The Bargain Property Experiment

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Feb 2008 11:00 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Many agents wont reveal the property because in the main they are offering that property via another one or even 2 agents! The chains are getting longer with one person having the property, another having the buyer and any number of people in the middle!

Obviously this makes the price higher with everyone wanting a slice of the pie or worse still adding on more money to cover commissions.

It also means the agent the buyer is in contact with does not have the direct authority to sell form the buyer and so if you go direct you may well bump into the owner, or neighbour or friend and do the agent out of the deal, so veiws on both sides

Unfortunately these behind the back purchases do go on and I know I would be rather upset if it happened to me after all the hard work put into marketing etc. There is no way to get recourse from the seller once he has sold and gone back to the uk or wherever, so unless they are resident in Spain and traceable, then the only way to collect ones fee is to sue the new owner - not really worth the aggravation.

Of course, there is the school of thought if the commissions are reasonable in the first place, the seller would not look to cut ones agent out of the deal.........!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
12 Feb 2008 12:03 PM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Thanks for the compliment Smiley, there's more to the "old dog" than meets the eye eh..................

Mike T

Like 0      
12 Feb 2008 12:16 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Yes Mike, Smiley's compliment had a nice ring about it.  

Like 0      
12 Feb 2008 12:57 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Yes there are bargains avaliable if you know where to look.

The trouble is some people are staying away and dont realise that there are many sellers out there prepared to make a loss.

A prime example is the property we sold on friday.

3 bed 2 bath detached villa,3 years old corner plot,200m2 build,furnished,aircon etc...etc... sold for 160,000€

this property is becoming more and more prominent and we can actually move them really quickly.

Another example,sea view apartment purchased for 100,000€ 4 years ago for sale at under that today!!!

Before anyone goes on about this being advertising its the only way to give a true answer by stating realities.

This post is based on facts and figures not only my opinion.

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
12 Feb 2008 1:21 PM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Georgia, I don't see your comments as commercial you're just stating the reality of the market!

Just a couple of weeks ago a Villa came on the market  next to where we live In the Marbesa/Carib Playa district of Las Chapas on the CDS. It wasn't a particularly Big or Pretty property but was in the right "location location" It was priced at €440,000 and needed updating as it was being sold by an elderly couple wanting to retire back to Sweden. It was sold in just 2 days and we couldn't even make an appointment to view it!!

By the way Georgia, could you find me a couple of Villas on the CDS at €160,000 please?

This message was last edited by miket on 2/12/2008.

Mike T

Like 0      
12 Feb 2008 1:34 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Miket,

Sorry,my talents do not stretch that far!!!!

We could turn this in to a game of "guess the price"

I have a huge villa for sale(575m2 build) 3000m2 plot,7 bedrooms,5 ensuite bathrooms,double garage,walled plot,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

A pack of magic straws to the person who gets the closest.................

Like 0      
12 Feb 2008 2:50 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
If its got an entertainment license then it could be worth a bit...........................

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
12 Feb 2008 2:59 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Rixxy,

That was exactly my thoughts when i first viewed it.......................

Dirty minds think alike!!!!

Like 0      
12 Feb 2008 3:10 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Er Georgia, you haven't any Magic Straws to give away.....

Like 0      
12 Feb 2008 3:14 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

i know more,

thats where you come in..............

Like 0      
12 Feb 2008 3:18 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
My guess would be 300€ per bedroom per hour - unless you want change of linen and then it increases to 325€ per hour.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
12 Feb 2008 3:19 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
If you think I'm trawling around to get these just for you to give away you know what you can do ?  They're £1.75 for 10, bloody Nora. How many am I to buy ?

Like 0      
12 Feb 2008 3:21 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
what does that work out for 10 minutes.......................

Like 0      
12 Feb 2008 3:22 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
A packet for each room at 10 punters a night - 10 to a pack - he will need 7 packs a night - for the foreseeable future

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
12 Feb 2008 3:28 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi More- i wouldn't dare give them away,the kids would hunt me down like a wild animal.....

We are talking about Magic straws smiley!!!!!!

You wouldnt get much joy trying to get flavoured milk through the things you are talking about!!!!

( does this website have an 18+ warning on it Justin?)

Like 0      
12 Feb 2008 3:36 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

And how do you know a rental room rate then Smiley?????

Magic straws eh? Are they synthesised mushrooms???????????????

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
12 Feb 2008 3:44 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

you are right Rixxy,

Me thinks the old croc kmows a little too much about entertainment economics!!!!

I knew it would take  bit of smut to lure him out again....

Rixxy-better than mushrooms,they can stop a charging child dead in their tracks at 100 yards!!!

Like 0      
12 Feb 2008 3:52 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

just in case you had set your heart on a visit smiley.......

Like 0      
12 Feb 2008 3:53 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
No neon signs then? Hows he gonna find the way???

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
12 Feb 2008 3:58 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

he beat you to it, he just asked if i could pm him a map!!!!!!!

Sounded keen!!!!

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Edwina - 4 posts
Tower cranes - 9 posts
Is this idea realistic? - 3 posts
Bank Guarantee. - 4 posts
Consider this before buying in Spain - 28 posts
Aifos running out of money - 0 posts
Help - 1 posts
Furniture packages: Value for money?? - 28 posts
STILL AWAITING HABITATION LICENCE - 3 posts
DUMP FOR OFF TOPIC COMMENTS - 16 posts
MORE ARRESTS IN MARBELLA - 5 posts
Atlas international - 21 posts
help!! confused!! - 16 posts
any opinions on Formentera del Segura ? - 94 posts
Removals costs - 14 posts
Great Places to Walk Dogs - 2 posts
When will we have our garage? - 5 posts
Albondon - 7 posts
Albondon - 0 posts
Mosquito Eaters - 20 posts
Lake vinuela - 8 posts
telephone and boardband - 4 posts
Help with route/car - 17 posts
The Smiley & Rixxy (& friends) outlet, go for it .. in here guys. - 54 posts
Tell me the truth. - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 156

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x