Iberdrola price rise

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Feb 2010 12:00 AM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

Has anyone else noticed that Iberdrola have increased their prices by 2.6% on 1at January. Does this happen every year? Kevin

Like 0      
04 Feb 2010 6:53 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Kevin - they say that the increase was imposed by the government - don't know if that's true or not!

I phoned them and they gave me two choices - either to fix the tarrif for a year or to go onto an off-peak tarrif.  Thanks to Auntie Linda and the Laird's advice, I chose the off-peak which gives you a huge reduction for 10pm to 1pm (I think it is 46% but don't have the papers on hand at the moment) and the afternoon and evenings rate is an increase of 16%.  This suits my routine and they came out and installed two seperate meters within about a week.

Like 0      
04 Feb 2010 7:15 PM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

Hi Claire,

How does the off peak tarrif work? Does it mean that you have no electricity outside those times ie  normal lights, cooking, etc?

Thanks

Like 0      
04 Feb 2010 7:24 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Forhotsot - no, there is no interruption to the supply, just different prices for off and on peak. 

I take my shower in the mornings and make sure that I run the dishwasher and washing machine before 1pm so I get the cheap rate then.  I'm usually out in the afternoons when it is expensive so I hope it works out much cheaper for me.

At the moment the heating is on at peak times but hopefully the weather will improve soon!

Like 0      
04 Feb 2010 8:01 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

Yes, the price of electricity is set by the government,as is the price of the 13/14kg. butane cylinders. The reason that the electricity is going up constantly is that for many years the gov. has been setting a price that didn't cover the generating / purchasing costs. This is why the 3 main electricity suppliers have a combined deficit of 16 billion euros.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
05 Feb 2010 11:09 AM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

The off peak tariff sounds interesting. We could probably move a lot of usage to the off peak time. The main item we would be left with is the hob and oven. 

Does the standing charge change?

Thanks 

Kevin

Like 0      
05 Feb 2010 11:16 AM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Kevin - they didn't mention any change to the standing charge, but then I didn't ask!! 

Aunty Linda and the Laird have been using the tarrif for a while and they said their bills had reduced dramatically.  For me, it is too early to say as I only changed over a couple of weeks ago.  There is an english language service on Iberdrola and they were very helpful so you could always phone and ask for the details.

Like 0      
05 Feb 2010 11:29 AM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

I've just looked at their site

/www.iberdrola.es/webibd/corporativa/iberdrola?IDPAG=ENWEBCLIHOGELEDISCON

and there seems to be a standing charge of around 20 Euros per k/wh contracted per year. So if I was to contract for 5 k/wh would my standing charge be in the order of 5x20 peak +5 x20 off peak giving a total standing charge in excess of 200 Euros +IVA?

If so I don't think I would make a saving as we only use the property around 10 to 12 weeks a year.  

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Problems with developers - 19 posts
Hola the forum - 0 posts
TELITEC INTERNET - 1 posts
2004 Ford Galaxy For Sale - 1 posts
Disturbing video! - 7 posts
NIE certificate - 4 posts
General Elections In Spain - 2 posts
Contacts - 0 posts
Valencia Formula 1 testing underway - 0 posts
letsinthesun - 2 posts
Business Network Group opening new Group on Thursday 4th Feb, Nueva Andalucia - 0 posts
Flights to Reus - 2 posts
TV recommendations - 2 posts
caja murcia mortgage rates - 2 posts
Property Completed. Hab Cert granted BUT still waiting. - 30 posts
All sound? - 3 posts
Utility areas - 0 posts
Hard to understand. - 4 posts
Disconnection of water supply by the Builder - 2 posts
Shower showrooms Fuengirolla - 1 posts
HD Freeview Box - 2 posts
New (currently free) rental site, they even fill out the details for you!! - 6 posts
polarisworld developers website is down - 0 posts
bedding shops - 2 posts
Spanish Bank Charges - 21 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x