help me....

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Jan 2010 12:00 AM by rach123 Star rating. 21 posts Send private message

I am determind to speak spanish, i done it in school, and also last year went on a 6 week course! I am now 24, i am finding it quite difficult. i think it may be because  i am learning alone. I also have been to spain a few times, i know how to prder food in my head ,but feel embarassed asking in spanish inca se i do it wrong. Anyone elce have this problem?? 

Like 0      
11 Jan 2010 4:45 PM by curt Star rating. 37 posts Send private message

Hi

Have you tried to download "Streetwise Spanish" from the Eye on Spain website? It's quite good and cheap.

If you want to spend some money on it there are two very course you can buy 

www.rosettastone.com and www.michelthomas.com

The best way though is to enrol somewhere where you can be assessed and get classes with people your own level, try this site www.londres.cervantes.es it is he london site of the Spanish language institute and they'll be able to help you find some place locally

Like 0      
11 Jan 2010 6:05 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Hi

Please do not be embarrassed or scared about trying out your Spanish. Spanish people are very forgiving and most will correct you very kindly.

Only last week I told my husband's cardiac consultant that  He (my OH) was on drugs ie cocaine etc rather than on medications. We had a good laugh about it though. Didn't stop him telling us we needed to go on a diet though!

Jean

Like 0      
11 Jan 2010 6:44 PM by Febe Star rating in Flix, on river Ebro,.... 240 posts Send private message

Hi,

The only way you'll get better is by using what spanish you know.

Concentrate on one verb at a time (btw.I do catalan, but any language other than english is a challange!)

I would sugest verbs like: To Have, To Want and To Need to start with. To Be, ie. I am, you are etc. is another very usfull one.

Out of interest what verbs do other people think are good ones to start with?

Just have fun with it, always be prepared to laugh at your self. The spanish people are great.

Take care, Febe

No matter where you go, there you are.

Like 0      
11 Jan 2010 8:26 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

By far the best way to practice and improve is to immerse yourself and not worry about making a fool of yourself. Word of warning though; on your other thread, you mention maybe moving to Mallorca. Although (Castillano) Spanish is spoken and understood by all the locals, you may well come up against a stubborn denial, as they insist on speaking Mallorquin, which is a dialect of Catalan. Furthermore, you mentioned Paguera, where unless you speak German you may feel left out! Is that why you wanted to know how far it is to Santa Ponsa? (where the most common language is Irish accented English!)

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
11 Jan 2010 8:59 PM by gericom99 Star rating in Offaly, Ireland / Ca.... 270 posts Send private message

gericom99´s avatar

There are excellent free 20 minute lessons available on the CoffeeBreakSpanish website:

http://radiolingua.com/shows/spanish/coffee-break-spanish/

You can download them on to your computer or iPod.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

It's -2 here in the UK - How are you getting on in Spain? - 9 posts
Hola a todos - 2 posts
Full Marks to Ryanair - 8 posts
Just a reminder! - 1 posts
For Sale Citroen Zsara Picasso 2.0 Diesel HD Exclusive Spanish - 5 posts
Any van drivers going from UK to Costa Blanca? - 5 posts
Happy Birthday Justin (Monday) - 9 posts
Wanted - Headboards and small bedside cabs for 1 king size and 2 single beds - 3 posts
free to a good home!!! - 0 posts
long term renal wanted polaris world - 3 posts
Car cleaning product retailers? - 1 posts
Community Fee Payment - 14 posts
Driving back to UK - 3 posts
LA COMPANETA. - 0 posts
Skype phones - 10 posts
van to uk empty/sorry now full - 0 posts
empty van going to uk-make me an offer - 1 posts
Mains Isolator - 2 posts
Transit van back to Britain - 3 posts
Changing Electricity Suppliers - 1 posts
Summer Car Hire Rates - 25 posts
Trying to sell my home in London! Help! - 5 posts
Good News Property on the up! - 34 posts
Holiday autos car hire.. worth a look - 0 posts
Thanks! - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x