RAFFLES

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Jan 2010 12:00 AM by solostar Star rating in North Wales / Almora.... 101 posts Send private message

Is it legal in Spain to sell your property via a raffle ? We are getting desperate and it is just a thought.

Like 0      
12 Jan 2010 8:27 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I remember a story recently of someone trying that, and coming unstuck because they didn't have the necessary gaming licence.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
12 Jan 2010 10:49 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

..........and another where they didn't sell enough tickets and had to return all the ticket money. They were well out of pocket after the cost of licence, solicitor, printing and distributing tickets, paying commission to the agents and repatriating the money.

Like 0      
13 Jan 2010 12:09 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

There are laws in place.  There is a case of an agent in Madrid who got a lot of publicity about his raffle and sold huge amount of tickets, only to later find that he was breaking the law and had to return all the money.

You would need to run it past a lawyer really.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
13 Jan 2010 11:24 AM by gill556 Star rating in orihuela. 69 posts Send private message

our friends in uk are doing it, , I think they have covered everything legally but to overcome gaming laws they have had a photo of the family taken outside their house throwing the keys in the air. The photo is then put on a grid and you have to enter the competition to spot the keys (like spot the ball) and answer 3 easy questions, the answers can be found on internet. They have also included a large donation to charity out of the ticket money, Chris Tarrant is one of the people involved, hope this helps,  Their house is worth over 3,000,000 pounds,  Gill

Like 0      
13 Jan 2010 11:46 AM by solostar Star rating in North Wales / Almora.... 101 posts Send private message

Thanks for your replies, I think it,s a no-no then, falling foul of the law in U.K. is one thing , but  don,t think I will meddle with Spanish laws! I will have to think about a drastic reduction in price.

Like 0      
13 Jan 2010 2:03 PM by John Wolfendale Star rating in Granada. 53 posts Send private message

I saw a recent item in the news recently about a couple who are selling their shop in Almuñeca this way. My understanding is that they are Spanish. Let me see if I can find out a bit more.

Like 0      
13 Jan 2010 2:08 PM by John Wolfendale Star rating in Granada. 53 posts Send private message

Here is the item, it was on an email newsletter from an estate agent. I include the Spanish which might be useful for searchning for more information on the search engines.

The owner of a beach front supermarket in Almunecar, Granada province, intends to put the property in a raffle because she can't sell it. The propety has been for sale for some months without any sensible offers being made, so it will be raffled in July, with 6,000 tickets at 100 euros each on offer.
Supermercado Rifa 

El propietario de un supermercado de primera línea de playa en Almuñécar, provincia de Granada, tiene la intención de poner la propiedad en una rifa, porque no puede vender. El Propety ha estado a la venta de algunos meses sin sensato ofertas realizadas, por lo que será sorteado en julio, con 6.000 billetes de 100 euros cada uno ofrece.

Like 0      
14 Jan 2010 8:04 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

The real problem is with taxes involved as if the house is bought at  100 €,  Notary public deeds will have to show the legality of the transaction through a gaming company with full licenses and taxes paid.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Outsider as President? - 7 posts
Short Movie needs help - 1 posts
Morrisons in Gibraltar looking for staff - 8 posts
Motorbiking in Andalucia - 1 posts
Aldea - 1 posts
Removals & Transport Murcia Region. - 0 posts
New business in Estepona - 8 posts
Franchise Sales - Advice please - 0 posts
SKY card : viewing soon to stop! - 1 posts
Paguera far from santa ponsa?? - 1 posts
help me.... - 5 posts
It's -2 here in the UK - How are you getting on in Spain? - 9 posts
Hola a todos - 2 posts
Full Marks to Ryanair - 8 posts
Just a reminder! - 1 posts
For Sale Citroen Zsara Picasso 2.0 Diesel HD Exclusive Spanish - 5 posts
Any van drivers going from UK to Costa Blanca? - 5 posts
Happy Birthday Justin (Monday) - 9 posts
Wanted - Headboards and small bedside cabs for 1 king size and 2 single beds - 3 posts
free to a good home!!! - 0 posts
long term renal wanted polaris world - 3 posts
Car cleaning product retailers? - 1 posts
Community Fee Payment - 14 posts
Driving back to UK - 3 posts
LA COMPANETA. - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x