NIE application & Modelo 790 Codigo 012

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Dec 2009 12:00 AM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Does anyone know if the Modeol 790 for NIE applications is available online.

I have searched but cannot find it.

I did find on the guardia civil site a modelo 790 codigo 012 form but that one is for other types of licences/permits.

It's strange because practically all other forms are available online except this one and this form is no different to other multi-part forms.

Getting this form available on line would be a real time saver because in most police stations this form is not on the counter and they make you queue to get the form and then you have to queue again when you get bank from the bank. Also they do not like giving out spare forms - depends on the mood they're in!

Now this could be just to make things a bit more diffiicult for the foreigner!!!

Like 0      
29 Dec 2009 9:21 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Hi;

I don't recognise the form number you refer to as being applicable to NIE applications.

Could this be the form you actually need?

This is certainly the form we used successfully...

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
30 Dec 2009 10:19 AM by solwayiceman Star rating in Scotland. 50 posts Send private message

Hi same here dont recognise the number so it must be the one you use to show that you have payed the Bank the monies as it is carbonised and you cant download it. You have to go and pick it up. The easyest way is just go in and pick up all the forms at one go you are just going to have to do it. theres no rush you are in Spain now Chill out. 

Like 0      
30 Dec 2009 10:38 AM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Hi Foxbat

The form you have attached is the EX-14 which is used to apply for the actual NIE.

About 18 months ago the Guardia Civil started charging for NIE numbers initially at approx EUR6 per application and currently it stands at EUR16.01 and I think it will increase again on 1st Jan 2010.

You have to collect this form first then nip around the corner to a bank (and queue!) and pay the official fee and then return to the police station to queue again and present the completed EX-14 in duplicate with copy passport plus bank stamped copy confirming official fee has been paid.

My idea is if we could find this form online it would make getting an NIE easier for those who wish to take on the task themselves - ie the modelo 790 could be completed and paid on say the previous day ..............

Like 0      
30 Dec 2009 10:43 AM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Hi Solwayiceman

Many of the tax forms collected from tax offices or guargia civil are carbonised because it is understood you will complete by hand but the same form are still available on line and then of course it does not need to be carbonised because page 2, 3 etc are completed automatically.

Like 0      
30 Dec 2009 2:14 PM by solwayiceman Star rating in Scotland. 50 posts Send private message

Hi All just did one last week so am sorry you need the one from police station as its carbonised and you need the bank to stamp all the copys if you dont do this you are going to come unstuck and waste time as they will send you away again. I watched as someone who gets paid to do it was turned away for not using the correct forms as the one on the internet has the wrong lines to fill in, there are some bits missing. It has also been supersided by a new one.

Remember you need NIE form plus the carbonised one dont take my word for it but if they send you away what can I say.

Good luck   Solwayiceman

Like 0      
30 Dec 2009 5:30 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Hi Solwayiceman

At the moment it seems to be the only version available is the carbonised version available from the Police Station.

But many other forms are available in both formats (ie carbonised & online) and it make no difference to how you pay or present etc. The bank take one copy and stamp and return the other parts etc.

Look at the autonomo forms such as modelo 130 & 303 which used only be available carbonised. In the past 12 to 24 months we have seen more forms be available online so I believe it's only a matter of time before this one also goes online. I believe the Spanish are starting to emabrace technology but not efficiency since the funcionarios don't want to lose their meaningless jobs!

In the meantime I will try to discuss at a higher level because it may be the form is available but not published.

Like 0      
30 Dec 2009 6:49 PM by solwayiceman Star rating in Scotland. 50 posts Send private message

Hi Solwayiceman here I think that is the problem you cant get it on the internet same as residence you need the carbonised form and am sorry but its only from police station. Just to make things worse you have to go in person to get the forms as they are now taking a note of your Passport this has all just changed this year. Last year was easer than now.I had to go 3weeks in a row to get the NIE nos it was different last year. Try changing your UK driving lisence over that changes weekly.

All the best

Solwayiceman

Like 0      
04 Jan 2010 2:56 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Revised fee for NIE from 1st Jan 2010 is EUR16.17

Like 0      
05 Jan 2010 7:36 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
05 Jan 2010 9:11 AM by solwayiceman Star rating in Scotland. 50 posts Send private message

Hi Mariadecastro  ok thats only one form dont know where you are but here in Alicante you need the other form thats not on the web site. Sorry but i did one last week and am right just trying to help, here you wont get any further without the carboised form needed for the bank and copy for the Police and you.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

need parts for jeep cherokee - 1 posts
Malaga Airport - 4 posts
SKY REMOTE CONTROL SETUP - 2 posts
Banks to create social housing - 12 posts
planeparking.es.....(at Murcia Airport)...Anyone use them ? - 6 posts
Broadband - 8 posts
Jerez Formula 1 testing in February - 49 posts
Electricity - 2 posts
furniture donation - 4 posts
VAT exemption - 5 posts
Spain - UK - Spain end January. - 2 posts
Maria´s Christmas post - 2 posts
Merry Christmas - 6 posts
ECONORENT CAR HIRE ****FUEL RIP OFF BEWARE******* - 48 posts
Catholic Church Alcaidesa Area - 1 posts
Earthquake on Costa Del Sol last night? - 1 posts
Advice on Valencia please - 0 posts
Longing for the webcam to be fixed - 5 posts
Where to buy goods - 21 posts
MADRID TAPAS TOUR - 0 posts
Switzerland to Malaga - 0 posts
Goodbye to all......with a sad heart - 140 posts
mortgage approval - 6 posts
Temporary Car Swap - 0 posts
Web Camera - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x