Warning online banking sacam

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Sep 2009 12:00 AM by 1962 Star rating in Iznalloz. 181 posts Send private message

Hi I have just opened an email from Halifax (so called) asking me to input my online security details for them to check otherwise I will not be able to continue with online banking. I am not even with Halifax, and I have read of a scam like this existing where they get your bank details and empty your bank account. How these people got my email address I don't know, as it is not my present one it is one I had over in the UK which I can still access. some of the diction is suspect also. If there is anyone out there with Halifax please be aware of this scam. They may do it with other banks also.

Kathy

Like 0      
12 Sep 2009 3:22 PM by friendly Star rating in North Lanarkshire. 125 posts Send private message

I have had the same e-mails from five different banks in the past two weeks.  Their e-mail address starts with (online services) at whichever bank they are pretending to be.  Beware!!!!!!!

Like 0      
12 Sep 2009 3:40 PM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

This is so common. I receive no ends of emails supposedly to have come from the various banks. Do NOT click any of these links or open any attachments or your PC may be infested with viruses & trojans.

This message was last edited by Forhotspot on 12/09/2009.

Like 0      
12 Sep 2009 4:16 PM by friendly Star rating in North Lanarkshire. 125 posts Send private message

I dont open them but I report them as phishing scams.  Not sure if it does any good though.

Like 0      
12 Sep 2009 5:18 PM by roddy1 Star rating in Leeds/ Balsicas. 250 posts Send private message

roddy1´s avatar

That scam as been going on for the past several years!

Like 0      
12 Sep 2009 11:32 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Yes, me too, seems to be a load of them coming through lately,

The ones that come up and say they will disable your account if you do not verify your details drive me crackers!!!!  I didn't realise I was with so many different banks

This message was last edited by Candyfloss on 12/09/2009.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Car Hire deals or buying - 6 posts
looking for work in spain for DJ - 0 posts
Spanish Taxes - 3 posts
One for the petrol heads - 3 posts
Econorent - 8 posts
Golf Clubs - 0 posts
España camisa blanca de mi esperanza - 0 posts
Distressed properties - 0 posts
UK registered cars in Spain - 5 posts
Advice required, Title / Deed Transfer - 3 posts
short term parking at or around murcia airport - 1 posts
Ryanair Baggage return flight only - 17 posts
Would anyone be interested? - 4 posts
Tips for increasing your Spanish property rentals online - 6 posts
Taking a dog from Spain to France and back? - 11 posts
Lost SIP Card - 2 posts
Is It Time For Plan B - 118 posts
Wireless Internet - 0 posts
CAM Bank - Annual interest rate change on loans - 3 posts
Justin, Private messages. - 2 posts
Fire on Estepona Mountain - 7 posts
computer screen gone mad! - 2 posts
Medical Advice if you're moving to Spain - 1 posts
EOS Spanish Course - 13 posts
Gardner & Handyman and homemade cakes! - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x