Mazarron anyone?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Nov 2007 7:13 PM by janjim Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi all,

Have been following this thread for some time and have decided to add my 'two penneth'. My wife and I completed on our purchase in Camposol in October '06. We were originally looking in the Los Alcazares area by the Mar Menor some four years ago and although we still like that area look at it now - slowly but surely becoming grossly overdeveloped. We also have friends with a holiday home in Polaris world - the resort in Torre Pacheco and we can assure every one that we KNOW that we made the right choice with Camposol. Like the vast majority, we have lovely neighbours who are permanent residents ( our 'villa' is, at present, a 'holiday home'). Our neighbours have all vastly improved their properties both practically and visually and invariably have used the services of registered builders, resident on Camposol. Yes, we are keeping it in the family which indeed is how we feel when we manage one of our all too infrequent trips to our'home in the sun. I could go on about the superb views, the friendly disposition of all, the Port, the sierra espunas, Lorca etc., etc., etc., the list is positively endless and quite frankly, if you did not like the area after a full inspection then you need to take another look at those area's that you thought you liked, For us, Camposol is our much loved second home.

Like 0      
14 Nov 2007 8:49 PM by shar Star rating in Campo in Albatera, C.... 36 posts Send private message

shar´s avatar
I have had many emails asking me for the solicitor we used in our case of delayed completion on Camposl so thought I would add it on here for anyone who has a similar case as we won and had all our money plus interest returned, it took over a year but we got there in the end..................Solicitor that we used as follows she may advise you if you have a case.

Fatima at
M.S.A ASESORES, S.L. 

Paseo Vistalegre, nº 6, Bajo 2 
03180 Torrevieja (ALICANTE) 
TLF: 96 571 76 15 
FAX: 96 571 77 61 
E-mail: fatima@msaasesores.com 
C.I.F: B-03705308 

Good luck

Like 0      
14 Nov 2007 11:12 PM by rogerm Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

I have visited the many Camposol websites and can see a great deal of support for the area, however, purchasers may be very happy with their Villa, their neighbours and their street. The issues mentioned on my posting 13th November are:

a. Real and mentioned by potential purchasers, the Villas are of prefab type contruction and tend to be high maintenance properties and do visually deteriorate if neglected even over a short period of time.

b. The infra structure is getting worse, it has deteriorated in the 2 years I have owned on the site and the and the previous 3 years that I have regularly visited the area whilst building took place, too many empty villas, too many on the market forcing resale prices below what owners have spent on their property, poor roads, poorly designed commercial centre etc etc

c. Many remain worried about the touristo classification issue, this has been rolling on for months and may go on for years but at the moment appears to be going in circles. Owners of the effected property appear to be being made aware of the issue in an adhoc manner so the same questions and reactions appear time and time again, lots of hot air but no progress

The groups that could help to bond owners into forming action groups to rsolve the issues seem to spend their time and efforts in-fighting with each other rather than achieving for the good of all concerned. In all yeas there are lots of little oasis but the bigger picture is not a pleasant one.

By all means post your supporting messages but it cannot stop there. There is no quick fix to every problem but there appears to be no fix at to any problem.

Like 0      
15 Nov 2007 10:46 AM by CaroleM Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

Rogerm

I don;t know what you mean about high maintenance, all we have to maintain is the paintwork every few years and as for the infrastructure...this is yet to be sorted, Many builders on Camposol (and there are a few) have huge lorries and bulldozers up and down the roads all day and every day, so obviously the roads are in a state.

Yes there is the turistico problem ,however I and many others are confident this will be dealt with

Why you feel the need to slag off Camposol, I do not know? It is, as you know, a huge urbanisation and it is not going to be completed until the builders are off site and that is going to be a few years yet

Let folk judge for themselves...

Like 0      
15 Nov 2007 7:22 PM by rogerm Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

This is not about knocking Camposol, its about realising what potential buyers and visitors are seeing and thinking in a competetive market, Its about trying to encourage those on the urbanisation to move on from complaining on the numerous camposol websites and to get them to unite and pressurize organisations that can carry out remedial actions, its about standing up for your urbanisation by taking action.

There has been an immediate response on this website as soon as the earlier negative comments were spotted but that will soon die away and nothing will be done to resolve the problems.

Its about trying to prevent the the area further deteriorating while all involved wait for Masa, the Town Council and others  to respond, in their own Spanish timescale, which to date has been notably slow.

