move to the costa blanca

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Jun 2009 12:00 AM by thecleaner Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

i asked for some advice  ref our move to spain and relocating our cleaning business a short while back and recieved some very useful comments

i have recently purchased a property rental website which we intend to currently expand to include property maintenance cleaning key holding  pool  and window cleaning and change over services  and maybe airport collections

the site purchased currenty charges the owner a yearly fee to advertise their property and prospective holiday renters can contact the owners direct without incurring any charges

we were also thinking of expanding the business to include long term lets as well as  the current holiday letting

what would someone be willing to pay for this advertising service and are there any similar companies operating in the torrevieja area

from this hopefully we will generate enough money to live a decent life in villamartin

any comments  or suggestions welcome

Like 0      
02 Jun 2009 11:06 PM by chapiesu Star rating. 21 posts Send private message

At Playa Flamenca and there are about 3 property rental  agencys down at the commercial centre alone some charging 300 euros per year for keyholding and monthly checks with no promise of rentals.

You will find most people who have apartments to rent  have people on there own complex who have set up a cleaning and key holding business and charging about 100 euros for the year.   People  prefer to use these as they can be more accessable  out of hours.  

So it would be wise to do research before setting up a business especially with the downturn at the moment.

Like 0      
03 Jun 2009 7:08 AM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

I would agree with the comments of the last poster, be very careful moving into this market as it is certainly saturated and €300 for keyholding given the number of local people that provide these services, seems high

Often owners will use a local person, that can provide a good service and that can work for less as they are often not legal, perhaps retired and doing this for extra money

Most of the rentals I get for my property in Villamartin I get form the large rental websites that pay a lot of money to get traffic to their site like Holiday Rentals and Daltons  and expect to spend money on ogoing SEO optimisation

Are their similar organistions offering local rental advertising yes, loads, every local paper, shop window plus management company but nobody guarntees rentals

Airport pick ups can be a problem as you cannot normally get the required insurance to do this legally

My advice come over and do your own reasearch

Like 0      
09 Jun 2009 11:04 PM by wetone Star rating in PALOMARES. 220 posts Send private message

A friendly warning regarding airport pickups for anyone other than family and friends.  All vehicles are now having their registration numbers taken at the entrance and exit of the car parks, you may have noticed the cameras at the barriers.  If it is deemed that a vehicle is at the airport ´too´ often they get a visit from the Policia and if they cannot prove they were not taxiing their cars are confiscated and crushed.  Don´t forget this is an illegal taxi service, just as in the UK the vehicle is classed as uninsured.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

horizontal laws - 4 posts
Long term Property Rental Question... - 6 posts
contact details to pay community fees - 4 posts
Sky TV - new cards coming soon - implications? - 24 posts
Six Month Anniversary - 4 posts
NIE HELP SECTION 2 - 3 posts
FURNITURE PACK-LOWER PRICE & ADDED EXTRAS!!! - 0 posts
Customer Service jobs - Malaga and Granada - 0 posts
Vodafone Dongal - 17 posts
Simusat - 2 posts
Horse Riding in the Condado de Alhama area? - 1 posts
Are there any decent internet providers ??? - 8 posts
WANTED - 0 posts
IKEA MURCIA - 1 posts
Feeeview in Calpe? - 3 posts
Giving up residency - 1 posts
Driving from Norwich, England to Marbella, Spain - 3 posts
Hi everybody - 2 posts
Can you tell me what the consequences would be if someone who will not pay rent/utilites is taken to court - 4 posts
Oil or Gas Central Heating - 7 posts
Lidl Muesli Bars - 17 posts
INHERITANCE TAX - 1 posts
Can I transfer my Spanish property to my children now and will this mean they will not have to pay inheritance tax - 17 posts
I saved water & electric by changing my shower head! - 1 posts
CHILDMINDING - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x