So, coming up a busy road the other day (A50) and going round a roundabout in the correct lane, a car suddenly pulled onto the roundabout and proceeded to go right round the roundabout on the inside lane. Imagine my reaction when I spotted this car had Spanish plates! Seems they come to UK and drive like that as well.
However, it's not just the Spanish (note how I got the title into the main body, there?) as these drivers confessed to the Readers Digest on what they have done whilst driving:
1. Watched a DVD while driving an HGV
2. Played a computer game on my laptop
3. Approached a junction at 80 mph whilst retrieving a SatNav from the floor
4. Swerved trying to find a toy on the floor in the back for a screaming baby
5. Shaken hands with a passenger in another car at 60 mph on hte motorway
6. Had sex (apparently admitted by over a dozen drivers)
7. Driven the wrong way on a motorway while drunk
8. Had both feet out of the window with the car on cruise control at 120 mph
9. Read a newspapr - spread across the steering wheel - while driving a petrol tanker on the motorway
10. Put on make-up while making a phone call with a child standing on the front seat
11. Used a mobile phone and an electric shave on the motorway
12. Driven with two dogs sitting on their lap
13. Eaten a bowl of cereal while on the phone
14. Stopped suddenly in the middle of the motorway to read something.
47% of 18 to 25 year olds owned up to talking on a hand-held mobile
45% of 18 to 25 year olds owned up to sending text messages
19% of 18 to 25 year olds owned up to kissing or cuddling whilst driving
13% of 18 to 25 year olds owned up to putting on make-up or combing their hair
I'm sure I've driven behind some of those.