Mazarron anyone?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Nov 2007 10:06 PM by talker Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

I did and not too far down the road. At the time Campsol did not seem to want me and my children so I moved. Now they are fluent in Spanish and have many friends.The Spanish seem to resent Camposol because it has pushed prices up but that is market forces for you. The developers get rich and do not pass the profit to the local economy.
It has many problems but I am sure it will eventually become part of Mazarron.

Like 0      
10 Nov 2007 11:54 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I was interested to read this http://groups.msn.com/Camposol/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=2577&LastModified=4675647426789577774

I understand the concerns you have for the area you have bought into. Good luck.

EOS  hope you enjoy it.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 11/11/2007.

Like 0      
11 Nov 2007 12:08 AM by lofty2007 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

There is only one problem with Camposol,  A small group of people who call themselves the CRA (camposol residents asscoiation)  The fools thought  they could  bully the spanish authorities by legal threats adverse publicity etc etc.   All they achieved was Devaluation of  all property on Camposol. Made homeowners believe they had been conned by the builder and lost everything and worst of all alienation of our hosts.  Now the local mayor has hit back and punished all camposol residents  by denying any planning applications, banning any music or entertainment on Camposol and finally removing policing.   The truth is the CRA are a small bunch of busybodies who Lie, Bully and frighten people into agreeing to policys which bear no value in Spain   this group of mindless, selfish, ill informed idiots have destroyed Camposol and taken the dreams and hopes of many away forever. As the Police have now  been pulled off Camposol  residents  are left to fend for ourselves.  Mazarron Town hall have rejected camposol people as residents of Mazarron and left  human nature to take its course  Unless the CRA are removed NOW  Camposol will now slowly slip into a state of disrepair and lawlessness untill eventually the brits will move out. And the spanish will reclaim the Land. 

The CRA Want the cash strapped town hall to spend thousands of euros needed by the locals for education and essential services on making Camposol Pretty so the prices stay high.  They want The town hall to break the law and change classifications of houses to keep property prices high.  They want extra policemen, a Medical centre, they demand the council do this or legal action will be taken in the eurpoean courts.  Do they pay rates to cover the costs  NO.  They pay nothing.  Most of the residents of camposol will not agree to my statement publicly however privately a very large feeling of hatred is growing towards this organisation.   How Dare these people move to a foriegn country feed of their resources  put nothing back in then  demand things are done to british standards or else.  I am so ashamed to be British.  when i talk to Spanish people here in Mazarron town they allways ask " are you from Camposol"  No I say  please don't associate me with those people. i am glad to be in Spain and I love your way of life

Like 0      
11 Nov 2007 9:49 AM by Pinksporran Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

The good, the bad (and the ugly) are everywhere in the world - not just in Camposol.   Hubby and I purchased off plan nearly 4 years ago - yes, we've had a couple of problems, but Masa were very helpful in getting them sorted out, and they have  put in a few extras as compensation for our wait.        Everytime we visit Camposol we enjoy it more and more.   Everyone we've met have been so friendly and helpful.  We cannot wait for 10 months to pass until we can move in permanently. 

So, for anyone thinking of moving to Spain - give Camposol a visit.    Good affordable houses, great views, great people, good facilities, excellent roads -  the place is improving all the time.

Like 0      
11 Nov 2007 11:17 AM by macki62000 Star rating in Lanarkshire Scotland.... 15 posts Send private message

Lofty - I would like to think that the Spanish people will judge us all as individuals and not dismiss someone because they come from a certain area? Perhaps you are more privy to information than the rest of us but is it not correct that the Mayor has set aside land for a medical centre, a pharmacy and a church? I would think that these would not be the actions of someone who does not support Camposol. As for Camposol not contributing to the local community, I would say that Camposol residents and owners support the surrounding areas of Mazarron and the Port by their very existence, after all very few residents spend their total time and money in Camposol itself. They use the shops, restaurants, facilities of the surrounding areas, thereby contributing to the local economy. Why then should they not  expect to have their own facilities in the future? Of  course there are ways and means to get these things without bullying or harrassing and these methods are also being used by people working quietly for the good of Camposol but I see no mention of that within your posting. We love Spain, and in particular the Mazarron area which is why we chose to buy there. I am unable to comprehend your belief that the Mayor would "punish" a whole community because he perhaps disagrees with someone from that community?  Is Camposol not in existence through the behest of the Spanish people who wished to encourage people to invest in their country? Hopefully when the problems are sorted (and there are problems with every new community) we will be accepted as part and parcel of Mazarron, its just a matter of ironing out the current issues. Perhaps this forum is not the place to be discussing any particular issues - we have websites within the community which are better suited. Overall Camposol is a brilliant place and can only get better with time.

