opi rentals

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Jan 2010 12:00 AM by cally Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

i have a house near campello which is rented out by opi rentals,

we can not get in touch with them for the past 4 mths he is collecting rent from the tenants but is not paying into my bank.

i have been in touch with the head office and the office just say he will contact them but still noting,

i phone the office in campello and all you speak to is the office staff and all she says is please leave a meesage which we do

but still no one gets in touch,is there any one who could give me advice on this matter ,

opi rentals  campello are run by a english family ,

we are owe 4mths rent plus

Like 0      
01 Jan 2010 9:37 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar

Have you got an abogado out there who can send them a letter? As you have had no success the phone calls, maybe a solicitor's  letter will tell them that you mean business and  may shake them .  If you have time, a personal appearance on your part would put them on the spot.!!   Was there anything in the contract that you signed to say that the money would be paid into your account monthly?  I know that it is assumed that it will be.  They take enough in management and rental fees, so they ought to be prompt payers. 

However,  I think that the problem is that each office seems to be a separate franchaise, and a law unto itself!  Looking at their franchaise material it seems to say that you can buy a franchaise from OPI without having had any previous qualifications etc. 

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
02 Jan 2010 11:24 AM by dean in york Star rating in york uk . 8 posts Send private message

Cally

I have no idea about the law (or lack of it when it comes to consumer rights) in Spain but, if this is a property owned by yourself then what is there to stop you signing a new contract with the tenants and having the money paid direct into your own account?

You seem to have given this mamnagement company more than enough oppotunity to do the right thing, or at least a letter to them telling them odf your intentions if you do not receive full payment within say 7 days.

Good luck

Like 0      
22 Sep 2011 7:03 PM by dennis123 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Joanne and Mike Oats are basically rip off merchants known very well  in Busot. They are still there, now bodging up peoples houses. I lived there for a while and they are not very popular people. If you want to find them, just visit Busot...anyone will point you in the right direction.

This message was last edited by dennis123 on 22/09/2011.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

How do I find out about membership of the legal action group for corvera - 1 posts
First trip of the Year - 0 posts
Happy New Year!........again - 4 posts
Get your car booked for Easter and Summer now! - 0 posts
Paid Vacation Rental Sites versus Free Sites Versus My Own Site... My Experience... - 2 posts
president proxy votes - 5 posts
Happy New Year - 8 posts
Beautiful Spain - 5 posts
Price comparison site for Spain - 6 posts
Illegal Extension - How do I object? - 3 posts
Casa Antonia Torremolinos webcam still stuck on Rain !!! - 1 posts
Self Certified mortgages - 5 posts
Happy New Year to the EOS team and some questions to consider - 1 posts
Spotify and Enya - 13 posts
NIE application & Modelo 790 Codigo 012 - 10 posts
need parts for jeep cherokee - 1 posts
Malaga Airport - 4 posts
SKY REMOTE CONTROL SETUP - 2 posts
Banks to create social housing - 12 posts
planeparking.es.....(at Murcia Airport)...Anyone use them ? - 6 posts
Broadband - 8 posts
Jerez Formula 1 testing in February - 49 posts
Electricity - 2 posts
furniture donation - 4 posts
VAT exemption - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x