Getting a Fishing Licence??

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Jul 2009 12:00 AM by geann Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi there

My name is Gaynor and my husband and I have a holiday home in Puerta de la Duquesa near Estepona.  I was wondering if anyone could kindly help us with a query.  I have trawled endlessly through websites for advice on how to obtain a 'fishing licence' for 'offshore fishing only'  We don't want lakes or sea fishing, just from the shoreline.  Some websites say we ned to go to the bank, and some say we need togo to the Town Hall.  We went to both in Manilva and no one knew where we should go, but it definitely wasn't to them.

My husband loves to fish and we don't want to break the law and risk being fined 90euros.

Please could someone give us the corect advice on exactly what we need and where we need to go.  I do believe we will need our NIE number and a copy of his English fishing licence.

Your help is very much appreciated

Kind regards

Gaynor

Like 0      
10 Jul 2009 7:50 AM by pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

pilgrim´s avatar

I just went to the Ayuntamiento in San Javier, showed my NIE card, together with two photos and they prepared my licence, which I collected a few days later.

Being a jubilado. it was free and I think valid for some six years. (It´s downstairs, so cannot confirm the time limit.)

If not a jubilado, it is very inexpensive, some five Euro, I think?

pilgrim

Like 0      
10 Jul 2009 9:28 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Go to Manilva Local Council, Fishing department.

Best,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

murcia ? within my budget nice area ? algorfa , cabo roig, san miquel de salinas any thoughts - 4 posts
financing a new car - 3 posts
Two excellent websites with reviews (by local diners)of restaurants on the Costa Blanca - 1 posts
EOS 5th birthday on Saturday - 20 posts
Key Lounges - 1 posts
Aeroclub ULM Vera - 1 posts
might b going to monda village - 0 posts
WERE THERE - 16 posts
Wealth and income tax non resident - 4 posts
Anti-Glare Window Film - 1 posts
How to translation these 2 sentenses? - 9 posts
Gibraltar Magazine - 1 posts
MM2 update - 1 posts
Cambank - 2 posts
Question regarding 11month rental - 6 posts
Obtaining an NIE number at Spanish Consulate Edinburgh - 3 posts
Hi everyone. - 14 posts
car hire gibraltar/la linea - 1 posts
Blank pages, apart from the EOS header & bottom bar, when I click on certain pages ! - 9 posts
Pay as you go broadband - 12 posts
Looking for a Mattress - 2 posts
If you walk away from a purchase, what are the potential penalties? - 14 posts
Need cheap rental on 20/7/09 - 25/07/09 - 7 posts
Wanted lhd car - 2 posts
Spanish Lawyers - Make sure you do your reasearch - 15 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x