BEWARE OF ROBBERS

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Jul 2009 12:00 AM by sandiemac Star rating in Ireland/El Barranco .... 22 posts Send private message

I was out in our apart in playa flamenca for a couple of weeks and one particular evening there was a few lads driving around  our estate on scrambler bikes,

That evening we went to our local chinese for food and when we returned to our apartments we were invited up to our neighbours for a nightcap When we came down to our apartment we reliased we had been broken in to.They had tried to jammy the patio doors but the lock in the centre of the door prevented them so and  they smashed the glass through. We had our wallet and purse taken and also some very sentimental jewelery.

Our trip turned into a nighmare as you can imagine and we had to pay a fortune to have grills put in place on every door and window even though we have blinds on them.

So im just warning all you holiday makers out there to be extra extra carefull because these people dont care that they are ruining it for people that have saved up all year for their holidays

Like 0      
19 Jul 2009 6:36 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Sandiemac

I'm so sorry to read this. There are huge threads on this & every other Spanish forum I read with similar stories. Blinds are certainly useless, you do need grilles but if these people want to get in they find it easy even with grilles fitted.

When you go out even just to a neighbours you should always take your wallet & purse but where does it all end ? I'm sure we've gone next door & just left my husband's wallet in his bedside cabinet.

Hope your insurers are sorting it out, did you go to the police for a denuncia as they won't without one.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 19/07/2009.

Like 0      
20 Jul 2009 9:26 AM by sterling Star rating in Kent & Partaloa, Alm.... 206 posts Send private message

Hi Sandimac,

Im sorry to hear about your burglary. How distressing.

A friend of mine has told me that the new trend for these low life if you have rejas on your windows is to lift the blinds up and prize open the window and 'hook' anything within reaching distance like keys, handbags, even shoes!!!! It seems that these days you have to collect all your belonging and put them under your pillow. Oh and satalitte dishes, they are being stolen all the time now.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Long term parking - 2 posts
Are there REALLY bargain properties on the Costa Del Sol??? - 0 posts
Finestrat Charity Variety Show - 0 posts
plus advisors - 3 posts
Having a great time in Spain - 2 posts
Parking charges at Reus - 2 posts
To All Finca Parc Investors in Danger of Losing Deposits - 4 posts
New Law in evicting tenants in Spain! - 5 posts
RYANAIR WINTER FLIGHTS - 0 posts
want to send stuff back to uk? - 1 posts
San Jose /Herrada del Tollo - 4 posts
barking dog - 4 posts
WATCHDOG, WOULD ANY ELSE LIKE TO APPEAR ON WATCHDOG FOR VILLAPAC - 0 posts
Lack of hire cars - 2 posts
Much needed information and not misinformation - 13 posts
Buy a share in a property??? - 0 posts
DJ MIXER NEEDED - 2 posts
RYANAIR WINTER FLIGHTS - 0 posts
Personal Loan - 2 posts
changeover cleaning costs on renting propery - 1 posts
Satellite dish for sale - 2 posts
PARKING STORAGE & SALES - 0 posts
Sky TV Change Viewing Cards - 22 posts
Marks and Spencers - 7 posts
Cheap car hire from Malaga Airport - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x