NIE help again

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Jun 2009 12:00 AM by ukkyle Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Hi guys, I know there are a million and one posts about NIE. but can somebody confirm the following:

1)  DO you need passport photos )some peeps says yes some say no

2)  What other docs other that NIE form do you need

3) Where can the current NIE form be downloaded from

Thank you Kyle

Like 0      
10 Jun 2009 12:27 PM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

You need  the form. Not sure where to download it from. However, you can get it from the police station when you get there.

passport photo

passport and a photocopy of your passport

prove of why you are requesting the NIE e.g. job contract, house bills or deeds, etc

Ana

Ana Sánchez. PGCE, MA & BA(Hons)

Teaching and Translation Services

Like 0      
10 Jun 2009 12:29 PM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

Like 0      
10 Jun 2009 12:32 PM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

Kyle,

looking at the form you also have what documents you need and the photo is not mentioned. However, take one just in case. I am not sure what my husband did. I can´t remember whether he had to take a photo or not. I will ask him later

Ana

Like 0      
10 Jun 2009 12:34 PM by ukkyle Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Ana thank you

What do I put and take if I am long term renting and looking for work ? Just my rental agreement ? 

Kyle

Like 0      
10 Jun 2009 12:40 PM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

Yeah , that will be fine. You also must put you have moved to Spain and you are looking for work. have you registered in the town hall? that is called padron, that document is also good prove.

good luck

Ana

Like 0      
10 Jun 2009 12:54 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Hi Kyle,

Are you applying for the NIE at the consulate/embassy in the UK?  Or are you doing it in Spain?  I tried to get mine at the Consulate in Manchester.  Everything went smoothly (or so I thought!) - I handed in the form, photocopies of passport etc. and was told it would take a couple of months.  A month later, I got a reply from Madrid saying that because I had stated on the form that I was going to live/work in Spain, I would have to apply for it in person at my local police station once I was in Spain.  So, it was a bit of a wasted trip all the way down to Manchester.

I eventually got mine at the polica station in Estepona.  I got some passport photos done just in case, but in the end, they weren´t needed.  All I needed were a couple of photocopies of my passport, my passport, the completed form and my Padron certificate.

I think it would be better for you to register on the Padron at the town hall but your rental agreement may be enough, especially if it is in Spanish.

Good luck

David

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
10 Jun 2009 12:56 PM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

David,

it is not the local police station, it is the Policia Nacional o Comisaria de Policia where you have to get it. Policia Nacional is different from Policia Local, isn´t it?

Ana

Like 0      
10 Jun 2009 12:58 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

10 Jun 2009 1:04 PM by ukkyle Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

I thought I needed to just go to Policia Nacional with copies of passport, NIE and maybe a copy of my rental agreemnet so at the moment in section

Hi I will be applying in Estepona, ok now Im really confused, so I need yo get a Padron at the town hall, how do I do this and how long does it take? Once I have it I can go to the Policia Nacional and get my NIE, wow confused already.Detalle del motivo: (3)  I have just put BUSCANDO TRABAJO, should I put that I am living here and that if so can someone tell me hwat to write in Spanish, again sorry to be a pain :)

Kyle

Like 0      
10 Jun 2009 1:27 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

Hi ukkyle

If you are resident in Spain you need to apply for residencia  get the form here

http://www.mir.es/SGACAVT/modelos/extranjeria/modelos_extranje/ex_16.pdf

cheers

Fred Pegman

Sanquist

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
10 Jun 2009 2:16 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Hi Kyle,

You could try to get the NIE with just your rental agreement, but do you really want the hassle of having to go back a second time?  By the way, you need to get to the police station in Estepona early.  They start giving tickets out to people in the queue at 9.00 and there are only 50 places (tickets) available.  I would get there before 8.00am to be on the safe side.

It is really easy to get the Padron, at least it was in Sabinillas (Manilva).  Take your passport, a photocopy of your passport and your rental agreement to the town hall, and they should be able to issue the Padron certificate then and there.

I wouldn´t worry about applying for "residencia" just yet.  I don´t even think you really need to get this. I´ve been living in Spain for 6 months and never needed the "residencia" certificate for anything. I know people who have lived/worked in Spain a lot longer and never needed it.  You automatically become resident by virtue of paying tax in Spain (which you will be presumably once you get a job).  The important one is the NIE number, which is needed to get your social security number, open bank accounts, register at doctors etc.

David

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
10 Jun 2009 2:34 PM by ukkyle Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

David

Thank you very much is the town hall any police station easy to find?

Thank you again :)

Kyle

Like 0      
10 Jun 2009 2:59 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Yeah, they´re both fairly central.  I cheated a bit - I have google maps on my mobile phone!

Type these in to Google maps to see where they are and just do a print out:

Comisaría de Policía Nacional de Estepona‎
Ayuntamiento De Estepona‎

David

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

help needed looking to rent long term in la florida!!! - 0 posts
Health certificate for driving - 21 posts
Builders Warranty - 16 posts
search partner for goodbusiness! - 0 posts
Hi all From Cornwall UK - 0 posts
Diggers! - 1 posts
estate agent in almerimar - 1 posts
Transport available from Torrevieja area to UK. - 0 posts
Problem with accessing "My Community Forums" - 2 posts
LOOKING FOR EQUIPMENT AND FURNITURE NEW PROPERTY - 0 posts
Monarch Airlines and Birmingham/Manchester Airports into Almeria - 0 posts
Car alarm bird! - 1 posts
handing keys back - 7 posts
Mozilla Firefox 3.010 wont allow me to log on, but IE7 does - help!!! - 4 posts
Murcia Furniture - 20 posts
moving back to scotland... - 1 posts
Transferring my Vespa Scooter from Scotland to Los Montesinos Spain - 2 posts
Villapac gone into liquidation - 11 posts
living on a finca ? - permaculture. any advice ? - 5 posts
Selling by Power of attourney - 7 posts
british builders - 1 posts
How do you get snagging done post completion? - 23 posts
car hire, petrol tank full out/full back - 15 posts
Mr @Mrs L - 0 posts
Selling privately - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x