in search of a suitable pueblo

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Aug 2009 12:00 AM by licqurish Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hola!  I am fairly new to EOS so be kind to me!   My husband and I are planning the move in around 2 years and have yet to find THE PLACE.  We are looking inland east of Malaga as we love the area.  We have found and love Torrox pueblo but the property prices there give you less for your money.  Our ideal would be to find a property with letting potential for extra income (we would be living also on my husbands pensions) - but we need to be in the right location.  We love Torrox because of the community spirit there, with the square with street cafes and bars etc, and all of the other day to day facilities which are close by.  So we are looking for a pueblo which can offer all of this but is a bit further inland with property prices reflecting this.  I am doing some research on the net into towns and villages further in from the coast, but I would like somewhere which has a fairly mild climate through the winter too - if that is possible.  If anyone lives in or knows of such a place, I am looking for your suggestions.  We are spending New Year in Spain and will be doing more research whilst we are out there.  Muchas Gracias!  Lesley

Like 0      
05 Aug 2009 2:39 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 420 posts Send private message

Hi licqurish,

I can highly recomend Nerja, i know it is on the cost but it is just stunning.  Beaches are nice, tourism is fantastic and therefore rental potential is great.  I have a friend with 2 apartments there and she is already fully booked for Christmas period.  It is small but there is all you need.

The locals are nice people, you also have loads of squares surrounded by bars and restaurants and much to do.

Look into it, last time i checked property prices were reasonable.

Joan

Like 0      
05 Aug 2009 2:51 PM by licqurish Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Thanks Joan - will look into it

Like 0      
05 Aug 2009 3:33 PM by sms0611 Star rating in Fuengirola. 21 posts Send private message

Hi Lesley,

Bear in mind the further you move inland the less clement the weather will be in the winter, The land rises sharply directly behind the coastal region and it does get very cold.

Having said that two very nices places are Lanjaron and Orgiva, if these are too far east for you try Frigilliana.

Although I live in this area myself I too am looking east because of relative property prices. For a real bargin although with extreme caution look at Almeria and the area around Mojacar.

good luck

Steve

Like 0      
05 Aug 2009 4:09 PM by licqurish Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi Steve.  Many thanks for that.  We did visit Lanjaron briefly quite a few years ago - so will re-visit.  I have read a lot about Orgiva and it is on our list to visit in December.  I must admit that Almeria was not for us - the towns and villages seemed to be very far apart and the many plastic tents did put us off as well.  We did visit Mojacar and found it too touristy to live in.  The idea of holiday rentals we have would be aimed at those looking for an alternative type of holiday eg. walking, cycling etc.

Like 0      
09 Aug 2009 11:08 AM by cazzy Star rating in Inland Andalucia. 180 posts Send private message

Our Puebla is an hours drive straight inland from Malaga. It is lovely, very friendly and property is very reasonable. We look after a rental property on the outskirts of the village, it is full most of the year and the owner says he wishes he could afford another, as he gets so many enquieries. There are also a few properties for sale that I know of which are reasonably priced, around the 70-100k. The village is called Isla Redonda.

Like 0      
10 Aug 2009 10:09 AM by licqurish Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Thanks Cazzy.  Will look into this one - have never heard of your pueblo - looks interesting.  What is the weather like in winter?

Lesley

Like 0      
10 Aug 2009 11:48 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Grazalema, El Bosque, Benamahoma, Arcos de la Frontera... ( all in Cadiz Province) are excellent, 100% spanish, not expensive, gorgeous, welcoming options.... ( needless to say again I am from Cadiz Province).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%C3%A1diz_(province)

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
10 Aug 2009 1:33 PM by licqurish Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Thanks very much Maria  

Like 0      
12 Aug 2009 12:14 PM by cazzy Star rating in Inland Andalucia. 180 posts Send private message

Winter is between Nov and Feb. I think last year we had 2 frosts, daytime temp is about 20 and night down to about 6. We are very close to Ecija which is known as the frying pan of Andalucia, due to its high temps. I think Spain gets a lot colder than people realise, we certainly didn't!!

Like 0      
14 Aug 2009 3:35 AM by Tom2009 Star rating in Axarquia. 11 posts Send private message

Tom2009´s avatar

The Axarquia region, east and inland of Malaga is a great place. We are moving there ourselves in a couple of months. It's where i grew up as a teenager.

The climate there is one of the best as it is protected by the surrounding sierras.

There are lots and lots of towns and villages scattered everywhere that are worth exploring, but be very careful when looking at property in rural areas or on the edge of a village as there has been a lot of illegal builds in recent years, especially in the Vinuela/Alcaucin area.

Obviously places nearer the coast are going to be more expensive like Nerja, Frigiliana and Torrox, but you do't have to go too far inland to find a better deal.

There are quite few villages near Velez-malaga that  have a quick easy access to the coast without driving 30-45 mins up a mountain road like Competa for example.

Like 0      
14 Aug 2009 2:42 PM by licqurish Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi Tom

Thank you for your help.  I will have fun doing lots of research! 

PS.  Love the dog!!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Cap and Collar Limits on Mortgages? - 5 posts
Driving a Spanish registered/insured car belonging to a friend - 5 posts
Why is fruit so bad in Spain - 22 posts
Monarch Airlines criticised by CIT Marbella - 0 posts
Replies (WHAT IS THIS ?) - 7 posts
Article re BGs - 2 posts
Article from lawyer about litigating BGs - 6 posts
"the truth at last " - 0 posts
Horizontal law and cost of lifts! - 25 posts
Toyota Yaris for sale - 4 posts
Petition stand up and be counted - 1 posts
AIFOS AND LAWSUITS - 4 posts
New photos of road from Coto Real to Duquesa Port - 0 posts
WRONG TELEPHONE NUMBER - 2 posts
Transporting my 2 dogs and cat from Spain via France - 3 posts
Looking for Pregnant Models!! - 8 posts
Good Bank for Online Store - 1 posts
Repossession or Dacion en Pago? - 2 posts
rental changeover and laundry costs - 0 posts
gerry n - 1 posts
Can you apply for an NIE number at any police station - 2 posts
Group Action - 1 posts
META stuff? - 0 posts
Rental income stolen - 12 posts
Bus Timetable - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x