Ban on 'Speedos'..................

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Aug 2009 12:00 AM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Just heard on the English news that a theme park ( don't know which one ) in UK has banned males from wearing 'Speedo' swimwear because they are too revealing.............................................what a load og b**ls !!!!!!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
12 Aug 2009 7:30 PM by Marysafc Star rating in Harrow and Peñiscola. 113 posts Send private message

Alton Towers.

Like 0      
12 Aug 2009 7:48 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

So why do you need swimsuits on at Alton Towers?

Years since I've been.....................is there a pool there or do people walk around half dressed anyway ?

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
12 Aug 2009 7:53 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar

I don't think it has anything to do with public decency.

It must be yet another UK government health program to avert an outbreak of hypothermia!

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
12 Aug 2009 7:56 PM by Marysafc Star rating in Harrow and Peñiscola. 113 posts Send private message

They have a water park there now and apparently "skimpy" swimsuits are not good to look at! They do say that "spaghetti string bikinis" are also banned!

On a phone in on radio 5Live some people phoned in and said that the same applies to public pools in France - a hygiene issue apparently.

Like 0      
12 Aug 2009 7:58 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

So.........................it's more hygenic to cover your 'bits' with baggy shorts?

hmmmmmm.........................whatever!! It'll never catch on here !!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
12 Aug 2009 9:19 PM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar

I banned my husband from wearing Speedos years ago

Like 0      
12 Aug 2009 9:33 PM by Marysafc Star rating in Harrow and Peñiscola. 113 posts Send private message

Sorry got that wrong I think in France you have to wear short shorts in the pool! Which would explain all the "continental gentlemen" wearing the same swimming costumes that they wore when they were young and fit when they are older and using them to hold up their paunch! I know there are english who look the same and haven't seen their feet in years.

Like 0      
12 Aug 2009 9:54 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Brilliant Mary, YOU SAID IT !! There is one guy who uses our community pool, oooeeerrr !!!!! We avert our eyes as he wanders past our place with his towel around his neck. Trouble is, unless we nip indoors, he stops to chat. I don't know where to look !

Like 0      
12 Aug 2009 10:04 PM by Marysafc Star rating in Harrow and Peñiscola. 113 posts Send private message

The trouble is that they bigger they are the more you look -  mirrored glasses called for I think!

Like 0      
13 Aug 2009 8:22 AM by sterling Star rating in Kent & Partaloa, Alm.... 206 posts Send private message

It's not just pools area, we have a bloke out our gym who wears' unsuitalble' shorts and if you are unfortunate enough to be in the same area as the leg press machine, you get an eyefull of what can only be described as ' BABY BIRD'........................................  think about it.

Like 0      
13 Aug 2009 9:32 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

........well fancy that, hatching eggs down there!!!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

TAPAS RECOMMENDATIONS - 0 posts
Wealth Tax Help!! - 7 posts
New Post Alerts - 8 posts
I love lidl - 2 posts
This made me laugh - 8 posts
Apostille and Embassy Legalization on Buying Property - 4 posts
More flights to Spain for those of us Oop North!! - 3 posts
Power of atturney - 1 posts
Villa in Benalmadena/La Carihuela - 4 posts
Moving to spain in 9 months - 12 posts
SELLING AND CHANGING OWNERSHIP OF SPANISH CAR - 2 posts
Moving to Madrid..but don't have a clue! - 1 posts
Help! The grout in my pool is going black! - 4 posts
Buying a spanish reg car before moving to spain - 15 posts
Building Insurance wiht Mapfre - 7 posts
Parking at Marbella Bus Station - 4 posts
Blogs - 4 posts
german shepherd type dog looking for home in Cadiz - 0 posts
Building Work in Spain - 5 posts
Need health insurance for 6 months in spain - 4 posts
Get a delivery date from removal company! - 2 posts
Dangerous dog act in Spain? - 20 posts
Cancel Telefonica Landline - 1 posts
A different flyng question - 6 posts
5 day car hire from Murcia Airport - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x