Like 0      
11 Nov 2007 12:58 PM by CaroleM Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

WELL SAID, MACKI62000.

Like 0      
11 Nov 2007 2:10 PM by jambos Star rating in camposol. 3 posts Send private message

Lofty your are correct about the CRA they have spoiled things up to a point in Camposol but I think you are of the mark with the mayor, about the music issue it only affects the pubs in sector B because none of them have a licence for music, in sector A at least they have  licences and still play music. So its not all doom and gloom.

Like 0      
11 Nov 2007 7:13 PM by jandsreynolds Star rating. 31 posts Send private message

We bought a villa on Camposol this year and are very happy with our purchase.  Anyone who is thinking of buying in Spain should check it out for themselves and make your own judgement, otherwise you could miss out.  You get alot for your money, properties with award winning style, in a beautiful and peaceful location with 10-15 min access to the beach at a reasonable price.  Everything is manageable and on your doorstep if you want it.  Personally we don't think you can beat it.  Our street has a mix of people and everyone helps each other if help is needed.  We have met most in our street and havent come across anyone who is unhappy on the development.  Don't be put off by a few whingers!  There are always a few and its a large development over a large area.

Like 0      
12 Nov 2007 9:53 AM by joang Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

We too own on Camposol and echo the comments of Sithering and Macki, in that Camposol is maturing nicely and most of the "completion" issues should be resolved.  I have read that MASA, the main developer, has security deposits with the local council for each property and these deposits, in theory, would be forfieted if MASA did not complete the urbanization.  

It should be remembered that Camposol is enormous; perhaps 4500 - 5,000 villas built already, spread over four sectors in a very large valley.  Building is ongoing.   There are huge tracts of 'green' areas so there is a feeling of space, with most villas enjoying spectacular views. 

MASA oversold the units, promising build-times of  up to 18 months, but generally failed to meet those times.  A number of properties have suffered some subsidence and that must be a great worry for those individuals, but I would suggest that as a perrecentage, serious structural problems are fairly rare. 

Bob Rowlands, how can you say that Polaris World at Condado De Alhama will have "no problems" when they have only just started?  I understand Polaris World receive da lot of criticism in a recent UK TV programme.   It strikes me that Polaris World,especially the apartments, will be more likley to be bought by investors looking to resell for profit or for landlords looking to rent.  Either way, Condado De Alhama is unlikely to develop any community spirit, such as is developing at Camposol.

Joe B

Like 0      
12 Nov 2007 10:58 AM by yachtmaster Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

hi

Just like to add our thoughts

We bought on Camposol a resale property over three years ago when D sector was still in its "infancy". up to now we have only used it for holidays including long weekends were possible. I  am sure any new housing developement will have its fair share of teething problems - how many new developements include a  hotel, shops golf course, dual carraiageways etc etc. It is the equiavalent of building a new town. Dont forget there is also more than one builder - It is a lot more than a couple of blocks of apartments. quite agreee that some of the work done by MASA especially garden walls leave a lot to be desired but most people have done the rectification work themselves and MASA are slowly but surely doing the resurfacing of the roads etc.    

We love Camposol and the surrounding area. We also have excellent neighbours as a lot  ofin our area live there full  time and are not just used as holiday homes. This leads to a great community spirit -just look at the various street parties for new years eve!

There have been a lot of properties for sale but I would have thought this normal as I am sure a lot of people bought off plan with no intention of ever using them. Each time we go over we see more now being sold and used especially the ones which are detached . This also adds to the looks of the area as people are planting gardens, putting on a coat of paint etc

Looking in the estate agents .- there a still some reasonably priced properties for sale including pools etc.

So come and have a look at Camposol - it may not be for everyone but I would say the majority of people who live or own properties there really like it.    

Gerard

Like 0      
12 Nov 2007 11:48 AM by cazbags Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

New to this forum but couldnt help but write a few lines.   My partner and I bought on Camposol nearly two years ago for a holiday home.   It wasn't what we were initially looking for - but good value for money, private pool, lovely area, great neighbours and the still typically spanish port.    Why all the moaning?    Just enjoy the place.  Camposol - very addictive and every time we go just don't ever want to go back to UK.   

