Breach Of Contract

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Oct 2009 12:00 AM by Mercedes Star rating. 21 posts Send private message

Hi All

We are buying an offplan property and our contract states completion will be July 2009 allthough the buildings seem to be completed the developer has not as yet been granted the Licences Of First Occupation I am told there is a dissagreement and the town hall and the developer about some infrastructure costs and dont no when it will be granted my solicitor reccomended we wait untill October to see if the L O F had been granted but as yet it has not allthough the developer says it will be soon

We do have a bank guarantee for all the money we have paid(apprx 70,000 Euro) and was wondering if there has been a breach of contract my solicitor seems to think?(I need to no) that there has and reccomends a barrister looks deeper into our case this would cost us around 4000.00 euro+16% vat but if we win 10% of the money recovered is this the normal charge.

I am unsure what to do as this is a lot of money any one with any thoughts would be appreciated

Like 0      
23 Oct 2009 1:22 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

If there is no First Occupation License in Place and the house was supposed to be completed by July this year, you do have grounds for refund of all money paid plus legal interests through the execution of the Bank Guarantee. Initially, in most of the cases, legal fees will be imposed to the loser part.

In these cases you can also complete and ask for price reduction.

Best regards,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Swimming Pool Pump for Sale - 0 posts
Villa with large garden wanted for long term rental - 5 posts
Corvera Airport - 2 posts
17 and 18, we want to move to spain, help!? - 10 posts
Any Advice please ?! - 1 posts
Debt Termination Incorporation - 0 posts
Moving to Spain - 1 posts
Daytime home needed for fantastically friendly Weimaraner dog - 2 posts
Marks and Spencer Locations - 2 posts
Moving to Spain & I sell console accessories on markets in the UK. How hard is it to get on the Spainish markets - 6 posts
TEORIA IMPOSICIÓN DIRECTA (DERECHO FISCAL) - 3 posts
Linda P - 0 posts
Non Resident mortgages are available - 7 posts
Brighten your day - 0 posts
Reccomended Dentist in Catral - 2 posts
MOTORBIKE FOR SALE - 0 posts
Owners in debt - Can tenants still use community facilities? - 5 posts
Free Parking at Malaga airport - 2 posts
Property inland Costa Brava - 0 posts
Cruelty to animals - 25 posts
The Real Spain- a beautiful village in the Las Alpujarras - 1 posts
Grupo Mango to become bankrupt? - 4 posts
Working out Community Fees - 9 posts
Global Car Centre in Cabo Roig? - 0 posts
Car Trailer for sale. - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x