Airport pick-up

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Jul 2009 12:00 AM by Wayne & Nicola Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Can anyone shed any light on the following. When we come out to our apartment, we generally hire a car from the airport.  However if friends and family come to visit us, we go to pick them up ( makes sense). Now we are hearing that you can be fined upto 1000 euros for doing this as part of the Spanish protecting the taxi drivers.

Does anyone know what is goig on? 

Like 0      
27 Jul 2009 11:33 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi both

Bearing in mind I have no idea what area you're talking about you could check out this .. do a search, plenty there lately.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 27/07/2009.

Like 0      
28 Jul 2009 7:46 AM by cazzy Star rating in Inland Andalucia. 180 posts Send private message

It is only if you are charging, and they would have to prove that.

Like 0      
28 Jul 2009 9:55 AM by altealavella Star rating in Orxeta. 42 posts Send private message

No, you have to prove you are NOT charging.

Like 0      
28 Jul 2009 10:01 AM by Goldie Star rating. 154 posts Send private message

Hi

Yes as Cazzy says only if you are charging. If you do use any one that  are not registerd as a taxi then pay them before you get to the airport. I know that Alicante airport was being watched last year and some number plates were being taken.

I sure there was a report on this in the Costa Blanca newspaper last year.

Like 0      
28 Jul 2009 10:21 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I also hire cars when I go out to Spain and normally return to the airport to pick up my husband later in the holiday.  I too wondered if I would be stopped but as it's a hire car and the Guardia now how the facility to check the number plates on-line then I believe it will be ok.  Why would someone hire a car to do airport runs.

They are after the 7 seater van man rather that the occasional visitor picking up family and friends. 

I did read a report in one of the English papers about an elderly lady who had dropped off a neighbour/relative and returned two days later to pick up her son.  She was stopped but as they had matching surnames she wasn't fined.  This was over 3 years ago so this is not the first time this has happened.

Like 0      
28 Jul 2009 1:06 PM by mrs d Star rating in Northern Ireland bu.... 17 posts Send private message

mrs d´s avatar

Hi

If you go to www.roundtownnews.co.uk you can read about the uproar around airport pick-ups.

Like 0      
28 Jul 2009 3:08 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 420 posts Send private message

I have been to the airport 5 times in the last 4 weeks to collect and drop of family, so far nothing!

Why don't they try reducing the taxi fees, this might also create more business for the taxis!

It is not fait to have to budget around €150 just to get from the airport to the apartment and back!

And before anyone goes there, i know bus and train are cheaper but not always convenient with children and so on.

Joan

Like 0      
28 Jul 2009 3:35 PM by roddy1 Star rating in Leeds/ Balsicas. 250 posts Send private message

roddy1´s avatar

Regarding taxis I find the problem inconsistant fares charges from San Javier to Balsicas can be anything from 18-25 euros, for a 10min. drive. Also another problem is that when you give the address they rely on you directing them to the address. So chance as anybody who as not visited before got. I think that if they want charge premium rates that they should also have a Knowledge Test or is that to much to ask. 

Like 0      
29 Jul 2009 10:27 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Wayne & Nicola, will this in costa news  put your mind at rest ?

Like 0      
30 Jul 2009 7:01 AM by Wayne & Nicola Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Thanks for that everyone. I think we will take the risk.

Maybe "Eye on Spain" to set up a campaign about the extortionate taxi fares at Alicante.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

COFFEE TABLE FOR 50 EUROS WENGUE COLOUR - COSTA DEL SOL - 0 posts
BABY BATH FOR SALE - COSTA DEL SOL - 0 posts
2 SEATER SOFA - COSTA DEL SOL - 0 posts
BABY CAR SEAT FOR SALE - COSTA DEL SOL - 0 posts
SELLING BRAND NEW BABY CAR SEAT - COSTA DEL SOL - 0 posts
SPANISH LESSONS FOR FOREIGNERS - 0 posts
What happened in Manilva - 57 posts
WANTED - BABY'S CAR SEAT - 4 posts
ELECTRIC BILLS THIS MONTH - 21 posts
anyone dealt with vanityangels - 2 posts
Question about NIE number - 11 posts
House and contents - 8 posts
advise needed, on suma on my car? - 4 posts
schools in quadamar - 20 posts
fellipe massa f1 driver - 1 posts
Simyo Telephone/Data Sim Cards - 0 posts
Wanted: 28 inch or more flat screen plasma (or LCD) TV - 2 posts
Transfering a car BACK to the UK - 9 posts
Hola todos............ - 11 posts
Buying reposessed properties from the bank in the Costa del Sol - 11 posts
Misteri Play d'Elx - 0 posts
Fire reaching Mojacar - 15 posts
reactivating sky tv - 4 posts
Buying repossessed property property in Costa Blanca and payment of deposit. Advice? - 9 posts
M&S Marbella again - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x