Like 0      
12 Nov 2007 1:14 PM by Al White Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

"rent a villa for a few days"

We did exactly that a couple of months ago and we were pleasantly surprised! 

I went with the intention of keeping my mind open even though I was told by my family that I would hate it there as I am usually consistent in liking properties in the country with little or no neighbours around.  If anyone should hate Camposol it's me - I fit the profile!!!

I agree with what has been said about the friendly people on Camposol and the feeling of tranquility.  A huge number of the properties are rented out which means that the place is very quiet as obviously there are many villas unoccupied at any given time.

The value for money cannot and should not be ignored.  We looked at property on the Mazarron Country Club which is only minutes down the road but we felt that the prices were over-inflated and they offered less facilities than Camposol plus there are steep annual "service charges" to pay...no thanks if I buy a property I want it to be mine!

I think the main reason Camposol is cheap is it's name and it's "Sector A, Sector B, C, D" don't help.  As someone on here typed "Camp Ars**ole" I think that just about says it all.  Snobbery and name calling won't help raise house prices but if you can see past a few negative clever comments then you will be pleasantly surprised as we were.

Just driving around Camposol isn't a way to judge it you actually need to stay there.  Just 2 nights is probably enough to decide yes or no but allow yourself a LOT more time if you want to view/buy a property when you are there, Camposol is absolutely huge and has a massive choice and variety of property all with different plots and stages of maturity.

One other point, any foreign property purchase is scary and that is another reason Camposol is for me.  I intend to learn Spanish and plan to spend time in Mazarron and the Port but having a fall back option of English speaking builders/solicitors/friends/neighbours will no doubt be very useful.

I am pretty sure I have secured a property deal on Camposol for myself now and I simply can't wait to get out there away from the frost that has just arrived in the UK!

Al.

Like 0      
12 Nov 2007 2:06 PM by El Alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

Hi we are in the process of buying on ALmanzora - the same builder as Mazarron, I believe.  (HUMA)

After 2 years nothing has happened so we are in the process of pulling out.  Our solicitor does not seem to be doing muc.  Can you recommend a good english speaker solicitors.  Glad to hear you got money back plus interest.

Any advice or info you may have would be much appreciated.

For Diketh

You may be interested to read the following.

All this happend not far from the site of  Almanzura Country Club

US Dropped Four H-Bombs
On Spain In 1966

By Yvonne Zanos
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
12-1-3

PALOMARES, Spain -- Almost 40 years have passed since the U.S. Air Force accidentally dropped four hydrogen bombs on Spain. But the fallout continues with a newly published scientific study that traced the spread of radiation from the accident site -- and continuing rumors about a mysterious fifth bomb that supposedly is still leaking on the Mediterranean Sea floor.

Ironically, while the scientists who conducted the study discount the fifth-bomb theory, their findings have fueled the rumors. They reported that the Mediterranean, indeed, has been contaminated -- but only from radioactive material that washed into the sea from the bombs that hit land. They also said current levels of radioactivity pose no threat to people.

The story goes back to Jan. 17, 1966, when a B-52 bomber and a KC-135 tanker aircraft collided during a refueling exercise over the sleepy farming village of Palomares on Spain's southeastern coast.

Both planes disintegrated and down went the B-52's four hydrogen bombs, creating the first U.S. nuclear weapons crisis near a populated area. Each 1.5-megaton bomb packed 100 times more explosive power than the bomb dropped on Hiroshima in World War II.

Two were found intact. One fell on land, the other into the Mediterranean, where it was recovered after an 80-day effort dramatized in the 2000 Hollywood film "Men of Honor." The movie spotlighted U.S. Navy diver Carl Brashear, who lost a leg in the effort.

Non-nuclear explosives in the other two bombs detonated when they hit the ground. Hydrogen bombs contain conventional explosives that trigger the nuclear blast. Seven pounds of plutonium were splattered over 558 acres of Palomares, forcing an $80 million clean-up by the United States.

Military crews hauled away 1,500 tons of radioactive soil and tomato plants for burial at a nuclear waste dump in Aiken, S.C. Some radioactive material inevitably was left behind, perhaps as much as 15 percent of the total.

"The remainder of the original plutonium clearly has spread, and spread widely," said William R. Schell, a University of Pittsburgh emeritus professor and a member of the international team that reported on the accident in the current edition of the journal Science and the Total Environment. "There's been quite a bit of migration into the Mediterranean."

