like 0      
21 Apr 2008 4:06 PM by CaroleM Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

So nice to hear a positive response Steve.

Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself 

Mazarron is lovely, very unspoilt . Highly recommended by me.....and many others

Like 0      
21 Apr 2008 4:58 PM by Mutley Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

If you were at the Camposol hotel your eyesight is much better than mine if you could see the harbour! was it the Cumbre?

This message was last edited by Mutley on 4/21/2008.

Like 0      
09 Jul 2008 11:05 PM by noggins Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Ok so I have been watching this thread. We are coming out in oct. to basically decide once and for all if moving to spain is what we want. we are pretty decided that it is but -because we have heard -up until now -only great things about campasol, that is where we are heading for. Been watching prices and we realise it is up and coming  and therefore prices are good but all this talk of bad builders and poor foundations and subsidence is making us nervous. Any one care to elaborate or perhaps give some positive advice?
we are a couple with 2 young teens.

Like 0      
10 Jul 2008 9:27 AM by Mutley Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

The only way you are going to find out what Camposol is really all about is to go and look, we did, we bought and we are very, very happy with our decision.

Like anywhere there are a few people that cause loads of problems and if you watch the MSN boards for Camposol it’s always the same self opinionated verbose individuals that continuously whinge on about anything they can find.
These people are only interested in self-aggrandisement and blowing their own noisy trumpet.  
Toms900 (Rod something or other) and Angle5 are a husband and wife team that are well known political activists that are involved with the CRA (Camposol Residents Association)  That organisation claims to be the elected body for representing the residents of Camposol. Their supposedly electoral base included any member of a “villa”, including the children (no lower age limit) – visitors and non residents. The committee of the CRA does not include any member that originally took part in that election they have all replaced the original members by being co-opted onto the committee by other committee members without reference to the general membership.
They have never published any accounts, never published any membership or voting details. They have collected a large sum of money to employ a legal company to construct a legal review of the infrastructure and building residential status and so far after two years failed to deliver the report or explain where the money is (c€10k+).
Rod edits the “Camposol Courier” the official newspaper of the CRA, the paper has an enormous advertising base, about 20 full pages yet claims that the paper only just breaks even and  both the CRA and the paper needs financial support from the membership i.e. another collection.
VivaJonsey (Lloyd Jones) is a fine example of the virtuoso own trumpet player, a quite evangelical supporter of the CRA no other opinion or view should be posted on any MSN board that does not accord with his own.
These individuals together with a very small handful of others have created a very poor image for Camposol that is totally unjustified, their motivation and honesty should be judged by reviewing their MSN postings over a long period of time and you should form your own opinion.
You should also be aware that all the current MSN pure bulletin boards are managed by supporters of the CRA so criticism of the CRA is not possible.
When you visit Camposol the biggest problem you will find will be reconciling the real Camposol to the picture  painted by these people on the MSN boards, it is truly a great place if you want to be, you only need a positive attitude and an open mind rather than joining in on the mindless negativity engendered by those that would be King at any price to anyone else.

This message was last edited by Mutley on 7/10/2008.

Like 0      
13 Jul 2008 11:46 AM by macki62000 Star rating in Lanarkshire Scotland.... 15 posts Send private message

Noggins - go and do exactly as you have decided. My husband and myself have just gotten back from Camposol at 5am this morning after yet another blissful two weeks. It gets harder and harder to come back to the UK after each visit.  Please make your own mind up. We, like you, will be taking 6 mths when we are ready to retire (early) to decide if we wish to stay there permanently or do 6 mths and 6 mths. It is always a good idea to experience it for yourselves. I personally have been over 7 times within the past 14 months  and all my family and friends who have visited have had the same comment, they have been totally chilled out by the experience. As for Mutley's comments, I believe that some of what he or she says isnt far from the mark. Although I couldnt agree with picking out individuals on an open forum.
Go to Camposol and enjoy.
All the best.
Macki6200

Like 0      
13 Jul 2008 12:06 PM by Mutley Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

macki,

You are right, but those individules continue to post things elsewhere that paint a bad picture for Camposol, I believe that its is important for any Camposol interested readers to be aware that 90% of the bad things are generated by just 0.000001% of Camposol people and they have their own agenda that will not prove in the interests of the other 99.99%.

Wrong I may be to actualy say it but here but where else is there now?

Like 0      
09 Aug 2008 3:59 PM by LaChica Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Hi Noggins,

I have to agree with Macki and Mutley. We bought in Camposol 6 years ago. We did our homework and found out that it was an up-and-coming area with EU grants to improve the infrastructure. We could not have afforded to buy in the popular areas further up the coast that were already developed. 

Over the years we've visited and been impressed with the rate and quality of development of the Port, the roads, and Mazarron itself. We did not buy for the short-term as an investment to sell for a profit. We intend to retire there in a few years, and in the meantime have some relaxing holidays. We let friends use our house, and they come back having loved the area.

All big housing esatates have their problems, Spain is no exception. For some unlucky people, there have been problems with subsidence but the builder, MASA, is putting these right. I don't know the numbers for total houses in the Urb and those with problems, but would guess the percentage is small. When I worked in Quality Control for a major electronics manufacturer we aimed to keep defects to about 15 per thousand, I would think Camposol has about the same proportion.
As for the comment about pre-fabs, yes, the concrete panels are factory made with insulation already inside the panels and door & window holes pre-formed. Foundations are concrete piles cast into holes drilled in the clay/shale ground. Our house has 15ft at least, but I think it varies depending on the ground. Pre-cast concrete channels are set on the piles then cranes lift the wall panels into place where they are bedded on mastic in the channels. This allows some movement (earthquakes) while keeping the house square. An advantage of this is that windows & doors fit properly and are in the position intended by the architect unlike in our brick built house in the UK. Insulation is also better than with the terracotta hollow bricks used in many Mediterranean areas. It enables the builder to used semi-skilled labour to keep costs down. The only downside we've found is that drilling holes is almost impossible, one needs a high powered, heavy duty hammer drill.

