telephone and boardband

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Apr 2007 12:00 AM by phonehome Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Is there any on out there that is living on the the Villas de Palmeral site near la Marina,

if so please could you inform me if there are up and running telephone and internet services other than telefoncia as i have lived in spain long enough to now that they are useless and too expensive on a mouthly basis,

Like 0      
16 Apr 2007 11:31 AM by phonehome Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

ok them is there anyone that knows any thing about Villas de Palmeral at all is there anyone living there yet if so i would like to chat to you.

Like 0      
16 Apr 2007 12:37 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Phonehome (had a strong urge to address you as ET, but thought better of it!)

You could try searching for the development on the "Development Forum" here on EOS

If it's not there, create a new thread and hopefully there will be peeps popping up to chat with you.

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
16 Apr 2007 11:35 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

There is another message board titled Utilities in Spain where you may find some useful snippets about ADSL etc. I posted this yesterday in a thread there.

My neighbour used to use Wanadoo for his ADSL, but got fed up with constant interuptions in service so switched to Jazztel a couple of years ago. He has never had any problems with them. He has just upgraded with them to 20Mbps ADSL plus free local and national calls and some free time to national mobiles. Apparently Jazztel have an arrangement with Telefonica whereby they "buy" the line, and then if you contract their services, you only pay them i.e. no line rental or anything else to Telefonica. He told me the total monthly cost is about €30. I've checked their website which is only in Spanish and a little confusing, and I think there is also a line rental (to Jazztel) of about €13 a month on top of this, but I would want to ring their customer services to clarify this. I don't know if they have English speaking staff. 

If this is true, it seems a damned good deal. May be worth checking out.

Here's the link to your development forum: http://www.eyeonspain.com/ViewDevNo.aspx?dev=V113 Go chat!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
24 Apr 2007 2:22 PM by jdricho Star rating in Costa del Sol, Torro.... 3 posts Send private message

TELEFONICAINENGLISH - WHY? If your Spanish is not good, you might think that you need help when making an application for a telephone line. You might come across ‘Telefonicainenglish’, but I suggest that you think carefully. According to ‘Telefonica’, the Spanish telephone company, ‘Telefonicainenglish’ is in no way connected to them. Whatever money you pay to ‘Telefonicainenglish’, and its not insubstantial, stays with them, and in no way goes towards the cost of your telephone installation. You will find that the most interesting aspects about ‘Telefonicainenglish’ is what they do not help you with, rather than what they actually do. The company that will be installing your telephone line is ‘Telefonica’, they have english speaking operators who are actually helpful, and who can/will help you with any problems you may encounter, they also do answer their phone. You can spend days getting through to the customer services of ‘Telefonicainenglish’, although they are much quicker answering their sales number. If you want a telephone line, just ring 1004 (Telefonica), for free, and ask for an english speaking customer service representative. It will save you a lot of money, it will be just as quick (which may not be very quick by UK standards), and it’s easy. I ask the question, “why would any english speaking person need the services of ‘Telefonicainenglish’?” John Richardson Torrox Costa

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Help with route/car - 17 posts
The Smiley & Rixxy (& friends) outlet, go for it .. in here guys. - 54 posts
Tell me the truth. - 5 posts
Urban Leonardo Da Vinci La Zenia Phase 2 - 0 posts
Air Conditioning - 0 posts
Antequera - 1 posts
Nature Caravaca de la Cruz - 0 posts
Mark Bond - 0 posts
NEED A NIGHT OUT SOOOON! - 48 posts
Koi in Spain - 20 posts
early repayment of mortgage - 16 posts
Self Cert Mortgages - 35 posts
Marbella Rugby Championship - proud mum posting! - 29 posts
anyone seen my kids? abducted and taken to porta banus - 5 posts
Parking - 2 posts
My driving license has hit a brick wall! - 28 posts
BEWARE!!! EXCESS BAGGAGE - 32 posts
candymar los pacos fuengirola - 0 posts
Completion Works On New Developments - 7 posts
purchased in 2001 and still not finished - 4 posts
Mast for Broadband and Landline phones. - 5 posts
Offset Mortgages - 3 posts
FRAUDULENT MORTGAGE BROKER NICKED AT NOTARY - 8 posts
Anyone buying on Royal Dreams Site in Albudeite? - 8 posts
understanding spanish written word - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x