Children in the front seat?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Sep 2009 12:00 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Having googled about this, I've come up with conflicting statements but the AA state that, in Spain:

"Passengers/Children in cars:  Children up to the age of 12 and measuring less than 135 cm travelling on the front seat of a car must be seated in a child restraint system adapted to their size and weight.  Children measuring more than 135 cm may use an adult seatbelt."

As the AA website is the most professional of those that came up in my google search, I'm taking it that they are correct?  My ten year old is well over 135cm, so presumably he can sit in the front seat, using the installed seat belt?

Like 0      
03 Sep 2009 5:16 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

My understanding is that they still have to be at least 12 years old to travel in the front.  Otherwise it's the back seat on a booster seat.

I didn't know about the height clause.

If Myra from Costa Advice Bureau sees this thread I'm sure she'd be able to clarify for the matter for us.

Justin 

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
03 Sep 2009 6:42 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Thanks Justin.  The AA website clearly says what I've quoted in my last post and I can't find any 'authoritative" website that says anything different!

Maybe Myra or someone else can clarify? 

Like 0      
04 Sep 2009 7:37 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

12 years or being taller than 135cm to be sit in the front seat without a booster seat, just the belt.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
04 Sep 2009 7:53 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Thanks, Maria!  My son is always asking to sit in the front and when we arrive in a couple of weeks we'll have so much luggage that he might have to!!  So thought I would check first!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Easyjet pulling out of Luton - 3 posts
Parking in La Linea - 2 posts
Not moving to spain, moving back from costa blanca need a man with a van or part load to move a mirror and table please - 2 posts
Outstanding Utility Bills on our Apartment - 4 posts
Estate Agency Fees - 2 posts
Legal age for entry to nightclubs in Spain and Mallorca - 1 posts
Help on renting - 4 posts
Catastral Value - 6 posts
cam bank - 1 posts
rental problem - 2 posts
Banks HAVE to change conditions - 0 posts
Car Wanted, Cash Waiting! - 0 posts
Mortgage bureau - 0 posts
Costa del sol? - 13 posts
New rules on reclaiming car hire/hotel overcharges from November - 0 posts
Would like advice on buying in Spain please - 20 posts
Do it yourself non residents wealth tax. - 1 posts
looking for villa or townhouse for long term rent - 0 posts
Baby Walker Wanted - 0 posts
sevillana endesa address needed - 3 posts
Taxis and buses - 2 posts
BEWARE OF GOLDCAR - 105 posts
La Tasa Anual Equivalente TAE? - 8 posts
where to buy safety/stairs gates for kids - 2 posts
Google Toolbar Translator - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x