New features coming....

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Jul 2007 12:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
We've just got a brand new super server for our websites this week.  The current server isn't doing a very good job any more of coping with all your demands!

So towards the end of the week (hopefully) we'll be shifting the site to the new server and at the same time introducing a couple of new features.

Firstly, with the new server you should notice an improvement in the speed of loading of the site.

Secondly, we plan to integrate into the forum an instant messaging service between members.  You would just click a "Chat to ...." link and you can IM eachother there and then.

Thirdly, we plan to integrate a chat facility where you can "chat" online with several other members.  There will be general rooms and also development specific rooms.

If all goes to plan these should be in place and working (ish) by next week.

Hope you'll like the new features!

Justin

P.S.  The new PM system will be available soon too.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
10 Jul 2007 10:31 AM by jfj Star rating in Vera, Almería. 142 posts Send private message

jfj´s avatar
Congrats on the new server Justin! (wouldn't you know I work in IT! ) and good look with the changes etc.

jfj

Like 0      
10 Jul 2007 11:09 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Wow Justin!

All the new changes sound fantastic!

Can't wait to see it all up and running, well done you EOS Team!!!

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
10 Jul 2007 11:19 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

BUT is there any possibility that we could have the facility to perform (say) one edit as I often post (& after checking what I've written) only to realise I hadn't said something I meant to or I've said something I then feel sounds odd & I want to rephrase it. In some forums we can edit twice BEFORE anyone else adds a post & it makes sense. I did ask before, remember.

Like 0      
10 Jul 2007 11:46 AM by noelandwilma Star rating in Loughborough/Porto F.... 86 posts Send private message

Hi Justin,

All these changes are brilliant, some laid back life you have - never stop working!

Would it be possible to have the links which are available on the home page also available on the forum main page. I'm thinking of things like members property for sale etc. and the blogs 'n' stuff. I may not be a typical member but I rarely move away from the forums so may be missing out on something (just a nosey parker who wants to know everything really)

Thanks,

Noel

Like 0      
11 Jul 2007 1:04 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Justin .. Great asset having last 20 threads available to view now, to compliment last 20 posts.

I've just sent a PM & noticed that's changed too but we still can't keep our mails & replies on EOS, can we ? Is that coming soon ? I'm getting so lost at times.

Good idea about members being able to report the spam we get sometimes too.

Also I searched for evanwatson as I needed to contact him by PM & search found nothing. Fortunately I recalled he posted in a particular thread so got to him from there. Seems he's not receiving my PM's sometimes.

Anyway good you're making great changes to help us all.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 7/11/2007.

Like 0      
11 Jul 2007 3:50 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
morerosado, the PM facility we are upgradinging in stages and will soon store your sent messages....

Search facility improvements on the way too.

Noel, a good point, we'll do that.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
13 Jul 2007 6:41 PM by davmunster Star rating in Carvajal\Belfast. 843 posts Send private message

davmunster´s avatar

Justin

When you go to "regsiter" for a particular forum it's not quite spelt like that - not complaining just thought you'd like to fix it.

Quick question where do the "studio\Adosado\apartmento\atico\parcela\moderator" etc descriptions under our user names on posts come from? I don't recall specifying this when I registered.

David

Like 0      
13 Jul 2007 7:18 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Basically you progress thorugh the different types of building depending on how many posts you do.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
14 Jul 2007 2:04 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Just realised we now can search for posts made by a certain member as well as for any posts containing a particular keyword.

Keyword Search:

Enter keyword or phrase to search for.  Note that this is an exact search so for multiple words it will look for that exact phrase in the forum.  For example, if you search for "building licences" then it will look for that exact phase and not "building" and "licences" separately.

Member Search:

List all posts by a member.  Enter member user name to search:

Excellent.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 7/14/2007.

Like 0      
14 Jul 2007 8:34 AM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

hi, just found this thread and read about the changes with the new server coming on line and they sound fab !

I was just saying to hubby last night that it would be really good if you could "chat" real time with folks as i forget to check email and people have messaged me and im sure they think im being rude by not answering.

Thanks for all the hard work and i look forward to the new features - and i promise not to write too much and bore the socks off everyone!

Auntie Em x

Like 0      
14 Jul 2007 8:38 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
We've just rolled out a new Private Message facility as the old one was pretty bad!

Private messages will now be stored and you can read previous messages and check messages which you've sent.

At the top right of the screen you will now be informed if you have any new private messages.  This is updated in real time.

To check your messages click the "My inbox" link at the top right.

Now, this system is going to need some refining.  We'll error bugs over the next couple of days and hopefully within a few days it will be working very well.

Please note that you will only see this in the members area.

Justin

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 7/14/2007.

Like 0      
14 Jul 2007 9:21 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Hi Justin

Well impressed with the new features, well done.

Maureen

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
14 Jul 2007 2:44 PM by hobby Star rating in Hertfordshire/Estepo.... 155 posts Send private message

hobby´s avatar

Hi Justin

Is the PM facility replacing the way it worked before when messages went to our e-mail address or will we get both, does that make sense?

cheers

Jackie

Like 0      
14 Jul 2007 3:49 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Jackie, we get email notification, as before, to say a PM has been posted & there's a link which you click on which takes you directly into EOS secure messages. Your PM will be there, there's an inbox & a sent box. When you reply to each other you get one after the other displayed, it's . Also what I like is that it's just like actually posting on the forum. You can change text, size, colour, post pics, graphics, everything you can do in actual posts on forum & you know me, I lurve graphics etc. Try it, mail me !

Like 0      
14 Jul 2007 4:27 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hey Justin,

That's just ................................... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat.

Like 0      
14 Jul 2007 4:59 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Gina,

it's  errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr................

Like 0      
14 Jul 2007 5:05 PM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

hey ... i dont know about great, but you two are making me feel hunnnggggyyyy!!!!

Like 0      
14 Jul 2007 5:06 PM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

oops i missed the rrrr's .... just steal some from down below!

Like 0      
14 Jul 2007 5:12 PM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

Can anyone tell me why my new PM thingy tell me that i have -2 unread messages????

thanks

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY - 12 posts
just signed up - 7 posts
Out of pocket expenses for President - 11 posts
Marie Castro.....Baby? - 29 posts
Looking to rent 1month and 2 weeks - 5 posts
Has Any One Been To The Capanes del Golf Site Recently - 4 posts
New PGOU Marbella - 6 posts
astronomy in Torrevieja - 0 posts
Easyjet problems - 11 posts
A question about IVA for an estate agent - 12 posts
Rental needed with adsl - 5 posts
Spa Valley - 3 posts
City of Murcia - 4 posts
Taking a fridge from UK to Spain - 9 posts
flights for sale Doncaster Alicante + visa versa - 1 posts
restaurants near almoradi - 24 posts
Janet - 1 posts
Last 20 General Forum Posts - 0 posts
Commercial/Shopping Centre planned for Algorfa - 0 posts
How does the pm system work? - 30 posts
Spanish property scandal petition - 1 posts
computer video link - 2 posts
Names of Retailers of Musical Instruments, Amplification, Speakers etc - 6 posts
Sally Morgan masquerading as Inez, I mean Rixxy, I mean Inez !?!?! - 71 posts
Pasta Cafe - Nueva Andalucia - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 55

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x