Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Feb 2010 12:00 AM by pi Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

Hi

so whats everyones favourites?

PI

Like 0      
09 Feb 2010 12:45 PM by SimoneIcough Star rating in Monda. 43 posts Send private message

SimoneIcough´s avatar

Hi Pi,

My favorite tapas bar has to be the one in Fuengirola, cant remember the name of it! Its in the Myamar area of Fuengie. They do the best tapas there, little burgers with quails eggs and a great marie- rosa sauce with a kick to it...yum :) I will have to go and visit it soon as my mouth is watering! And to find out the name of it!

Like 0      
09 Feb 2010 1:34 PM by fultond Star rating in Haywards Heath & Tor.... 242 posts Send private message

Simon, the name and directions would be appreciated when you have been again.

Like 0      
09 Feb 2010 2:28 PM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

Pinchitos

What you see is what you get 

Like 0      
10 Feb 2010 9:24 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Lo de Andres in Sabinillas is one of my favourites.

Also, "Ruta de la Plata" in Estepona is very good.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
10 Feb 2010 12:52 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

06 Mar 2010 11:20 PM by rruger Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

A very good tapas restaurant is La Venentia in Marbella. Very good quality. Very Spanish. Hard to pak your car, but worth the effort! 

Like 0      
09 Jul 2010 10:52 AM by b4ssy Star rating. 24 posts Send private message

I agree with La Venezia. It is in the road with the horse and carriages down towards the sea on the left hand side. There are large barrels outside used as tables.

Also, there is a large underground car park down the first turning on the left, before you get to the restaurant.

Try the patatas bravas, unique, and best I've ever had

Like 0      
09 Jul 2010 11:13 AM by fultond Star rating in Haywards Heath & Tor.... 242 posts Send private message

Was over last month and also had tapas at the restaurant with the barrels as tables, I presume it was the same one. Had a great selection of cold tapas inside in a fridge. Choose your own dishes at 1€ per portion. Great value and very tasty

Like 0      
09 Jul 2010 12:39 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I too have had the patatas bravas there and to be honest I was thinking about them this morning, thinking we haven't been there for a while.

I think a trip there this weekend is in order.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
12 Jul 2010 6:03 PM by otivar2010 Star rating in Otivar (Granada Prov.... 65 posts Send private message

otivar2010´s avatar

The best tapas are often the FREE ones. In our area (Almunecar, Costa Granada/Tropical), you get free tapas with every drink bought (we even get a piece of cake or tortilla with coffee). In Almunecar the tapas are always good, with all varities in the town, and mainly seafood near the beach - paella, fried boquerones, mussels, calamari etc etc. I've attached a pic of some whole cooked small crabs we got recently. I wasn't sure how to eat them at first, but they were delicious (at least the ones I managed to eat before the missus ate the lot.

Like 0      
12 Jul 2010 6:08 PM by otivar2010 Star rating in Otivar (Granada Prov.... 65 posts Send private message

12 Jul 2010 6:09 PM by otivar2010 Star rating in Otivar (Granada Prov.... 65 posts Send private message

otivar2010´s avatar

Sorry guys, I tried to upload a picture, but must have made an error. Can anyone give me any clues as to the right method

Thanks

Like 0      
12 Jul 2010 8:51 PM by promedia Star rating in Cheshire/Riviera del.... 134 posts Send private message

My favorite tapas bar has to be the one in Fuengirola, cant remember the name of it! Its in the Myamar area of Fuengie. They do the best tapas there, little burgers with quails eggs and a great marie- rosa sauce with a kick to it...yum :) I will have to go and visit it soon as my mouth is watering! And to find out the name of it!

think you are talking about TIPI TAPAS - come off the N340 at the Myramar exit and turn away from the shopping centre down by the side of the suzuki garage to the main road and turn left - tipi tapas is on the right 50 yards up, alternativly go past the old police station on the left going into fungirola and at the statue of "the Body" turn left and tipi tapas is 200 yds on the right hand side.

We went 2 nights ago, parking in the area can be a nightmare when the bullring is holding an event and people were queuing outside to get in as we left at 10.30 having consumed a large beer, 2 jugs of the best sangria we have tasted and about 15 tapas portions total bill for 4 people 60 euro's.

We have been long supporters of the Lizzarans Tapas chains that can be found in the Miramar and la canada shopping centres where you choose what you want and pay for the number of cocktail sticks on your plate. great food and atmosphere.

if you are in Fungirola and want to sample real tapas then Tipi Tapas is a number one choice. 

Ian Cook - Golf Gardens Miraflores - The best place to live on the Costa del Sol

"A day without sunshine is like.................night"

Like 0      
08 Apr 2011 11:54 AM by sneezey Star rating. 64 posts Send private message

sneezey´s avatar

There's a really great tapas bar in Elviria in the commercial centre on the right coming from Fuengirola. The tapas are great with loads of choice and it's not expensive

Like 0      
08 Apr 2011 1:43 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

Tomaquet in Fuengirola by the Myramar has to be the best and its cheap! I go often and we normally spend about €10 per person and are absolutely stuffed!

Highly recomended!

Address is c/ Palangreros, s/n, 29640 Fuengirola (Málaga)

Joan

Like 0      
08 Apr 2011 4:25 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 470 posts Send private message

Guys if I can be so bold as to recommend a fine Indian the JAIPUR in Cabopino visited for the first time in 10 years of coming to the SOL.

Lovely meal very tasty hot and good service and the chilli garlic cheese nan WOW best indian ever. 

Also La Plaza in Riviera very very nice but pay on average 60 euros with wine for two at both these places but well worth it.

And Da Bruno still excellent too .

400 euros blown on food in 5 days are well you cant take it with you.

Rod

ps Joan had a look at Thai China and its closed loads of dusty furniture inside 

This message was last edited by rod on 08/04/2011.

Like 0      
08 Apr 2011 4:28 PM by mattresscleaning Star rating in FUENGIROLA. 106 posts Send private message

El Castillo, in Estepona (just off the central square) is absolutley amazing.

the owner (Paco) lives upstairs and his wife is continually making fresh dishes throughout the day. And he speaks English too but will always try and help you with your spanish (always a bonus considering how many brits don´t even try)

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Paying money into Spanish Bank Account - 50 posts
Cheapest way to play golf in The Costa del sol - 0 posts
Piano Teaching in Spain - 0 posts
WALK FROM mOUNTAIN pARK - 1 posts
Wow it is quiet!! - 12 posts
Hi All - moving to Alicante or Malaga areas - 5 posts
Speed cameras on Spanish roads - 12 posts
Understanding spanish bank statement - 2 posts
Wanted "old Snotter" - 0 posts
CD Collection for Sale. All originals, Good condition - 0 posts
FILM BOOK COLLECTION FOR SALE - 0 posts
Black-Brits and Others support network - 0 posts
Restaurant Expansion Launch Party Invite to all EOS subscribers!!!! - 2 posts
Electric Oven & Hob - La Tercia - 2 posts
Catral - 4 posts
Glass curtains - 0 posts
Other than Telefonica which is best company to use for telephone and internet - 13 posts
New feature for the community forums - Upload and share documents - 1 posts
7500kg truck for sale or swap 4x4. - 1 posts
Murcia - UK - Murcia Van. - 0 posts
Problems with Telefonica internet today - 31 posts
Entidad ByeLaws - 1 posts
Iberdrola price rise - 7 posts
Problems with developers - 19 posts
Hola the forum - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 18

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x