Will verses Company

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Nov 2009 12:00 AM by raff Star rating in Belfast. 143 posts Send private message

I was advised by my Spanish solicitor, when I completing on my apartment last year, to seriously consider drawing up a Spanish will. Now I understand that such a will can make the whole process much more straight foward in the event of death and to that end was planing to proceed with same when over again in 2010. However I have been reading with some interest in the argument to from a company so as to save 40/50% on Spanish inheritance tax . The facts seem to indicate that the husband or wife is not excempt from the tax,  its those who inherit who are taxed and indeed bank accounts can be frozen.

This subject may have been raised before on EOS , but if if so what is the latest thinking on the issue. I'm positive like all situations in life there is neither a right or wrong and each option will have its up and down side, but on balance what is the best course of action.  I would certainly prefer to hear from those with experience of such matters as opposed to those with vested interestes. Also how will both effect the final sale of the property years down the line. 

Thanks 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hire car prices 2010 - 15 posts
Motorbike for sale - 0 posts
Latest satellite Free to air channel updates - 1 posts
Return of deposit with out of date bank guarantee - 26 posts
Mini One Convertible June 2007 For Sale 14500€ ono - 0 posts
Online banking - 4 posts
Capital Gains Tax on Selling Property (Resident) - 3 posts
Hola! - 1 posts
Translator in Calpe, Alicante - 0 posts
estepona tax office - 2 posts
president roll - 12 posts
proposed rental prices? - 0 posts
recovery of debts from Spanish developers - 5 posts
Long Term Rental 3 bed mar menor golf resort 2 - 1 posts
The Costa Blanca News (Northern Bias) - 0 posts
Radio Stations (Costa Blanca) - 9 posts
Baby Boys clothes - 0 posts
Compulsory Holiday Home Purchase??? - 4 posts
Advise on moving to Spain are moving to England - 3 posts
moving furniture to Murcia - 0 posts
Google Street View - 13 posts
Permission to change Rustic land to residential land - 4 posts
Yet Another Endesa Thread....! - 4 posts
purchase of new 3 bedroom appt - 5 posts
polar airr - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x