delaying completing due to burst pipe damage

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 May 2009 12:00 AM by alysonwenham Star rating in blackpool, england. 83 posts Send private message

I was due to complete on my ground floor apartment this week, but whilst out in Spain there was a burst pipe in another part of the building and I now have 4 very wet ceilings and one wet bedroom wall.  I obviously didn't complete.  My builder is in deep financial trouble and is pushing me to complete saying that all the remedial work will be completed.  If this was the UK I would not be completing.  Am I within my rights to delay as the property is not habitable and one week on they have not started any work.  I think that they are waiting for it to dry out as much as it can before doing anything to keep  costs down.  They said that they would pay for me to fly out to inspect the remedial works, they have now renaged on this and said that they would send me photos of the work, obviously I am not going to accept this, and will fly back out and also have friends in the same block that are going to be popping in to check anyway, complete with damp meter.

thanks in advance for your help.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Narrow gauge train from Alicante to Denia. - 4 posts
sending out money - 14 posts
New member !Helping ageing skin in spain and all other skincare concerns! - 0 posts
Using a british television in Spain - 2 posts
Using a british television in Spain - 13 posts
Swimming Pools - 6 posts
Moving Goods From Ireland - Spain - 0 posts
packard bell pc for sale - 0 posts
Joke - 1 posts
Importing & Registering a Foreign Vehicle in Spain - 2 posts
Truck to Holland & UK... and back!! - 6 posts
portabello by proindal introduced by Mri - 25 posts
vpo - 13 posts
Supplier of last resort - 4 posts
El Balcon Alcaucin and Terraze Alcaucin - 7 posts
Expensive car hire this year!!! - 3 posts
Credit Crunch Furtniture Packages - 26 posts
ITV1 - Tonight with Trevor McDonald - UK - 3 posts
What happens if planning permission is found to be illegal - 4 posts
so GIB is out the paper work alone is terrible ! LONG TERM RENTAL la Linea wanted can you help ? - 3 posts
Hello from savepurs - 3 posts
Save the Chiringuitos - Sign our online petition - 5 posts
still looking for camp bed!! - 4 posts
Capital Gains Tax. Overpaid your taxes due? - 0 posts
Buying cigarettes in Gib, what are the limits for bringing back to UK - 28 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x