any opinions on Formentera del Segura ?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Apr 2007 12:00 AM by tugay Star rating in san miguel de salina.... 16 posts Send private message

Has anyone out there got any opinions (good or bad) on Formentera del Segura?

Are there bars and restaurants nearby? are the beaches as easily  accessable as the agents say they are?

all opinions appreciated

Tugay

Like 0      
17 Apr 2007 12:05 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/18/2007.

Like 0      
19 Apr 2007 10:25 AM by gillreg Star rating in Tynemouth/Almoradi C.... 17 posts Send private message

gillreg´s avatar

Hi Tugay

We have an apartment in Almoradi which is not far from Formentera and often drive through there on our way to Rojales or Benijofar or even down to Torrevieja(this is the scenic route rather than the AP7!!) It is a smallish place but there does appear to be small bars and restaurants there and it's only a 10 minute drive to the beach at Guardamar, you will need a car though to get about though!

Like 0      
01 May 2007 10:44 PM by *kate* Star rating in Wolverhampton UK/For.... 10 posts Send private message

Hi,

we have just completed on an appartment in formentera del segura, we haven't had time to stroll around the town much yet, but we love it, the village is a traditional spanish village with a beautiful square there are some bars and restaurants in the town and some close by in benijofar apparently you can walk through the orange and lemon groves to them!  you would need a car if you are buying a property but it is only a short drive to guardamar hope this helps

kate & simon

Like 0      
01 May 2007 11:08 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi, we completed last year on the Letizia complex.  We stayed this year for 11weeks and loved it, its a lovely community and we met so many people maybe because we have a ground floor apartment everyone walks past with their little dogs and chats. We met a lot of the Spanish people that are really friendly and have taken us into their places.  I have had Spanish guys cycling along and stopping to give us oranges.  We have not driven yet over their but I must get my head round doing it next time we go. We did a lot of walking into all the villages, we even met some people that had actually walked  into Guardamar.  We went to a party in the square and everything was free all day long drink and food.   We love it their, it is so friendly like going back in time.     Hope this helps you Pat.

Like 0      
01 May 2007 11:42 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
02 May 2007 10:02 PM by ellemum Star rating in Bolton Lancs / Costa.... 122 posts Send private message

Hi Janice,

Like you, I found Pat's post heartwarming.  I hope our little developement at La Matanza, is going to be very much the same.  When we have been out there, we have found that most of the properties are lived in full time, by couples and families of a few nationalities.  And they tell us they love it!  The village is quaint, very small, a feels like time has stood still for a few decades.

What I was surprised at Janice, is that this is the first time I have read one of your posts that was not of your normal "sparkle".  Do you understand what I mean?  Now, girl - what's up?  Your place in Guardamar, from pics you have on EOS is absolutely wonderful and no doubt you are the life and soul of the whole place!!  As for being lonely, not you.  You have us on EOS, who always read you, even though we do not always reply. 

Come on kid.....................big laugh now

Like 0      
02 May 2007 10:51 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
02 May 2007 10:58 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Janice, Will send you a pm about dates.  But come on look on the bright side of life look at what you have got. When I see the moderate means of some of the Spanish and yet they seem so happy.  I do not know if that is general, but they seem so friendly in the village.  Even the lady opposite  on the farm always waved to us in the morning hanging her washing out. When we met her walking to Rojales   she came over and gave me a big hug, then she got on her bike with her shopping.  You would think they might resent us with all the building going on, but most of the Spanish seem very friendly it is the older generation that do not like the change  which is understandable. But the younger ones are making sure their children are learning English.  Well Elle hope you will be happy  in your village as we are.  Regards Pat 

Like 0      
02 May 2007 11:14 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
02 May 2007 11:26 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Janice  how do you do that big hug that is great I have a grandaughter inOz I would love to send that, I will be getting told of getting of the thread.  You are doing a great job do not take it all to heart.  You cannot take everyones problems on. Keep a distance Take care Pat

Like 0      
02 May 2007 11:51 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
08 May 2007 10:15 AM by milli Star rating in Cheshire/ Formentera.... 65 posts Send private message

We've bought in Formentera de Segura.
Took my aunt in March to see apartment, she wants to go back + is booking day trip to Benidorm next time!
My friend is planning on going back to relax there when she finishes her chemotherapy.
An other friend wants to go back to finish clearing local shops of cava
It's a lovely little place, Bar Candy is a great place to eat  + have a glass of wine.

