HPA section 9.4 Contribution to expenses

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Oct 2009 12:00 AM by arne56 Star rating in La Cañada and Uppsal.... 192 posts Send private message

arne56´s avatar

I have always got the impression that "normal" expenses (maintanance, electric administration ...) should be shared in accodans with the quota.

In our recent budget poposal, the cost is divide into two cathegories:Expenses per coeficient (cleaning, repair, insurance aso) and Expenses on the same chare (Electricy, watergarden and pool maintenance, othe pool costs)

Reason is:" On the new licence building and Horizonal division it is said that the expenses related to the use and maintenance of
the pool as well as communal area in which is it located are to be paid by all the owners on the same share."

Before I challange this it would be nice to have an experts viewe on the "new" rule.

Better listen to a breaking string than newer draw a bow.

Like 0      
16 Oct 2009 6:10 PM by deniseatnycs Star rating in Sol Golf Nr Villamar.... 136 posts Send private message

deniseatnycs´s avatar

Hi Arne

Unless I have read your posting wrong, which of course may be the case, it would seem that the proposal is just to list the expenses under two different headings.  If this is the so it could be just to make the expense report easier to read for owners in general.

As a rule, especially on new Urbanisations (not sure if yours is or not) , these items are suggested by the Administrators who often have many years experience with urbanisations but are constantly updating thier ways of working especially were non Spanish owners are the majority.  Any one else out there with any ideas on this one?

Like 0      
16 Oct 2009 6:15 PM by arne56 Star rating in La Cañada and Uppsal.... 192 posts Send private message

arne56´s avatar

The issue here is that pool costs and administration cost is shared equally between all owners regardless of quota. Is this a new law? This it nothing we have decided as ownes.

Like 0      
16 Oct 2009 6:32 PM by deniseatnycs Star rating in Sol Golf Nr Villamar.... 136 posts Send private message

deniseatnycs´s avatar

Hi Arne

No that is standard if every cost was shared percentage wise by the size of the plot or dwelling it would be a logistical nightmare.

Hope this helps. 

Like 0      
16 Oct 2009 8:45 PM by Joe1949 Star rating in Manchester. 61 posts Send private message

I pay my Community Fees on the basis of my co-efficient e,g 0.55% amongst 200 properties. This was set up 4 years ago and I often wonder why my share of the Pool,electricity ,gardens maintenance ,admin etc  should be 0.05% more than it would be on an equal share per property  just because I have a storage/ trastere and underground car park spot. 

Like 0      
26 Oct 2009 11:16 PM by arne56 Star rating in La Cañada and Uppsal.... 192 posts Send private message

arne56´s avatar
I have now got the information that in the Obra Nueva y División Horizontal, the deed for the community which I have never seen, it is stated that pool and pool area costs and administrator costs shall be of "equal share" and not by quota. Is this legal? Is it compulsury if it is in the deed or can it be changed? Obviusly the builder is the one who gains as they still own the big houses.

Like 0      
26 Oct 2009 11:17 PM by arne56 Star rating in La Cañada and Uppsal.... 192 posts Send private message

arne56´s avatar
I have now got the information that in the Obra Nueva y División Horizontal, the deed for the community which I have never seen, it is stated that pool and pool area costs and administrator costs shall be of "equal share" and not by quota. Is this legal? Is it compulsury if it is in the deed or can it be changed? Obviusly the builder is the one who gains as they still own the big houses.

Like 0      
27 Oct 2009 8:49 AM by spanishsolicitor Star rating in Murcia. 140 posts Send private message

spanishsolicitor´s avatar

It is legal to establish in the master deed that "equal share" and in order to ammend that sort of clause it is required unanimity

Every prospective owner who is thinking of buying property in a community should check the master deed

Like 0      
27 Oct 2009 12:37 PM by arne56 Star rating in La Cañada and Uppsal.... 192 posts Send private message

arne56´s avatar

Thanks Felix

We are still learning things. Trouble is if you dont know what to ask for, they will not tell you.

As I understand you, that if I say "no" in the AGM, all costs must be divided according to quota as in HPA.

I have asked the Administrator to make a summery of the Master Deed but it will probably not be ready in time for the AGM. If the spanish text is somewhat like the deed for our house, I would not be able to understand it. I will now ask for the original text.

Arne

Like 0      
27 Oct 2009 4:25 PM by spanishsolicitor Star rating in Murcia. 140 posts Send private message

spanishsolicitor´s avatar

Section 9 (e)  establishes as a duty of each commonholder  to contribute, according to the commonhold allocation specified in the commonhold community statement or to what may have been specially established, to the overall expenses for the appropriate maintenance of the building, its services, burdens and any responsibilities that cannot be allocated individually'.
Thus, in your case the master deed established these two methods to calculate contributions depending on which expenses are considered.
You cannot challenge the master deed; you only might amend the master deed by unanimous consent of the owners’ committee

Like 0      
27 Oct 2009 6:02 PM by sp1946 Star rating in Playa Flamenca, Orih.... 28 posts Send private message

I would love to see my 'Master Deed'. Is this the same as the Statutes &, if not, can anyone tell me what is the Spanish for 'Master Deed'. Do I take it that I should ask the Administrator for a copy or should it have been provided to me as a matter of course?

My escritura shows my coeficiente but the Community of Owners was established by only 20 owners after they took possession of their properties & before the remaining 125 properties were completed. There has never been a formal decision for all owners to pay equal shares, despite properties of  greatly varying sizes, but in practice this is what has happened so far. As you might guess, my property is one of the smallest.

Like 0      
27 Oct 2009 6:44 PM by arne56 Star rating in La Cañada and Uppsal.... 192 posts Send private message

arne56´s avatar

Sp1946: In our community the administrator calls it: Obra Nueva y División Horizontal

spanishsolicitor: Looking throught all the goblydegook in my own deed I see that this statue is there. This was just one of the small details our big law firm in Torrevieja forgot to tell us about.

PS Your book is of endless value. Thank you!

Like 0      
10 Nov 2009 10:00 PM by arne56 Star rating in La Cañada and Uppsal.... 192 posts Send private message

arne56´s avatar

I have asked our Administrator for1) a copy of the Master Deed and 2) a condesed version in English with the things every owner need to know.

On 1) they answered that it is 100 pages and they are not capable of copying that much and on2) there is no reaction at all.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

5 door CAR WANTED - 2 posts
Any recommendations for Aguilas. - 1 posts
HPA section 7 - 1 posts
cheap housing wanted - 1 posts
British to Spanish Driving licence- Alicante Region, Orihuela/Elche area - 23 posts
Help Needed - 7 posts
property management company wanted - 3 posts
legal Help - 0 posts
Mobile Home Transport ALbir - Alfaz del PI - 1 posts
Fernando del Valle - 2 posts
Long term rental - 0 posts
Solar Batteries deep cycle 12V 200AH + solar panels NEW - 0 posts
Capital gains Tax Question? - 1 posts
Motorbiking in Andalucia - 4 posts
Spanish Mortgages - 1 posts
Overseas Pensions Department..... - 5 posts
Seat Ibiza 1998 1.9 Diesel for sale - 0 posts
Bar Elite - Almoradi - 4 posts
Spain Non residents pay less for capital gains on savings - 0 posts
Andalusian government´s help to buy properties in the region! - 1 posts
Martes y trece...unlucky for some - 8 posts
Blue Palm, Marbella - 5 posts
Empadronamiento - 17 posts
Why Hate Ryanair - 3 posts
Thinking of moving to Guardemar Del Segura - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x