Help on renting

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Sep 2009 12:00 AM by chris and michala Star rating in cleethorpes ik. 4 posts Send private message

Hi to all im new to this website so i hope i have put this thread in the right place. Please can anyone help as my wife and i would like to know is there any way that we can find out if we can trust someone to rent a villa to us how do we go about this. We have looked at a nice villa on this website and have sent a e-mail to the owner that lives ner us in the uk. Do we pay a diposit if so would we need a agrement from him now or when we move in? please can anyone help thanks.

Like 0      
03 Sep 2009 8:29 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

It all depends on mutual agreement between you and the villa owner. Of course if you pay a deposit, you need to sign a document with proper cancellation rights for the case the rental is not finally executed.

Good luck and welcome to EOS!

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
03 Sep 2009 10:12 AM by chris and michala Star rating in cleethorpes ik. 4 posts Send private message

Hi thank you for getting back to me fast. What are my proper cancellation rights are thay the same as the uk. The villa we like is at Polaris World Condado de Alhama

Like 0      
03 Sep 2009 2:58 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Cancellation rights before signing the rental contract depends on the house  being in accordance ( habitability, number of rooms, utilities, facilities, location...) expressed in the publicity.

Once you sign your cancellation contract, your rights for cancellation are under the Rental Act: these has been covered in this article:

http://www.eyeonspain.com/spain-magazine/renting-maria4.aspx

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
03 Sep 2009 3:17 PM by chris and michala Star rating in cleethorpes ik. 4 posts Send private message

Thank you so when i pay the diposit i should sign the  rental contract  and a cancellation contract?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Catastral Value - 6 posts
cam bank - 1 posts
rental problem - 2 posts
Banks HAVE to change conditions - 0 posts
Car Wanted, Cash Waiting! - 0 posts
Mortgage bureau - 0 posts
Costa del sol? - 13 posts
New rules on reclaiming car hire/hotel overcharges from November - 0 posts
Would like advice on buying in Spain please - 20 posts
Do it yourself non residents wealth tax. - 1 posts
looking for villa or townhouse for long term rent - 0 posts
Baby Walker Wanted - 0 posts
sevillana endesa address needed - 3 posts
Taxis and buses - 2 posts
BEWARE OF GOLDCAR - 105 posts
La Tasa Anual Equivalente TAE? - 8 posts
where to buy safety/stairs gates for kids - 2 posts
Google Toolbar Translator - 2 posts
Key holding and cleaning on an ''as and when required'' basis ? - 2 posts
A few items needed! - 0 posts
Old Fool - 51 posts
Guardia Civil - 7 posts
EHIC - Changes to Procedures - 0 posts
fed up with spanish bank - 6 posts
Sotogrande Support Group for Depression/Anxiety - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x