The roads and green areas are the last to be developed in most urbanisations in Spain, and lack of rainfall means that they stay looking grotty for years: in the UK they would be greened over in a season. Rainfall in UK is one of the reasons we want to move to Spain.

On MSN Camposol forums there are many level-headed, well balanced contributors as well as those who like to stir up trouble. Unfortunately the latter group are the noisiest. I'd go with Mackie's advice. If you want to stay in our humble little house while you check out the area send me a pm. One thing though - think about activities for your teens. I don't think there's much in Camposol at the moment. Of course, if they're 15 and can ride a moped into Mazarron, they'll be able to meet up with their Spanish schoolmates.

Like 0      
09 Aug 2008 5:30 PM by CaroleM Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

Well said La Chica

We love Camposol wholeheartedly, its a wonderful place to be.
We are only able to visit two or three times a year, (we too hope to eventually semi retire there) but every time our holidays'  are over, its get harder and harder to go back to the UK and leave our home, fantastic neighbours and all of that sunshine.

Carole and Stan xx

Like 0      
09 Aug 2008 5:45 PM by Mutley Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

I seems that after a lot of complaints about the content of some of the sites someone is trying to start a new msn Camposol website, Camposol-United - its stated objectives are just those of its name I hope it works out - it's about time that someone tried to promote the really good things rather than scoring points off others - just read the posts about the new medical centre on one of the boards - one of the named  below says that it could not welcomed until it was known how many floors it had! I bet he wonders why some non visitors have a bad image of Camposol in their mind.

Like 0      
10 Aug 2008 10:01 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Looking forward to visiting Camposol when we go over, our friends have a place and love it there  .

Like 0      
23 Nov 2008 4:46 PM by gazando Star rating in Alhama de Murcia. 3 posts Send private message

OMG a positive feed of Camposol - what a nice refreshing change.

Yes there is a few negatives about Camposol and MASA, but in general it is a very nice place to visit, everything is at hand - Restaurants, bars, and English speaking shopping, and the surrounding areas are a pleasure to visit. You are around an hour from Alicante airport on terrific road infrastructure, you also have within an hours drive, the port of Mazzaron, Cartegena, Murcia city and all of the very clean beaches of the costa Calida.

During the summer months there is always something happening on Camposol itself, but if you want to extend your nightlife there is always an abundant of real Spanish Fiestas ongoing (and they know how to party).

I have been in this area for 5 years now and would not live anywhere else, I love every minute.

Best of luck on you house hunt, now is definetly the time to bed.

Like 0      
23 Nov 2008 5:46 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Gazando

Welcome to the forum.

We did get there eventually, after getting lost LOL! Will take the right turn off next time

Had a great time with our friends, their place is great, and plan on going again next time we are over

Like 0      
23 Nov 2008 6:04 PM by CaroleM Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

Hi Candyfloss

So glad you enjoyed your trip to Camposol. It's a lovely place and improving all the time as you can see from some of the wonderful homes and gardens that us Camposolers are so proud of

Carole xxx

Like 0      
23 Nov 2008 6:34 PM by macki62000 Star rating in Lanarkshire Scotland.... 15 posts Send private message

So glad you found it and liked it. I have been over 5 times this year and quite frankly find it harder and harder to come back to the UK each time. There is definately something to be said for waking up in lovely surroundings in the sunshine! The vast majority of people I have come across in Camposol are decent folk who take pride in their surroundings. Obviously there are the minority who dont - but you come across them everywhere. All in all my husband and myself are extremely happy to have bought there.

All the best Candyfloss. Perhaps we will meet up one of the times you are over. I will buy you a wee hauf in one of the bars.

Like 0      
23 Nov 2008 10:03 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Macki

Yes, after driving through Cartegena and back out again. Lucky we had the mobiles, it was a scream. After that we found out we could have got there from the the bottom end of Cartegena  We had a great time but missed the infamous quiz night at the local. So they have threatened to take us next time  . Should take us 40 mins not 3 hours LOL!

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Asturias, N332 Punta Prima, Costa Blanca - 4 posts
Adorable puppies urgently need a home please - 4 posts
El Ejército del Aire - Spanish Equivalent to Red Arrows - 8 posts
DOLORES - New to the forum. - 2 posts
El Pinet update on refunds! - 7 posts
Hacienda Casares - new to site - 5 posts
La Duquesa - 1 posts
Woody - 0 posts
Which Broadband - 3 posts
Phase Two will noty be ready by March - 1 posts
medical support - 2 posts
Looking for long term Rental URGENT!! from 08.08.07 - 9 posts
Algorfa - 82 posts
New features coming.... - 54 posts
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY - 12 posts
just signed up - 7 posts
Out of pocket expenses for President - 11 posts
Marie Castro.....Baby? - 29 posts
Looking to rent 1month and 2 weeks - 5 posts
Has Any One Been To The Capanes del Golf Site Recently - 4 posts
New PGOU Marbella - 6 posts
astronomy in Torrevieja - 0 posts
Easyjet problems - 11 posts
A question about IVA for an estate agent - 12 posts
Rental needed with adsl - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 104

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x