car hire gibraltar/la linea

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Jul 2009 12:00 AM by biglewy Star rating in hull uk. 5 posts Send private message

hi all wonder if you can help me , im travelling to gibraltar n friday and was wondering if anybody can help me to obtain a hire car at a reosonable price, im finding that all the major companies are either fully booked up or want to charge the earth for 5 days hire,also they seem to want to put massive excess charges on my credit card and want to charge me silly ridiculus prices to return the vehicle at an early time as i have a 11-30am return flight, also they want to charge me for a full tank of fuel is this the norm?? please help any advice would be great thanks everyone

Like 0      
08 Jul 2009 8:01 PM by hobby Star rating in Hertfordshire/Estepo.... 155 posts Send private message

hobby´s avatar

hi biglewy

We're quite regular fliers into gib and unfortuantely theres not a great choice of car hire companies operating out of the airport cos its so small, 2 I think, one being aurigacrown (who we generally use) and I think the other one was europacar, but not 100%.

I tried to book a car for some friends a couple of weeks ago who were also flying into gib and they had came up with nothing - no cars available at all. (I believe there was a thread somewhere about auriga not buying any more new stock and running out of cars - not sure if that was something to do with it). I tried for them too and was getting the same problem so I e-mailed auriga and asked if they had anything available at all.  They informed me that they had a choice of about 3 cars available, cant remember how much, it was only for three days hire, but at least our friends got a car.  You pay at the airport and have to have your card swiped as a deposit for damages, fuel - we pay for a full tank but return it empty, cant say we really have that much of a problem with them, but then others will disagree!

Unfortuantely leaving it at such short notice will always be a problem, especially at this time of year and the companys know that youre desperate and will try to charge you the earth. Depending where youre staying, you could consider getting a taxi to your hotel (if thats what youre staying in) and asking the conceirge to sort you one out, or if your staying in an apartment there are car hire places around that you can walk into and try your luck there.

Dont know if this has been any help, best of luck and have a great time out there!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Blank pages, apart from the EOS header & bottom bar, when I click on certain pages ! - 9 posts
Pay as you go broadband - 12 posts
Looking for a Mattress - 2 posts
If you walk away from a purchase, what are the potential penalties? - 14 posts
Need cheap rental on 20/7/09 - 25/07/09 - 7 posts
Wanted lhd car - 2 posts
Spanish Lawyers - Make sure you do your reasearch - 15 posts
residencey and padron needed?? - 2 posts
Parking at Murcia Airport - 0 posts
ANYONE HEARD OF AMIRAL ROLLING TOBACCO - 2 posts
Any English living in Tolox, Malaga - 2 posts
Mijas Races - 0 posts
jet2 flights for summer 2010 - 3 posts
Anyone want to meet up in Sabinillas? - 18 posts
Fly for free Ryanair - 10 posts
Where Can I Buy Cigarettes from Near to Albox? - 9 posts
Tenants from Hell!! - 55 posts
Dogs in Cars - 2 posts
I wish I could sell my house - 3 posts
THANK YOU.....Alan and Irene................. - 4 posts
DOGs TRAVELLING TO SPAIN - 3 posts
non-resident needing an itv on UK plated car - 3 posts
Ciudad Quesada market days - 19 posts
Travel cot and high chair for sale - 6 posts
DVD rental service? - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x