Radioactivity was detected in western Mediterranean plankton -- tiny plants and animals that drift in the water and serve as staple food for fish and other larger organisms. "It was a surprise," said Joan-Albert Sanchez-Cabeza of the University of Barcelona, head of the research team.

Sanchez-Cabeza explained that plutonium does not dissolve easily in water. Yet somehow, plutonium and a related radioactive material, americium, got into the water and were taken up by marine organisms.

Plutonium is extremely toxic and lingers in the environment for ages. It takes 24,000 years for half of a given amount to decay.

Plutonium outside the body is relatively harmless because it emits a form of radiation that cannot penetrate skin. But when absorbed into the body from air, food or cuts in the skin, it can cause cancer and other serious health problems.

The research team found that the highest radiation levels in the plankton were well below the human danger level set by the World Health Organization. It also learned that the plutonium apparently does not accumulate to higher levels in the fish that eat plankton -- a matter of particular concern to the Spanish, who eat a lot of fish.

"We think that the plutonium found in plankton should not be of serious concern to the public," Sanchez-Cabeza said. "But further research and monitoring is needed."

The study revived rumors that a fifth nuclear bomb from the Palomares accident was never recovered and remains submerged in the Mediterranean, leaking radiation.

A Spanish radio news program dredged up the old stories right after the new study was announced. "That has been a local rumor or worry in the area since the accident," the station's commentator noted. "Well now, the latest radioactive readings in local plankton have started to rise. I'll leave you to decide for yourselves if there is another bomb."

Sanchez-Cabeza, noting the lack of any documentation to support the fifth-bomb theory, said, "Well, that's a big one."

American B-52 bombers in the 1960s typically carried four hydrogen bombs. In another of more than 30 known "Broken Arrow" incidents between 1950 and 1980, a nuclear-armed B-52 crashed near the Thule Air Base in Greenland in 1968. Crews recovered four nuclear bombs.

Researchers dismiss the fifth-nuke stories and believe that contaminated soil from Palomares eventually washed into the ocean after heavy rains. Wind-blown dust, which contains the same chemical "fingerprint" as the radiation found in the soil at Palomares, may be another source.

The U.S. Department of Energy and its Spanish counterpart are monitoring the health of Palomares' 1,500 residents. The Energy Department said the accident so far has caused no known radiation-related cancers or other health problems.

In 2002, the U.S. Air Force surgeon general re-analyzed the radiation exposure of 1,500 U.S. military veterans involved in the Palomares clean up. Their work involved packing contaminated soil in steel drums, burning tainted crops and roto-tilling fields to bury radioactive material. The surgeon general concluded that they were exposed to only one-tenth the current radiation limit for workers at commercial nuclear power plants and other facilities.

The Air Force study reached similar conclusions for 700 personnel involved in cleaning up the Broken Arrow incident in Greenland, which happened when a B-52 caught fire and the crew was forced to bail out. Conventional explosives in the hydrogen bombs detonated in that incident as well, spreading plutonium and other radioactive material over the ice and snow.

In his 1997 book "America's Lost H-Bomb," the late Randall C. Maydew, a government nuclear weapons guru who helped design arming, fusing, firing and safety systems, wrote that the Palomares case and other Broken Arrow episodes produced at least some beneficial fallout: They prompted designers to make weapons less prone to release radioactive material in the case of an accident.

This message was last edited by El Alamillo on 11/12/2007.

Like 0      
12 Nov 2007 8:55 PM by millie13 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi I would just like to add my opinion of Camposol, we came on a visit last November as we were thinking of taking early retirement, selling up in the UK and moving to Spain. We really liked Camposol on our first visit so much we returned home ,accepted an offer on our house ,and upped sticks to Camposol in January. We found our villa after one week and have loved every minute since with no regrets at all. Like the other have said there are problems ,what new builds don't have them, but the social side here is better than the UK was for me. My neighbours are great people who would help us if we needed it. The climate brings the best out of people and thats what I first noticed how friendly the people were and still are.  This urbanisation is in a class of its own really, no high rise, fantastic views , affordable prices and great beaches on the doorstep. If you wnat value for money come and see Camposol for yourself you could be pleasantly surprised!!!

Like 0      
13 Nov 2007 12:04 AM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Looks like a ' Camposol'  owners are getting in to the marketing business!!!

And why not.....I'm sure that in 5/10 years when all the problems have been solved you will all look back and reflect ' what a good life we have all had and the risk we took has paid off'

And if the reason you have bought is for a 'Life Style ' then who cares......in 5/10 years any increase in value will be a bonus

Like 0      
13 Nov 2007 10:24 AM by rogerm Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

I am sure that many living on Camposol enjoy their villa and their lifestyle, however there are still issues and in addition to the 'marketing' and support by those with positive views, surely the residence need to apply pressure on those able to resolve these issues.

