Tell me the truth.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Apr 2007 12:00 AM by openwallet Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I would like to move to Spain in two years time when I hope to retire, can someone tell me what is the best and worst  things about living in Spain in retirement. Mac.McCabe.

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 9:52 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

My goodness, where would you like us to begin?! Whole books have been written and TV shows made about this. Everybody has different experiences and will tell you different things anyway. Perhaps you could be a bit more specific about what you really want to know. Or else, just jump in to any of the many other on-going discussions here on EOS. You'll find information on just about everything you need to know (and a lot more besides!) and the regular contributors are a very friendly bunch, so welcome aboard and enjoy!

Personally I would answer your question as follows: the best things would be the climate, the relaxed and healthy lifestyle, and the lower cost of living; the worst things would be, in later years in particular, coping with illness in a foreign country if you do not speak the language, and missing the support network of close family and friends. Also the stress involved in trying to get anything done in a foreign country where efficiency and speed are not part of the national curriculum.

I would recommend gathering as much info as possible about the property buying process (if that is your plan), and also look into your healthcare options thoroughly. The good thing is, you have a couple of years to plan everything to perfection before making the big move!

Very best of luck to you.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 10:49 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Best thing about living in Spain is the sunshine and cheap living.

Worst thing about living in Spain is if you can't afford to do it, so stay in the uk!

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 10:56 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Efficiency and speed not part of the national curriculum - surely you cant be talking about Spain: But we are a modern European country with one of the fastest growing economies in the world - progress has arrived - Rob I really cannot believe you said that!!!!!!!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 11:10 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
I think maybe Mac "openwallet" MacCabe has already figured out the best way to get things done in our modern, progressive, growing economy. It's in the handle. And the question we are supposed to be answering here is in the thread title.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 11:19 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Never a truer word Amigo - dinero certainly talks

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Urban Leonardo Da Vinci La Zenia Phase 2 - 0 posts
Air Conditioning - 0 posts
Antequera - 1 posts
Nature Caravaca de la Cruz - 0 posts
Mark Bond - 0 posts
NEED A NIGHT OUT SOOOON! - 48 posts
Koi in Spain - 20 posts
early repayment of mortgage - 16 posts
Self Cert Mortgages - 35 posts
Marbella Rugby Championship - proud mum posting! - 29 posts
anyone seen my kids? abducted and taken to porta banus - 5 posts
Parking - 2 posts
My driving license has hit a brick wall! - 28 posts
BEWARE!!! EXCESS BAGGAGE - 32 posts
candymar los pacos fuengirola - 0 posts
Completion Works On New Developments - 7 posts
purchased in 2001 and still not finished - 4 posts
Mast for Broadband and Landline phones. - 5 posts
Offset Mortgages - 3 posts
FRAUDULENT MORTGAGE BROKER NICKED AT NOTARY - 8 posts
Anyone buying on Royal Dreams Site in Albudeite? - 8 posts
understanding spanish written word - 5 posts
EMERGENCY GAS ENGINEERS - 11 posts
Joinery work in Spain - 6 posts
Sold Again!!! - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x