There are many areas where the infrastructure is build first, this was not the case on Camposol. I support that there are pockets where it can be good to be on Camposol, but there is a lot to be done and not a lot happening.

Like 0      
07 Mar 2008 11:12 PM by lofty2007 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Looks like Grupo MASA are about to go for liquidation.  The evidence being all workers sacked,  Office closing and staff being laid off. contractors unpaid on Lorca and Camposol sites. I hope everybody who lives in a Masa property  has the deeds to their property if not go get it now regardless of any arguments you have. If MASA go under and you have no deeds to your house you lose it.  No deeds means regardless of any agreement you have with MASA the property can  be siezed and sold to pay Masa debts.  i had heard that crazy bunch calling themselves the CRA advised people not to sign for thier deeds because it mentioned the word Turistico.  I doubt anybody would take any notice of them but God help any poor soul that did.  watch the news after sundays general election,  the goverment will be making an announcement regarding a bank and some large property developers in trouble. 

Like 0      
08 Mar 2008 10:58 AM by Sinbad Star rating in I'm in London and Ma.... 5 posts Send private message

Lofty,

I have searched the Spanish financial press and could not find anything about MASA but the rumours I have heard in the Spanish financial press are about another company who are so upset about the SMS text messages claiming their impending bankruptcy is being paid by a political party to delay the announcement until after the election that they have called in a judge to investigate and are threatening legal action for damages and a drop in share prices as a result.  I might add that the unamed company deny they are going bankrupt and the text messages are just malicious rumours. 

MASA are still signing escrituras which I do not think they would be doing if bankruptcy was impending.

If on the other hand you do have hard evidence of Grupo masa's impending demise then please share it with us otherwise I will just have to draw the conclusion that you are just stirring up trouble.

Like 0      
08 Mar 2008 11:24 AM by macki62000 Star rating in Lanarkshire Scotland.... 15 posts Send private message

Sinbad - I'm with you on this one. For someone who has already stated in a previous posting that he or she does not live on Camposol I have to question the reasoning behind Lofty 2007's posting. Until such times as irrefutable evidence is produced about any company going into liquidation II would think it would be scaremongering at best to mention this on an open forum. I think this could be a case of someone hearing something and the story growing arms and legs.
Camposol is coming on now and with the opening of the new Hotel things are slowly moving forward. As previously stated any major development has its ups and downs and with the current financial climate that is only to be expected. Lets not add to the chinese whispers.
Buying on Camposol is the best move my husband and myself have made.
Macki

Like 0      
08 Mar 2008 1:45 PM by shorty2008 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi Lofty,

I see you have raised your head and used your scaremongering tactics again; I hear a lot of people would like to know who you really are so let’s if we can work it out?

1.    You hate the CRA – I wonder if they have upset you?
2.    You have used information from the Camposolers web page, so you must be a member of that site?
3.    You don’t associate yourself with Camposol; perhaps you think you live in los palacios?
4.    Some of your phrasing seems to have a Welsh lilt or could it be a very rich American?
5.    You appear to be behind the poor town council?

Well enough of that I’m bored.

By the way Camposol is a great place to live, take a look at the rest of Spain where ex pat are having far more problems.

Sinbad I'm with you.

Like 0      
08 Mar 2008 2:02 PM by jandsreynolds Star rating. 31 posts Send private message

We have a property on Camposol and have posted before that we are happy with our purchase, the people, the area and being in the country.

Supposition by someone who doesn't even live on Camposol is worthless.  I would suggest that no-one else responds to Lofty as keeping this thread going is obviously what he wants. 

Like 0      
11 Mar 2008 8:13 PM by Mutley Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

The biggest problem with Camposol is the bigots that have rammed their own biased views down every ones throat via the web sites. They have no interest in the undoubted quality of life that is available on Camposol and display the cameo image of brits in Spain "why don't they all speak English" for real. Their petty vendetors between the groups have caused more damage to the reputation of Camposol then the builders ever could. No, Camposol is not perfect but it is better than certain places to the North but these people are sitting on a branch whilst sawing at the tree end and we could be the ones that suffer.

Just read the sites again and work out if it is Camposol that has a problem or the blind self importance of the small handfull of individuals that contribute 90% of the issue stiring clap trap that passes political posturing on the MSN boards

Like 0      
11 Mar 2008 10:35 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Pardon my ignorance here shorty 2008,

Nothing to do with Campasol. but just wanted to know what a Welsh lilt was? I'm intrigued.