Like 0      
19 Jul 2007 1:37 PM by sbm Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi to everyone

My wife Sally and I bought an 2nd floor Letizia IV apartment last year, with a view to retirement in a few years time.

We both love the property, the village and the surrounding area.

Such nice people - both in the other apartments and in the village.

So much to see and do (a car is essential) - but such a beautiful area.

Would like to hear from other occupants in the block.

Steve

Like 0      
19 Jul 2007 1:44 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Steve & Sally

If you click on this link & register for your development forum you could well find other members discussing it.

http://www.eyeonspain.com/ViewDevNo.aspx?dev=R182

We've purchased in the Guardamar area, also.

Like 0      
19 Jul 2007 2:01 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Hi Steve & Sally

We bought in Formentera in March this year - Mar Y Sol. We love it. The village is very Spanish although there are a couple of really good Tapas bars there. The town square is lovely, particularly in the summer as they have an outside bar set up. Not a lot of shops, although there are a few small shops and a couple of banks

Rojales is also a nice little town where the useful shops are - supermarket, indoor fresh food market, chemists, gift shops, hardware shop, etc. etc.

Where have you bought in Formentera?

Irene & Alan

Like 0      
19 Jul 2007 3:39 PM by *kate* Star rating in Wolverhampton UK/For.... 10 posts Send private message

Hi Steve & Sally,

We have bought a penthouse apartment at Letizia VI  and were over at easter putting the furniture in etc, we love it too and are going over to it on 19th August.  Apparentely there is a fiesta in Formentera the last week in August so we are really looking forward to that!  Hello also to Irene & Alan glad to hear that there is some good tapas bars in Formentera as we love tapas what are they called? and where are they as we are still familiarising ourselves with the place at the moment.  Any other info would be greatly appreciated.

Kate & Simon

Like 0      
26 Jul 2008 10:42 AM by *kate* Star rating in Wolverhampton UK/For.... 10 posts Send private message

Hi,

I will be in Formentera Del Segura at the end of August for the fiesta as i was last year but I missed some of the festivities because I didn't have any itinery for it!!  could anyone give me any information of where to obtain some?  The parts of the fiesta I saw was fab!! well worth seeing!  any info greatly apreciated.

Like 0      
26 Jul 2008 12:08 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Kate, we have an apartment in Letizia but on the ground floor overlooking the farm.     We both love it their everyone is so friendly and it is a lovely village.     We have never been there for the fiesta in August, but I have seen programmes in the town hall and I believe the bar in the square itself keeps them as well.  Do you have a keyholder ? they might be able to pick one up for you.       Well look forward to meeting you at some point not sure when that will be at the moment.    Keep in touch        Pat

Like 0      
26 Jul 2008 12:46 PM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Hi Kate,
We have an apartment near pat and roy,we also see them
quite often when they are here in Formentera.
I have been in to the town hall quite a few times asking
for the august fiesta programme.I was told they will be in
early august. If you want I will get you a programme
when I get mine .Then before you come over we could
arrange to meet up in the village and I will give you the
programm. Also I could post some info to you via a
P.M. when I have the programm. Will leave it up to decide.

coolyes

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Removals costs - 14 posts
Great Places to Walk Dogs - 2 posts
When will we have our garage? - 5 posts
Albondon - 7 posts
Albondon - 0 posts
Mosquito Eaters - 20 posts
Lake vinuela - 8 posts
telephone and boardband - 4 posts
Help with route/car - 17 posts
The Smiley & Rixxy (& friends) outlet, go for it .. in here guys. - 54 posts
Tell me the truth. - 5 posts
Urban Leonardo Da Vinci La Zenia Phase 2 - 0 posts
Air Conditioning - 0 posts
Antequera - 1 posts
Nature Caravaca de la Cruz - 0 posts
Mark Bond - 0 posts
NEED A NIGHT OUT SOOOON! - 48 posts
Koi in Spain - 20 posts
early repayment of mortgage - 16 posts
Self Cert Mortgages - 35 posts
Marbella Rugby Championship - proud mum posting! - 29 posts
anyone seen my kids? abducted and taken to porta banus - 5 posts
Parking - 2 posts
My driving license has hit a brick wall! - 28 posts
BEWARE!!! EXCESS BAGGAGE - 32 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 95

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x