There are some problems with subsidence, there are many villas with poorly constructed garden walls where many are cracked and rendering falling off, the roads are in poor state, lots of property for sale should also send a message. No certificates of habitation, few title deeds, whole streets with a 'touristo classification' unbeknown to the owners on purchase. no mains electricity on some sectors after lengthy periods, electricity cuts occur regularly when the generators run out of fuel, no street lights on other sectors, no cables broadband on A Sector. The B Sector Commercial centre is a concrete eye sore. The list is lengthy and not easily resolved. Buyer beware.

By all means support your community but I would suggest that action is also required and this will be difficult with the difference of opinion between the Sectors and any committees.

Like 0      
13 Nov 2007 3:25 PM by CaroleM Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

Hi

Even with all its problems, villas are continuing to sell on  Camposol  . I had a look at local esate agents today.

Carole

Like 0      
13 Nov 2007 4:03 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

We didn't have a habitation licence on our community for two years before you jump on More.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 11/13/2007.

Like 0      
13 Nov 2007 5:23 PM by macki62000 Star rating in Lanarkshire Scotland.... 15 posts Send private message

Love the poster lol - anyone got the Mayor's e mail address lol.
Mackie x

Like 0      
13 Nov 2007 6:23 PM by iaindevlin Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi all

Like Al White last November we went out to look at the Murcia area after previously looking in the Benidorm area. Stayed on Camposol solely because we could get a 1 bedroom villa cheaper there than anywhere else.

Agree with some of the comments that first impressions may be off putting however we looked around the whole area up as far as Torrevejeca and down to Almeria. Spent 2 weeks solid out with different firms and estate agents.

It was towards the end of the 1st week that we looked at some property on Camposol solely because we liked the Mazarron area and people we had met and spoke to were very friendly. We looked at new builds but nothing leapt out to say "buy me" towards the end of the 2nd week we were looking in the estate agents window and had a look at some resales we saw one we liked and after viewing we were both smitten, you all probably know what its like you like something your partner doesn't and vice versa.

After going home and having a think about it we went back in Feb this year and put an offer in for the property, although the deal to a good few months to complete mainly because my solicitor was a stickler for everything being correct (he was working for the bank as well) we finally completed in May.

Having been  out a good few times and having looked at Polaris World Alhama (one of our original thoughts prior to the building work starting) I am glad to say we feel we have made the right choice. We are on A sector within walking distance of all the amenities, everybody is so friendly and helpful and we have a nice detached bungalow with a large garden for not much more than an apartment at Polaris World.

Also looking at Polaris World the DVD presentations were brilliant the layout lookd good and spacious but looking at the biulds as the have been going up and the area we were considering you can see from the road everything looks crammed together, might be better when finished but there does not look to  be the same amount of space that was seen in the DVD.

Every where you go you will have problems with biulders whether in UK or Spain and also you will always have people who will think that he who shouts loudest will win the arguement, again this happens both in the UK and abroad my only is advice to those knocking is come and see.

Al I hope your sale goes through ok and I am sure you will enjoy your time on Camposol, we definitely are.

Regards

Iain

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Asturias, N332 Punta Prima, Costa Blanca - 4 posts
Adorable puppies urgently need a home please - 4 posts
El Ejército del Aire - Spanish Equivalent to Red Arrows - 8 posts
DOLORES - New to the forum. - 2 posts
El Pinet update on refunds! - 7 posts
Hacienda Casares - new to site - 5 posts
La Duquesa - 1 posts
Woody - 0 posts
Which Broadband - 3 posts
Phase Two will noty be ready by March - 1 posts
medical support - 2 posts
Looking for long term Rental URGENT!! from 08.08.07 - 9 posts
Algorfa - 82 posts
New features coming.... - 54 posts
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY - 12 posts
just signed up - 7 posts
Out of pocket expenses for President - 11 posts
Marie Castro.....Baby? - 29 posts
Looking to rent 1month and 2 weeks - 5 posts
Has Any One Been To The Capanes del Golf Site Recently - 4 posts
New PGOU Marbella - 6 posts
astronomy in Torrevieja - 0 posts
Easyjet problems - 11 posts
A question about IVA for an estate agent - 12 posts
Rental needed with adsl - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 104

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x