Sorry to thread drift people.

Like 0      
11 Mar 2008 10:49 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Lots of happy people  on Campasol and also ' a touch few problems' but there are other developments with problems also

But if you are buying now, then Polaris World just up the road is hard to beat!

From 119.800 € for a 2 bed 1 bath maisonette with solarium.... is worth a look  

Alhama will set the standards for the future....and you get your Habitacion Licence when you complete your purchase   

Like 0      
12 Mar 2008 4:54 PM by Mutley Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

It is alledged that the on going maintenance costs on Polaris are quite high does any one know for real?

Like 0      
12 Mar 2008 5:22 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

At Polaris World Condado de Alhama the service charge even covers keeping your garden tidy if you have a GF one

For a maisonette costing 119.800 € the service cost will be circa 1200 € pa so all the ownership cost are likley to be circa £1,000 pa

The show maisonettes look really nice and you do get lots of facilities at the Polaris World Resorts

I can get you a more exact figure for the established resorts if you want

Like 0      
12 Mar 2008 5:26 PM by Mutley Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

So I could be looking at €1600 pa including taxes?

Like 0      
12 Mar 2008 9:19 PM by rogerm Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

Am I correct in assuming that the service charges would :

1. be subject to IVA @16%,

2. excluded any utility bills i.e water and electricity.

3. be in addition to any council Taxes due on the property, if this is the case do you have any idea on the proposed council taxes for properties on the development ?

4. Rollandsbb makes a comment that ownership costs would be £1000pa, is this incluive of everything ??

Like 0      
12 Mar 2008 9:36 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

If you are interested go and have a look and everything will be explained in detail

the weekend trips are FREE [ except for holiday insurance] and just get in touch and I can arrang one for you  from near where you live.... anywhere in EU not just UK

Then you can decide yourself

Or if you are really serious and prefer to be a touch independant and see alternatives then we can arrange a longer more relaxed personal visit   

Like 0      
12 Mar 2008 9:42 PM by macki62000 Star rating in Lanarkshire Scotland.... 15 posts Send private message

Mutley - getting back to your point about Camposol. The VAST majority of people on Camposol are living a lovely life including those of us who at present are non resident.  It is true that we have strong opinions on the website forums for Camposol - but that is all they are.......opinions. How dull would life be if we did not have debate and opinion? Yes people do need to temper what is said on open forums but equally some good stuff comes out of debate. The problems arise when certain people or groups dominate the boards. What everyone has to appreciate is that the boards do not reflect the whole picture but merely the thoughts and debate of those who feel strongly enough to comment. Outsiders should visit Camposol and judge for themselves.
Its a lovely place to be.
Mackie

Like 0      
13 Mar 2008 8:40 AM by Mutley Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Macki - You are totally and absolutely correct, most posters on the Camposol boards seem basically happy and display a healthy variety of diverse views on many different subjects but the adverse reputation gained by Camposol due to the continuous efforts of just two or three individuals can not be denied. Those individuals are pursuing their own objectives, it may be power or just recognition as very important people but whatever it is it certainly is not based on the overall wellbeing of Camposol.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Asturias, N332 Punta Prima, Costa Blanca - 4 posts
Adorable puppies urgently need a home please - 4 posts
El Ejército del Aire - Spanish Equivalent to Red Arrows - 8 posts
DOLORES - New to the forum. - 2 posts
El Pinet update on refunds! - 7 posts
Hacienda Casares - new to site - 5 posts
La Duquesa - 1 posts
Woody - 0 posts
Which Broadband - 3 posts
Phase Two will noty be ready by March - 1 posts
medical support - 2 posts
Looking for long term Rental URGENT!! from 08.08.07 - 9 posts
Algorfa - 82 posts
New features coming.... - 54 posts
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY - 12 posts
just signed up - 7 posts
Out of pocket expenses for President - 11 posts
Marie Castro.....Baby? - 29 posts
Looking to rent 1month and 2 weeks - 5 posts
Has Any One Been To The Capanes del Golf Site Recently - 4 posts
New PGOU Marbella - 6 posts
astronomy in Torrevieja - 0 posts
Easyjet problems - 11 posts
A question about IVA for an estate agent - 12 posts
Rental needed with adsl - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 104

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x