Disconnection of water supply by the Builder

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Feb 2010 12:00 AM by spot14 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I live on an urbanisation in San Fulgencio on the Costa Blanca and I am facing disconnection of water supply.   This is a builders' supply.  I have been requested to pay €1000 in respect of both water and electricity charges.

I am told that this disconnection is not legal because I have not been issued with a Certificate of Habitation, thus the builder should supply both electricity and water free of charge until the Habitation Certificate has been issued. 

Does anyone know whether, indeed, this is correct?  I am on mains electricity with Iberdrola.  This permanent supply was connected without a Habitation Certificate approximately 2 years ago.  Apparently Iberdrola do not insist on the issue of a Habitation Certificate and they will connect without.  This is true in my part of the world!  I am taking steps at the moment to denounce the builder should he carry his threat to disconnect my water supply.  Can anyone advise, please, on this. 

I have tried to seek legal advice on this, but it seems to be a "murky" area and nothing positive is forthcoming.

I would welcome any comments, please.

Dennis Peacock

Like 0      
01 Feb 2010 3:33 PM by Fly380 Star rating in Las Filipinas, Orihu.... 253 posts Send private message

I would guess that the water company is turning you off as the builder probably hasn't paid the bill. It is the law that the builder must pay  utility bills until you have the Certificate of Habitation but no one takes any notice. This is Spain. We are on builder's supply for both water and electric but had to pay a large debt off and we now pay bills. I think I'd pay up for such a relatively small amount as the consequences would be to be without water. good luck.

Like 0      
01 Feb 2010 4:06 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

You have got action for contract cancellation if there is no FOL in place. I can only see this as an effective measure.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Shower showrooms Fuengirolla - 1 posts
HD Freeview Box - 2 posts
New (currently free) rental site, they even fill out the details for you!! - 6 posts
polarisworld developers website is down - 0 posts
bedding shops - 2 posts
Spanish Bank Charges - 21 posts
Road tax in Spain - 4 posts
Bed Shops in Bendirom - 0 posts
Pedreguer - Car boot sale - 0 posts
i want to sell nearly new clothes how? - 5 posts
Hola - 4 posts
Renting in Spain - 7 posts
buying a car in murcia - 3 posts
Satellite dish wanted - 2 posts
Setting up Business in Spain - 4 posts
Recent Article in the "Leader" newspaper - 0 posts
Remortgage ? - 2 posts
Boats - 0 posts
good background info about spain? - 0 posts
The Humble Cucumber - 9 posts
Vacancies - 0 posts
debtors within the community - 4 posts
Serious Debt!!!!!!!!!! - 3 posts
Problem with an owner of a ren - 2 posts
Hab cert - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x