Rip-Off Short-Sighted Costa Blanca News

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Dec 2009 12:00 AM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

Free entry in the Social Scene and Updates sections of the Costa Blanca News are now available only to non-profit making organisations (charities!) The only way for professional entertainers to get a mention is to pay for it.

I do notice though that some are getting free publicity though they are very profitable concerns. Clearly your face fits or it doesn’t.

The CBN doesn’t seem to realise that 1)  Entertainers are finding it particularly tough and are non-profit making: you try living on what these poor buggers earn.  2)  The charities are doing very well thank you. A glance through the local newspapers reveals that Costa Blanca’s entertainment is focused almost entirely on fund-raising charity events. Why is everything free to them? It creates a far from level playing field. No wonder we can’t attract tourists – or keep professional entertainers. 3) The Costa Blanca being what it is lives - or dies on entertainment / leisure activities.

Anyway, here is yet another reason (and opportunity) for an enterprising forum to step in and fill the gap whilst providing a desperately needed public service. Imagine the ‘clicks’ if everyone starts logging on to a forum see who is on and where?

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      
08 Dec 2009 4:46 PM by coolrunner Star rating in la marina. 91 posts Send private message

coolrunner´s avatar

if the charities here are like the ones in the uk their are normaly bosses on big bucks,and a section on this site for whats on would be a great idea

Like 0      
08 Dec 2009 5:40 PM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

A poster in another forum was also cynical about charities. Perhaps it was uncharitable of me to reply as I did?

You said it ... I thought it. No doubt many are 100% genuine but being worldly-wise I know that easy un-regulated opportunity to make money will always attract those who will abuse it. They don't pay for their shops, nor pay rates. Usually the staff come free. And, as we can see they get free advertising in the newspapers at the expense of the business and entertainment community, who are in effect subsidising them.

There will also be the temptation - and there's no greater temptation than free money being handed to you - to take advantage of a situation. I used to support a very large Oxfam store. They couldn't cope with the amount of fantastic stuff coming in; furniture, paintings, ornaments, table lamps, which were then sold, the proceeds 'going to the charity.' (?) House clearances; the lot. There was no accountability, no stock taking; no till checks.Unless the staff were absolute saints ................................?

I read once that the wealth of Greenpeace was actually bigger than Ireland's. We know that charity connected greetings cards are abusers too; very little of each card's price going to a good cause. These URGENT appeals for charitable causes in the Third World. As you say; how much of it actually gets to hard-pressed recipients and how much is swallowed up in 'administration'? Check out the wages the top staff are on, not to mention their perks. A licence to print money but let us be charitable; they are all saints ? ! ? ! ? !

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

An Entertainment / What's On Thread? - 0 posts
calais to nerja. - 2 posts
Disability Aids Rental - 0 posts
Christmas In Spain? - 18 posts
Security gates, window grills ramps, anything metal. - 0 posts
Buying a car in UK on Spanish plates then driving over to Spain - 3 posts
New member - 3 posts
Car Hire for New Year - 1 posts
cuality service - 0 posts
Community TV issues & installers - BE AWARE - 0 posts
Earn 10€ a Lead - 3 posts
Iberdrola / New power limiters / law - 27 posts
Monarch flights to Murcia from Manchester - 10 posts
brown v cameron - 3 posts
Local Photographer Benalmadena - 0 posts
christmas ,spain or uk - 6 posts
Sofa Bed - 0 posts
Christmas Day Lunch Recommendations please! - 4 posts
is my polaris world contract legal - 1 posts
Puente de la Inmaculada - 3 posts
removals to and from spain in a transit van - 0 posts
transit van going to england early january - 0 posts
Queen Mary - 0 posts
Debtors without a Budget - 20 posts
Lookout! Lookout! I'm back from the UK - 14 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x