Costa del sol?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Sep 2009 12:00 AM by lomasgirl Star rating in I'm in Belgium and L.... 24 posts Send private message

In January, we like to come to Costa del Sol, for the first time, for 10 days. We are looking for a quit place, we don't need disco, and not Malaga center.  We like to walk, shopping, go out eating.

Where do I start looking, wich nice little village ?

Like 0      
02 Sep 2009 9:42 AM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

Mijas is lovely and also Benahavis, thos are the two places i would recomend.

Joan

Like 0      
02 Sep 2009 10:48 AM by hula Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

I would recomend Casares and Casares Costa area.

A mix of tradition (Casares pueblo blanco), luxury (Finca Cortesin), great beaches and chiringitos (la Sal ) and you are between Marbella and Sotogrande. 

Have a lovely time in Costa del Sol. 

Like 0      
02 Sep 2009 2:40 PM by LITS Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi Lomas Girl,

I would recommend Mijas Pueblo, Nerja (Coastal) or Ronda (Inland). All three are traditional Spanish villages and ideal places to get a feel for the real Costa del Sol. Let me know if you require anymore information on any of the destinations. We do also supply accommodation in all areas of the Costa del Sol.

Many Thanks

Lets in the Sun 

This message was last edited by LITS on 02/09/2009.

Like 0      
15 Oct 2009 2:28 PM by SimoneIcough Star rating in Monda. 43 posts Send private message

SimoneIcough´s avatar

Hi Lomas Girl,

I can recommend a couple of nice places in-land from Marbella/Malaga. Monda village is lovely and there are some great places to eat and drink, also some nice walks there too. Coin is also a nice town with lots of bars and restaurants, with horse riding and walks and also has a shopping mall called La Trocha.

Hope this might be of some help......have a good holiday :)

Like 0      
15 Oct 2009 5:57 PM by VickiT Star rating in Bournemouth. 121 posts Send private message

Hi Lomas Girl

For me it would be Estepona every time.  A beautiful town with a lovely old town, gorgeous beaches and lovely people.  And its not too far to drive to all the other places mentioned on this thread.  Check it out.

Like 0      
15 Oct 2009 7:11 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

How about La Carihuela area of Torremolinos? Much closer to Malaga airport and easier to get to than all of the previous suggestions, loads of fantastic restaurants, nice beach, lots of shops, nice walking along the promenade towards Malaga & Benalmadena Marina. 

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
15 Jan 2011 3:31 PM by amep75 Star rating. 79 posts Send private message

mijas is in the sticks so if no car bus to shops!!!!!!!!!!

if shopping and eating important go to fuengirola

Like 0      
15 Jan 2011 7:47 PM by AJB1 Star rating in Benahavis, Costa del.... 63 posts Send private message

I agree that you must try Estepona for all the reasons VickiT gives. I live there though so I AM biased!!

Like 0      
16 Jan 2011 8:34 AM by jojan Star rating. 200 posts Send private message

Why not try Puerto Duquesa (just further South of Estepona), a lovely marina where you can relax have a coffee and watch the boats bobbing about then have a stroll along the beach.  Further inland is the town of Manilva, you might even meet Justin there.  Have a good time wherever you choose, because whatever you miss out on this year you can always save for next year,

Jojan

Like 0      
16 Jan 2011 11:21 AM by amep75 Star rating. 79 posts Send private message

best stay close airport not somwher miles away transfer could cost more than airfare thats why i suggested fuengirola can get there on lovely train for 2.15 euros

Like 0      
24 Mar 2011 2:54 PM by sotograndespain Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Sotogrande

yachthaven , Valderrama golf , Santa Maria Polo.

This is Spains upmarket holiday playground where the wealthy of Madrid holiday and mix with well healed expats. As usual it comes at a cost even in the recession but as with all wealth areas you get what you pay for. If you can afford it you will love it

olo

Like 0      
24 Mar 2011 10:05 PM by fultond Star rating in Haywards Heath & Tor.... 242 posts Send private message

I'm with Roberto...

From Torremolinos to Benalmadena (takes in Carihuela) offers beautiful paseos and Marina. Really has everything, and also close to the airport.

Like 0      
19 May 2011 8:54 AM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

Interestingly, everyone seems genuinely fond of the Costa del Sol. Without reading through them again there appears to be no negatives, just enthusiasm. Quite a testimonial for this region. As an aside, I suppose you read that parking your yacht in Puerto Banus marina costs an eye watering €2,006 a day. How the other 5% lives. All bankers?

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

New rules on reclaiming car hire/hotel overcharges from November - 0 posts
Would like advice on buying in Spain please - 20 posts
Do it yourself non residents wealth tax. - 1 posts
looking for villa or townhouse for long term rent - 0 posts
Baby Walker Wanted - 0 posts
sevillana endesa address needed - 3 posts
Taxis and buses - 2 posts
BEWARE OF GOLDCAR - 105 posts
La Tasa Anual Equivalente TAE? - 8 posts
where to buy safety/stairs gates for kids - 2 posts
Google Toolbar Translator - 2 posts
Key holding and cleaning on an ''as and when required'' basis ? - 2 posts
A few items needed! - 0 posts
Old Fool - 51 posts
Guardia Civil - 7 posts
EHIC - Changes to Procedures - 0 posts
fed up with spanish bank - 6 posts
Sotogrande Support Group for Depression/Anxiety - 0 posts
Can we afford to live in Spain - 9 posts
Moped ITV - 1 posts
Instant Access International Spanish office - closed down Feb 2009 - 1 posts
Finally found a copy of the highway code and set out below a rough translation: - 4 posts
Bank holiday - 2 posts
Driving to Gibraltar - 12 posts
Fiscal Residence - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x