Vodafone Mobile Internet Dongle

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Nov 2009 12:00 AM by musicdonna Star rating in Near Huercal-Overa, .... 250 posts Send private message

If you are thinking of getting one of these, we'd love to share our (less than impressive!) experience with you before you commit to an eighteen-month contract.  Please PM me.  Donna 

Donna

www.learntodo.co.uk (site for artists of all levels!)

Like 0      
01 Nov 2009 9:29 PM by myra cecilia Star rating in Manilva Malaga. 213 posts Send private message

This message was last edited by myra cecilia on 01/11/2009.

Myra Cecilia. www.costaadvicebureau.com

Like 0      
02 Nov 2009 9:18 AM by TP1 Star rating in Milton Keynes and Ca.... 161 posts Send private message

Why PM?

If you have issues with Vodaphone Internet dongle please share your experiences as I, like many others i guess, have been considering this option to get the internet on my infrequent visits.  And would therefore be grateful for info either positive or negative.

Thank you in anticipation.

Like 0      
02 Nov 2009 11:45 AM by chesarina Star rating in U K & Costa del Sol.. 33 posts Send private message

Hi

We were thrilled with our dongle to use for keeping in touch for business and email  ~ However if it is not accessed fairly frequently the connection is "closed"  Too much trouble to sort out refund in Spain with people who dont understand this newish system so had to re register and make sure we now use it occasionally in England  between visits.

regards

Ches

Like 0      
02 Nov 2009 2:13 PM by musicdonna Star rating in Near Huercal-Overa, .... 250 posts Send private message

We signed up for a Vodafone mobile dongle last September when we moved to the Costa Blanca.  Our new urbanisation had and has no landline, and my husband's business is all on-line, so a fast Internet connection is vital.  We signed an eighteen month contract with Vodafone, agreeing their premium service at around 45 euros a month inc. IVA.  Although fast for the first three months, it gradually got slower and slower , and less and less reliable until in desperation we decided to break off our contract and sign up with Telitec who had by now (September) erected a mast in nearby Albatera, and was offering broadband.

We found it almost impossible to get hold of anyone at VF who spoke English, and none of its publicity has any instruction on how to terminate a contract .  Eventually, after getting quite angry, and being told to go here and there by different people, the person who sold us the dongle telephoned VF and told us that our contract had been cancelled.  This was not, in fact, the case, and after a 40 minute 'phone call  a week later we were eventually given the correct fax no. to contact them with our details.  This we did and were duly disconnected last Wednesday.   We are still waiting to see if we are to be charged an early redemption penalty for a distinctly sub-standard service, but at least we have a faster, consistent (and cheaper!) service with Telitec, who I cannot recommend too highly.

There will doubtless be many people whose experiences will be much more positive than ours, but I suggest you shop and ask around before committing yourself.

This message was last edited by musicdonna on 02/11/2009.

Donna

www.learntodo.co.uk (site for artists of all levels!)

Like 0      
05 Nov 2009 11:50 AM by Marbella29649 Star rating in Mijas Costa, Costa d.... 58 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Advertising **

Like 0      
08 Nov 2009 1:35 PM by besj Star rating in Sweden. 5 posts Send private message

Before signing up for a contract try the service with pay-as-you go. I have a Vodafone SIM card that I use when in Spain. It works very well. I do not use any Vodafonebranded dongle, but I have an unlocked dongle as well as one netbook with a built-in 3G modem (perfect for my holidays).

Like 0      
08 Nov 2009 2:15 PM by Goldie Star rating. 154 posts Send private message

Hi

I am looking for the Vodafone APN settings for my  unlocked dongle to use in spain.

Thanks

Like 0      
08 Nov 2009 2:54 PM by besj Star rating in Sweden. 5 posts Send private message

Settings:

APN: airtelnet . es (delete spaces, but I can not post in other ways)
Username: vodafone
Password: vodafone
I do not think the username and password are necessary. Also I believe you can set the modem to use dynamic APN and it will pick it up correctly.

You can find more information if you google wetpaint mobile prepaid spain vodafone. There is a site that has a wiki on pay as you go in all countries.

Like 0      
08 Nov 2009 3:42 PM by Goldie Star rating. 154 posts Send private message

Besj,

Thanks for the information.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Learn to paint at your leisure... - 0 posts
Eye on Spain logo - 2 posts
ELEGANT HOMES WORLDWIDE - 0 posts
Hello - 4 posts
Happy Halloween - 3 posts
Washing Machines etc - 7 posts
Glitches with New broadband connection... - 4 posts
comments welcome.................................. - 8 posts
I RECOMMEND - Shave Saves - 0 posts
Moving to Andalucia - 0 posts
FOR SALE : VW TOUAREG 4X4 - 0 posts
How to transfer small sums of money to spanish bank account - 23 posts
Quality Spanish Builders in Olvera - 0 posts
Driving to Manilva - 9 posts
residency cedrtificate - 1 posts
Cuban Entertainment Required - 0 posts
If my mum is on benefits can she claim in Spain....???? - 3 posts
CAR FOR SALE - Vauxhall Vectra - 0 posts
All packed and ready for the off! - 13 posts
'I Recommend' .. new thread needed? - 9 posts
new law about buying a car in spain - 30 posts
How to embed a youtube video in a blog post - 2 posts
Real Madrid beaten 4-0 by pub team - 0 posts
Swimming pool liquid leak sealer - 3 posts
Spanish car subsidy - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x