Sending important legal documents to Spain quickly

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Jun 2009 12:00 AM by Grover Star rating. 37 posts Send private message

I have to send some important documents to my solicitor in Spain quickly and I am exploring the best way of doing this. I was wondering what others have done and their experience.
I know that the British Post Office have a special delivery but would not feel confident if this was simply handed over to the Spanish Post Office for the final leg of the journey given their poor reputation for delivery.

I will be sending it on a Thurs afternoon. If it arrived late Friday afternoon then probably nothing would be done with it until Monday in which case I would have paid for an express service for nothing.

I was wondering about DHL and similar couriers. Has anyone used them and what is the likely cost?

Like 0      
06 Jun 2009 6:30 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Don't even think about using the normal post - you may never see your stuff again, registered/recorded or whatever, but if it does reach it's destination, it could take forever. Or, it could arrive in good shape 24 hours after posting. Do you want to take the chance?

Just looked at DHL's website, but it's pretty confusing with so many different services. I would just call them - International Air Express enquiries 08701 100 300 and ask the cost etc. I expect for a document package it won't be too much.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
06 Jun 2009 7:29 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

We've just recieved the 5 large boxes we sent from UK last week via DHL...................they arrived in perfect condition and took 4 days to get here.......................the contents were fine and one of them contained an expensive chiming wall clock and another a marble lady which was my late mother-in-law's.

The service was great too, the collected and delivered door to door exactly when they said they would.

I'm sure they would deliver your documents quickly and safely.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
06 Jun 2009 8:46 PM by 1962 Star rating in Iznalloz. 181 posts Send private message

Have you heard of Offex Easimail,

Tel. no. to locate your nearest mailpoint  952 577 816

regards Kathy

Kathy

Like 0      
06 Jun 2009 10:46 PM by Emsy Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

We used UPS to send our documents to our Solicitor in Spain from the UK - we paid for next day delivery - arrived 10.30am - but it did cost around £35.00 - £40.00 cannot remember the exact amount.

Em

Like 0      
07 Jun 2009 11:15 AM by MAGICMEG Star rating in Scotland. 546 posts Send private message

I have used UPS as well ,very reliable next day delivery and you can track on line to see when it is delivered .You can even check it the whole route if you can be bothered .The cost was £35 as I remember this was for a package of documents .MM

Nothing surprises me anymore  

but I am willing to accept that sometimes (although not very often ) I can be  wrong !

Like 0      
08 Jun 2009 12:05 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

hI

I have used UPS and found the service fantastic item picked up in the UK at 12.10 wWednesday delivered to my door in San Bartolome Spain 12.20 Thursday SUPERB

Fred Pegman

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
09 Jun 2009 8:37 PM by Redjoemw Star rating in Huercal Overa .... 49 posts Send private message

Redjoemw´s avatar

Hi

We used Royal Mail International special signed for delivery and it took only about 4 days, other than that would recommend DHL as very reliable but can be expensive depending on size of object

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

car salvage - 3 posts
Interest Only Mortgage - 4 posts
International Mortgages - 12 posts
Electricity providers` - 15 posts
Airport Transfer - 2 posts
Double Bed Mattress And Base For Sale Only £100 or Euros - 0 posts
New sky card problems - 24 posts
community fees. how is the fee worked out - 7 posts
eye on spain car hire - 2 posts
Alhambra and Granarda Visit - 1 posts
SKY TV FORMENTERA COASTABLANCA - 2 posts
POSSIBLE RETURN TO UK. - 0 posts
POSSIBLE RETURN TO UK. - 0 posts
Dissatisfaction with Spanish Lawyer - 2 posts
childminding in playa flamenca - 1 posts
INDESIT WASHER,FRIDGE FREEZER,TUMBLE DRYER FOR SALE - 0 posts
QUALITY BEDROOM FURNITURE SET FOR SALE - 1 posts
Problem dogs - 3 posts
Problem dogs - 1 posts
tax on rental income - 1 posts
Question for Maria re " credit contra de la masa " - 7 posts
BANKINTER RIP OFF WHO DO I CHANGE TO HELP - 7 posts
Building insurance phase 3B - 0 posts
Holiday Rentals - 4 posts
Terrace Furniture Wanted - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x