Railings or solid fencing ?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Jul 2009 12:00 AM by Tristan_and_Karen Star rating in Worcester Park and D.... 10 posts Send private message

Hi,

Does anyone know what happened to Kevin Clarke?  He owned a company called Absolute Spain.

He has a set of keys to my property but I can no longer contact him on his mobile, email or office line.  In fact, his office line number was answered by someone claiming to be a company called Torrevisa!

I really need anyones help here as I urgently need to get these keys back and will bein Spain on Monday...

I thank anyone for any help....

Regards,

Trisan

Like 0      
12 Jul 2009 9:47 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

I would have your locks changed when your out, I wouldn't like anyone having my keys as they could just go in when they want, I would do it ASAP.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
12 Jul 2009 11:13 AM by Tristan_and_Karen Star rating in Worcester Park and D.... 10 posts Send private message

Thanks Leema, I am thinking about doing that but don't know if I am over-reacting just because I cannot get hold of him now.

If I go down that route do you know if that means a whole new door?  Also is there anyone you would recommend?

Regards,

Tristan

Like 0      
12 Jul 2009 12:15 PM by esteban19120 Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

esteban19120´s avatar

no just need a good lock smith or drill the lock should not damage the door at all and as you changing the lock it doesnt matter if you damage it.

Like 0      
12 Jul 2009 12:18 PM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

it is reasonably simple to change a lock, as mentioned drill out the old one and then take it to the ferreteria,s and ensure you get one of a similar size etc,personally think ti is also worth getting "chub" style deallocks as well

Nobody plans to fail, many fail to plan, sadly the result is the same.

Like 0      
12 Jul 2009 12:55 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Tristan, whereabouts is your property in Spain ?

I've searched your posts but you just say San Vicente III & I can't tell from that.

Is it in my area ? (Maybe relevant to update your profile with your Spanish location).

This message was last edited by morerosado on 12/07/2009.

Like 0      
12 Jul 2009 1:37 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

It's just the lock you can change, we done ours ourselves, some of us even swopped on our complex, we were told at the beginning first thing you do is change your locks.

We are in Duquesa and there is a locksmith in Sabinillas. don't know where you are.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
12 Jul 2009 1:44 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

GOOD LOCKSMITH will never need to drill out a lock to gain access to a property but I believe you have keys so agian an easy swap out

You only turn the keys, undo and undo a couple of screws to release the lock

If you are around Torrevieja please PM me and I can give you some details on who to use

Like 0      
12 Jul 2009 2:01 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

As Tristan thought he may require a whole new door just to change a lock   I think he'd be much better off getting a locksmith to replace the lock. He'd never tackle it himself.

If we all knew the area you've bought into it would help us to help you (& you leave for Spain tomorrow !! Shame you left this till the 11th hour, Tristan.)

In case you're in my area contact Richard Hackett - locksmith, highly recommended.

Email him on info@hackettlocksmith.com or view his website www.hackettlocksmith.com.

Like 0      
12 Jul 2009 2:43 PM by Tristan_and_Karen Star rating in Worcester Park and D.... 10 posts Send private message

Thank you to you all.

Sorry for my profile being out of date and my ignorance with the door - I was just panicking because I have left it so late!

My property is in the Los Altos area in the Dream Hills 2 complex.  I am setting off for the airport at 4pm but will check back on this post again before I leave...

Like 0      
12 Jul 2009 3:01 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi both, you ARE in my area so DO contact  Richard Hackett - locksmith, highly recommended. (I've met Richard too, nice guy, eager to help. )

Email him on info@hackettlocksmith.com or view his website www.hackettlocksmith.com.

OFFICE: (0034) 966 734 517

MOBILE: (0034) 654 599 170

Enjoy your trip but DO change the locks, it's VERY important that you do.  

This message was last edited by morerosado on 12/07/2009.

Like 0      
12 Jul 2009 3:40 PM by Tristan_and_Karen Star rating in Worcester Park and D.... 10 posts Send private message

Thank you Morerosado, I really appreciate your help and advice.  I have taken down the details and will be contacting him when I get there (I've already emailed an enquiry!)  I think from all the advice it is best I do get them changed.

Thanks again.

Like 0      
12 Jul 2009 3:54 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I'm glad you're 'sorted', good luck & a wonderful holiday to you both.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Kevin Clarke?? Absolute Spain?? - 3 posts
Mr - 5 posts
Driving in Flip Flops - 31 posts
How do I get from Marbella bus station at 11pm to Duquesa - the bus has stopped! - 13 posts
water leak - are we responsible? - 4 posts
Repossessed properties--BEWARE - 1 posts
Has anyone successfully bought a heavily discounted property on the formerly Arenal Duquesa site? - 8 posts
Bank Guarantee - 12 posts
Hot Tub on Terrace? - 5 posts
Sewage smell coming from Aircon Vents.. - 7 posts
fractional ownership - 3 posts
non resident bank charges - 19 posts
Gas BBQ - Garden Furniture - 2 posts
Getting a Fishing Licence?? - 2 posts
murcia ? within my budget nice area ? algorfa , cabo roig, san miquel de salinas any thoughts - 4 posts
financing a new car - 3 posts
Two excellent websites with reviews (by local diners)of restaurants on the Costa Blanca - 1 posts
EOS 5th birthday on Saturday - 20 posts
Key Lounges - 1 posts
Aeroclub ULM Vera - 1 posts
might b going to monda village - 0 posts
WERE THERE - 16 posts
Wealth and income tax non resident - 4 posts
Anti-Glare Window Film - 1 posts
How to translation these 2 sentenses? - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x