Bus and Train fares.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Jun 2009 12:00 AM by john buckley Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

I have guests going to my apartment in July, first time on the Costa del Sol. Can anyone tell me the bus fares from the airport to Riviera and also from Riviera to Malaga city, Marbella and Puerto Banus and to what time in the evening do they run. Also is there a train service that runs anywhere near Riviera.

Like 0      
18 Jun 2009 5:13 PM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

I think the only bus you can get from the airport goes as far as Marbella and it is a direct bus. However there are more buses leaving from Malaga bus station. The local train can be taken to Malaga center and the bus station is just opposite the train station.

this is the link to the airport bus to Marbella http://www.ctsa-portillo.com/ima/pdf/aeropuerto.pdf

Ana Sánchez. PGCE, MA & BA(Hons)

Teaching and Translation Services

Like 0      
18 Jun 2009 5:19 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hi

The train only goes as far as Fuengirola at the moment, costs about 3 e from the airport, good service but painfully slow, stops everywhere, here is a site that will give you all the info including time tables.

http://www.gomarbella.com/marbella/transport.htm

Steve

Like 0      
18 Jun 2009 5:29 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

Malaga airport to Fuengirola is under €4 and takes you to Fuengirola which is the last stop.  The bus stop is close to the tran station and from there you can get the bus directo to Riviera del Sol for about €2 and it drops you off right at the bottom this trip is just over 30 mins.

The other option is take a taxi to the main bus station in Malaga which should be around €6 (not the one on the port) get the direct bus to Marbella around €5 and ask for them to stop at Riviera, this will take around 1 hour.

Taxi is around €60 and takes about 30 mins.  Other option is private drivers, i know a few and they charge around €30 or €35.

Joan

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Cheap car wanted - 2 posts
rogue builder made repairs - 0 posts
alloy wheel refurb - 0 posts
Fed Ex collection and or mail box - 2 posts
Ambasun - 0 posts
Is it the heat? - 9 posts
property maintenance - 0 posts
property maintenance - 2 posts
moveing to spain advice welcome - 2 posts
Getting rid of scumbags - 6 posts
again, one of THOSE days .... :-) - 26 posts
bricklayer, builder, and alround handy man - 0 posts
can someone just clear up some confusion for me please? - 15 posts
Do I need a license to rent my apartment? - 2 posts
Live rates,Charts and Data - 0 posts
Advice on importing a boat from usa - 1 posts
ITV show on the Costa Del Sol - 232 posts
Jobbing Builder Wanted.... - 8 posts
Beer and Food Prices - 5 posts
UK tax office and paying tax in Spain - 0 posts
Potential Group action against CAM Bank for negligence - 1 posts
Satelitte Dish & Stand - 1 posts
Strawberries - 2 posts
Euro rate in Spain - 6 posts
Interest Only Mortgages - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x