Increase In Tobacco Prices

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Jun 2009 12:00 AM by COSMO Star rating in Gateshead and Costa.... 46 posts Send private message

Hi,

can anyone tell me if tobacco and cigarette prices have been increased lately.

I've heard they been increased by quite an amount.

(silkcut purple-200 ,were 31 euro and golden virginia pack of 10x50g were 35 euro.

Thanks.                                       

Like 0      
19 Jun 2009 9:10 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

200 Lambert and Butler are now 35 euros, or 13 euros if you go to Gibralter.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
19 Jun 2009 10:01 AM by COSMO Star rating in Gateshead and Costa.... 46 posts Send private message

Thanks Leema,

Seen the price list on eurotobaco.net.

Quite an increase.

Like 0      
19 Jun 2009 10:42 AM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

They've very recently gone up in Gib - Lambert & Butler are now over £14 (pounds not euros) for 200 .....

Silk Cut, B&H are now around £15 per 200 carton....

Like 0      
19 Jun 2009 11:01 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Yes your right, I meant £13 but looks like they have gone up since I was there three weeks ago, they were only £11 in Feb, but that was Morrisons price, realised later they are cheaper in the shops on the main street.

PS Never smoked in my life but bring them back for family.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
19 Jun 2009 11:44 AM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

Think on the positive side. If cigarettes go up a lot people will have to stop smoking because they can´t afford it

Ana Sánchez. PGCE, MA & BA(Hons)

Teaching and Translation Services

Like 0      
20 Jun 2009 4:18 PM by ms51 Star rating in uk/Los Alcazares. 100 posts Send private message

Hi

Was in Spain last week and Golden virginia are still 35€ pack of 10, dont know about cigs for sure but dont think so.

Like 0      
21 Jun 2009 10:08 AM by friendly Star rating in North Lanarkshire. 125 posts Send private message

HI

Just back from Spain.  Golden Virginia now 48.5 euros and most cigs 33 or 34 euros.  Airport is even more.

Like 0      
26 Jun 2009 1:33 PM by claz Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

hi im off to mainland spain next tuesday,can anyone tell me the prices of ziggy,domingo and amber leaf tobacco please as i have been told the prices have gone up but not sure how much.thanks in advance

Like 0      
26 Jun 2009 3:35 PM by TheBabyHireCentre Star rating in In between the two a.... 48 posts Send private message

TheBabyHireCentre´s avatar

Can concur that here in the Albox area they have risen significantly too.

Freinds visiting recently normally 'stock up' here for their own personal use when they get back to the UK.

This time around they said "it was not worth their trouble at that price!"

This message was last edited by TheBabyHireCentre on 15/07/2010.

Like 0      
26 Jun 2009 4:14 PM by LAG Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Hi

Mine cigs have gone up from 23 euro to 27.5 euro in Costa Blanca

Still a lot cheaper than the UK

Like 0      
26 Jun 2009 8:02 PM by jminor Star rating in Mojacar, Almeria. 10 posts Send private message

Yes, all prices were significantly increased on 19th June.

Since all cigarette and tobacco prices are fixed nationally and are Government controlled, you can check the latest prices on the website of the Comisionado para el Mercado de Tabacos.

Not long before it will be cheaper to buy your baccy in the UK.

Like 0      
15 Jul 2010 9:48 AM by Ares2010 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi,

It's true that the price of tobaco in Spain is more expensive day after day. For example, a packet of Marlboro now costs 3'85€ (3'21 pounds), and a year ago it costed 3'60€ (3 pounds). However I can get it for 2'5€ (2'1 pounds).

Interested?

Like 0      
15 Jul 2010 11:37 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Quote TheBabyHireCentre:

Friends visiting recently normally pay for their air fares by 'stocking up' here and selling them in the pub when they get back to the UK.

This time around they said "it was not worth their trouble at that price!"

Well, all I can say is that  the official price for say Golden Virgina 50g pouch in Mainland Spain is currently 4.85€ which is just under £4.05 at the current exchange rate.

Back in the UK, the current price for the same product from Tesco's and Sainsbury's at £12.25 and Asda £12.12 as can be seen from this Price Comparison chart at mySupermarket.co.uk website.

So it is still a third of the UK price!

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 15/07/2010.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
15 Jul 2010 1:33 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

.........all sounds like a good incentive to give up fags, do some exercise and transform your health/body for the better and save a load of dosh at the same time!!

Like 0      
15 Jul 2010 4:08 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

IN 2002 it was 2,30€ for 50g @ 1.62€ = 1 pound & 11 Pounds in the UK @ 1,62€ = 13% 0f UK cost !

The price has risen in the UK by approx. 11% but in Spain by 111%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Even worse if you are changing pounds to €'s to buy then it has risen by 285% !!

Trouble is Technoape the majority of illegal sales in the UK come from Belgium where it's less than 2 pounds & sold for less than a fiver !

I don't need the exercise Goodstitch , you're more than welcome to come & work with me on my neighbours apartment build where the temp. is around 38º in the shade, in the mornings,@ the moment & the sensor on the top of my welding helmet this morning was registering 53ºc.  Since 7am I've drunk 5l of water & 4 litres of coke ( sin cafeine y ni conservantes. ) . In the last 8 weeks I've lost 5kgs as well, no need to go to the gym here!

This message was last edited by guslopez on 15/07/2010.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
15 Jul 2010 5:06 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

guslopez

phew, that's hot!.

Well yes, I guess that should keep the weight in check.  Giving up fags though, so your lungs can get rid of the crap and start to repair along with regular exercise like cycling, swimming, running, (not just hard work)  will make a huge difference.  Each to their own of course, I realise some will always prefer to smoke despite the effect on health, smell, and wallet.

Like 0      
15 Jul 2010 5:11 PM by Gypsy Star rating in south shields/formen.... 206 posts Send private message

Gypsy´s avatar

domingo (blue packet) is 3-40 euros for 1 x 40gram pack.

amber leaf is 4-40 euros for 1 x 50gram pack

GYPSY

Like 0      
06 Dec 2010 1:45 PM by mnj Star rating in L.A. Murcia . 37 posts Send private message

i belive prices went up at the weekend anyone know by how much

as i was going to get some Golden Viginia for my dad when i am over next week

Like 0      
06 Dec 2010 2:28 PM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

http://www.day-tripper.net/tobacco-in-spain.html

What you see is what you get 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Notary Appointment - 1 posts
Lawyer Wanted - 1 posts
looking for somewhere to stay in La Marina, weel in September, maybe long term permantly next year... - 0 posts
CAR HIRE - 17 posts
foreign plates and foreign licences - 1 posts
Bus and Train fares. - 3 posts
Cheap car wanted - 2 posts
rogue builder made repairs - 0 posts
alloy wheel refurb - 0 posts
Fed Ex collection and or mail box - 2 posts
Ambasun - 0 posts
Is it the heat? - 9 posts
property maintenance - 0 posts
property maintenance - 2 posts
moveing to spain advice welcome - 2 posts
Getting rid of scumbags - 6 posts
again, one of THOSE days .... :-) - 26 posts
bricklayer, builder, and alround handy man - 0 posts
can someone just clear up some confusion for me please? - 15 posts
Do I need a license to rent my apartment? - 2 posts
Live rates,Charts and Data - 0 posts
Advice on importing a boat from usa - 1 posts
ITV show on the Costa Del Sol - 232 posts
Jobbing Builder Wanted.... - 8 posts
Beer and Food Prices - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 34

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x