Price comparison site for Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Dec 2009 12:00 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

No cute meerkats or annoying opera singers, and despite the name, only in Spanish, but fairly self-explanatory -

www.mybestoption.es

Compares telephone, adsl, electricity, mobiles, insurance etc.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
30 Dec 2009 9:38 PM by 1962 Star rating in Iznalloz. 181 posts Send private message

Hi Roberto hope you can help, I have decided to end my telephone and adsl contract with Telefonica, because I think they are a total rip off, however I have heard that it is difficult to stop them taking payment from  bank account do you know the correct way to do this so I wont be out of pocket. Thankyou, Kathy

Kathy

Like 0      
31 Dec 2009 12:47 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I honestly don't know, but maybe the company you are changing to can help? If you aren't changing to another (just cancelling) your best bet is probably to instruct your bank to refuse any payment requests from Telefónica.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
31 Dec 2009 11:09 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Yeah, just get your bank to block any requests from Telefonica.  They will do it for you.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
31 Dec 2009 11:13 AM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi - just a word of caution about cancelling Direct Debits.  Many companies will continue to take the money on a cancelled Direct Debit and I am told you only have 15 days to spot this on your bank account and demand they put the money back.  I don't know why the banks allow this but they do.

When I cancelled my Securitas contract I made sure I had the cancellation of the direct debit in writing from the bank and sure enough Securitas took the next month's money from my account regardless!  I got the money returned to my account as soon as I asked the bank to do this.   The moral is to keep checking your bank statements!

Happy New Year to everyone!

Like 0      
31 Dec 2009 7:36 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

The problem seems to be, you can cancel a direct debit and even get the bank to confirm it in writing - but incredibly, insurance companies and the like can apparently just start a new one by sending a payment request to your bank - no need for you to authorise it! I still can't believe this, but it happens. So, you need to make sure your bank understands that ALL future requests for payment by the company are refused. They have the technology (yes, they have a natty little invention called a computer which can do amazing things, if asked to) they just seem unable or unwilling to use it unless pushed. I have a permanent block on my account against Telefónica - I know, I've seen it on the computer thingy with my own eyes!

But take Claire's advice and keep checking your statements anyway! Belts & braces.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
03 Jan 2010 3:14 PM by 1962 Star rating in Iznalloz. 181 posts Send private message

Thank you Roberto and everyone for your informative answers I am going armed with this info to my bank so hopefully may have success. Happy New Year to all. Kathy

Kathy

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Illegal Extension - How do I object? - 3 posts
Casa Antonia Torremolinos webcam still stuck on Rain !!! - 1 posts
Self Certified mortgages - 5 posts
Happy New Year to the EOS team and some questions to consider - 1 posts
Spotify and Enya - 13 posts
NIE application & Modelo 790 Codigo 012 - 10 posts
need parts for jeep cherokee - 1 posts
Malaga Airport - 4 posts
SKY REMOTE CONTROL SETUP - 2 posts
Banks to create social housing - 12 posts
planeparking.es.....(at Murcia Airport)...Anyone use them ? - 6 posts
Broadband - 8 posts
Jerez Formula 1 testing in February - 49 posts
Electricity - 2 posts
furniture donation - 4 posts
VAT exemption - 5 posts
Spain - UK - Spain end January. - 2 posts
Maria´s Christmas post - 2 posts
Merry Christmas - 6 posts
ECONORENT CAR HIRE ****FUEL RIP OFF BEWARE******* - 48 posts
Catholic Church Alcaidesa Area - 1 posts
Earthquake on Costa Del Sol last night? - 1 posts
Advice on Valencia please - 0 posts
Longing for the webcam to be fixed - 5 posts
Where to buy goods - 21 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x