rental problem

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Sep 2009 12:00 AM by ciaron Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

My friend rented a property through an agent 3 years ago who has since gone bust.  The tenant moved in signed a yearly contract  but no money was paid to the owner of the apt for the last two years as she was hospitalised 2008 when the contract ran out in February of the same year.  The agent is no longer contactable and he also had no contact from the tenant since then.  My friend had to change the locks and clean out the apartment this year to allow him to re-rent but some belongings where still in the apartment which he placed in a lock-up.  He is at a loss of 5,000 euros in rent, and does not know if that money was paid by the tenant to the agent.  The contract ceased in February 2008 and the only names on the contract were the tenant and agent.  Now the tenants mother has arrived looking for personal belongings and some furniture.  The beds had to be thrown out by my friend because they where left in a terrible condition.  My friend has photos of the condition of the apartment and spent two weeks cleaning it.  He was told that he cannot rent out the apartment by his representatives in Spain while this problem is ongoing.  Could Maria help with this problem.

Like 0      
03 Sep 2009 8:40 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

What is the problem specifically? The beds the owner threw away? The unpaid rents?

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
03 Sep 2009 5:41 PM by ciaron Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Hello Maria,the main problem my friend has that he was told by the company who looks after his affairs in Spain that by law he cannot rent out his apartment until the last person who rented it can retrieve her personnel belongings(clothes,pictures and a wardrobe).As the apt was vacant since early last year and with no contact with either the agent or the renter the belongings where put in storage and the locks were changed.My friend has no problem returning the items but this involves a trip back to Spain.Meanwhile he also has to buy new beds which were ruined and had to be thrown out and the renter taking the other beds.He does not know if the money was paid by the renter to the letting agent either.

Many thanks for replying to this problem,Ciaron.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Banks HAVE to change conditions - 0 posts
Car Wanted, Cash Waiting! - 0 posts
Mortgage bureau - 0 posts
Costa del sol? - 13 posts
New rules on reclaiming car hire/hotel overcharges from November - 0 posts
Would like advice on buying in Spain please - 20 posts
Do it yourself non residents wealth tax. - 1 posts
looking for villa or townhouse for long term rent - 0 posts
Baby Walker Wanted - 0 posts
sevillana endesa address needed - 3 posts
Taxis and buses - 2 posts
BEWARE OF GOLDCAR - 105 posts
La Tasa Anual Equivalente TAE? - 8 posts
where to buy safety/stairs gates for kids - 2 posts
Google Toolbar Translator - 2 posts
Key holding and cleaning on an ''as and when required'' basis ? - 2 posts
A few items needed! - 0 posts
Old Fool - 51 posts
Guardia Civil - 7 posts
EHIC - Changes to Procedures - 0 posts
fed up with spanish bank - 6 posts
Sotogrande Support Group for Depression/Anxiety - 0 posts
Can we afford to live in Spain - 9 posts
Moped ITV - 1 posts
Instant Access International Spanish office - closed down Feb 2009 - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x