Beautiful Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Dec 2009 12:00 AM by Jimbothescot Star rating in Urcal,Huercal Overa,.... 41 posts Send private message

I drive thousands of kilometres every year in Spain and although I love where I live in Almeria,I admit that it is not the most scenic part of Spain.

Which parts of Spain have you been in that you think has outstanding beauty.

For me,I always love coming along the A92 around Guadix especially in Autumn when the trees are turning colour and there may be some early snow on the mountains.

Another favourite is around Trujillo in Extremadura and the journey up the A66 from Caceres to Salamanca.

In Northern Spain the trip from Santander to Burgos is quite stunning.

Any other suggestions.

Jimbo

Like 0      
30 Dec 2009 10:34 PM by KP Star rating. 229 posts Send private message

I think one of the most beautiful areas in Spain is the Los Velez area which encompases Velez Rubio, Velez Blanco, Maria and Chirivel which encompases a Natural Park, see the link below for some pics.

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=v%C3%A9lez+rubio#page=8

Velez Rubio has been pretty much left alone due to the fact the local people and the mayor are very keen to keep things as they have always been which suits us fine. There are no large new boxy developments but mainly detached quality properties out of the town together with a beautifully restored town which dates back prior to 1500.

The scenery and walking are second to none together with lots of other outdoor activities. Take a look - we love it.

Like 0      
31 Dec 2009 11:07 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

What a great idea for a thread.

I found El Chorro really impressive.  Beautiful area, a must see.

El Chorro

The village of Grazalema (Maria de Castro territory) is also a beautiful village and the whole area of the Sierra de Grazalema is stunning:

Grazalema

Just two of my favoutires.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
01 Jan 2010 3:56 PM by KP Star rating. 229 posts Send private message

Forgot to mention earlier that Los Velez area is on the A92 as well, a great road with so much to see.

Like 0      
01 Jan 2010 4:18 PM by Jimbothescot Star rating in Urcal,Huercal Overa,.... 41 posts Send private message

Well done Justin,I never thought of posting picturesof favourite areas,that gorge is very similar to the Storm river in South Africa.

KP,  I`m only about 30 mins from Velez Rubio,amazing how we tend to forget about the beauty around us locally.The mountains rise so quickly from behind the town and is it "The Molar" the mountain with the vertical face?

Jimbo

Like 0      
01 Jan 2010 5:29 PM by KP Star rating. 229 posts Send private message

Hi Jimbothescot, I agree I had a holiday in Extramadura 09 going to Cordoba, Medina, Caseres and Trujillo to name but a few of the beautiful places in that neck of the woods but nothing beats it for me as the area we are both in.

The mountain which leads to Maria area is called 'Mahimon'  the other mountain on the right is called 'Muella'. There is a fantastic circular walk around Mahimon of 22 klms ending up in Blanco village , the walk past Muela is fantastic leading onto La Parroquia village but you would need to car at the other end unless you cycle as this is about 20 klms.

Most weekends we just set off with an ordinance survey map and go exploring, bliss.

This message was last edited by KP on 01/01/2010.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Price comparison site for Spain - 6 posts
Illegal Extension - How do I object? - 3 posts
Casa Antonia Torremolinos webcam still stuck on Rain !!! - 1 posts
Self Certified mortgages - 5 posts
Happy New Year to the EOS team and some questions to consider - 1 posts
Spotify and Enya - 13 posts
NIE application & Modelo 790 Codigo 012 - 10 posts
need parts for jeep cherokee - 1 posts
Malaga Airport - 4 posts
SKY REMOTE CONTROL SETUP - 2 posts
Banks to create social housing - 12 posts
planeparking.es.....(at Murcia Airport)...Anyone use them ? - 6 posts
Broadband - 8 posts
Jerez Formula 1 testing in February - 49 posts
Electricity - 2 posts
furniture donation - 4 posts
VAT exemption - 5 posts
Spain - UK - Spain end January. - 2 posts
Maria´s Christmas post - 2 posts
Merry Christmas - 6 posts
ECONORENT CAR HIRE ****FUEL RIP OFF BEWARE******* - 48 posts
Catholic Church Alcaidesa Area - 1 posts
Earthquake on Costa Del Sol last night? - 1 posts
Advice on Valencia please - 0 posts
Longing for the webcam to be fixed - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x