Sack the Administrator?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Apr 2009 12:00 AM by 28sac Star rating in Walsall & Mallorca. 28 posts Send private message

Hi to all,

We have the possibility of our Administrator being sacked in our AGM without a replacement being in the meeting.

Can we carry on with the meeting?

28SAC

Like 0      
05 Apr 2009 6:56 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Yes. You have to elect a president from among the owners, but the role of administrator/secretary can be carried out by the same person if the community decides so. There's no legal requirement to use a professional administrator.

Personally I wouldn't recommend it, unless you have a president who everybody trusts and is comfortable with, and who knows the law inside out and how to do the accounts etc and is willing to give up all his/her free time to the community - and who isn't likely to sell and move away, leaving you with nobody to take over! And before changing administrator, it may be a good idea to discuss why you want to get rid of the current one, and whether the problems could be rectified, rather than having to find a new one, not knowing whether they will be any better. Sometimes the old adage applies: better the devil you know.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
06 May 2009 1:03 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

On the same subject... Our administrator is less than responsive - we had our AGM in March and I still haven't had the minutes, budget or contact details for the people in my block (I was voted in as President).

I'd like to appoint a different administrator but don't want to jump out of the frying pan into the fire, so how do I go about finding a better replacement?

We're in Formentera del Segura.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Irene

Like 0      
06 May 2009 4:47 PM by xetog Star rating in Wiltshire/holiday ap.... 514 posts Send private message

Hi Irene,

Why don't you have a chat with Walter in Block 1 when you are there. As you know we changed our administrator last year. Now, I'm certainly not an expert on this BUT this one does seem a lot better than the last  AND our community fees have gone down! I think that I may have already given you his details.

Gloria and Mike

Like 0      
06 May 2009 5:45 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Minutes for the agm must be sent out to all owners within 10 days of the meeting. If the president doesn't have them, nobody does! (Thye must be approved and signed by the president). By the way, hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the president is legally responsible for the community, not the admin, so it's really up to the president to ensure that the minutes are done and distributed. Start quoting the law to your admin, and remember he is your paid employee. If he doesn't do his job, a firm kick up the **** is needed, and ultimately, yes, sack him.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
07 May 2009 10:08 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Hi Roberto

A kick up the .... has been delivered. Awaiting a reply!

Irene

Like 0      
18 May 2009 2:15 PM by Tidge Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

I was interested in reading Roberto's post regarding Minutes of the AGM being sent to all owners within 10 days.  Our community is very small and the Administrator is not pro-active.   Can someone point me to a website (in English hopefully) where we could ascertain the rules for running a Community.   Many thanks.  Tidge

Like 0      
18 May 2009 2:51 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Hi Tidge

If you follow this link you'll find another link to an English version of the horizonal law. It's a very useful blog - well worth studying!

http://www.eyeonspain.com/spain-magazine/president-community.aspx

Irene

Like 0      
18 May 2009 6:24 PM by Tidge Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Thank you Irene.  I have had a quick look and will need to spend some time reading but this could help a lot.  I appreciate your assistance.

This message was last edited by Tidge on 18/05/2009.

Like 0      
18 May 2009 7:18 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Look at section 19:3

I may have been wrong - it says the minutes should be signed off within ten days, it also says they should be sent to all owners - but doesn't actually specify when.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
19 May 2009 9:44 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Thanks to advice received from Roberto, I sent a note to our administrators pointing out that they were in breach of Horizontal Law and got the minutes the next day.

Well done again Roberto!!!

Irene

Like 0      
19 May 2009 7:13 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

The usual bill is in the post

Mark Twain

Like 0      
20 May 2009 11:00 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

I wait with baited breath

Irene

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

taking a motorbike test in spain - 9 posts
Staying in Almoradi - getting about by bus or taxi ? - 6 posts
Happy Easter - 8 posts
Single beds for sale, hardly used Playa Flamenca - 1 posts
Furniture for Sale - 2 bed apartment - 0 posts
Furniture for Sale - 2 bed apartment - 0 posts
Vilorien's restaurant, Rojales, nr Guardamar, CB - 2 posts
Unlawful Community Administrator? - 14 posts
Buying a Spanish car - 2 posts
community wifi - 14 posts
Golf shops in Costa Calida area - 5 posts
ANOTHER LEGAL RIP-OFF - 0 posts
Tiger Mosquito... They're back.. Early too.... - 3 posts
ADICO - 10 posts
licence of first occupation - 0 posts
Will any supermarkets be open on Good Friday? - 7 posts
Gardening - 0 posts
El Trampolin will not give me back my money. - 24 posts
Buying property in Tenerife - 2 posts
What is Bank Guarantee? - 2 posts
Air-con engineer - 1 posts
bank guarantee success at last - 6 posts
Attention! Real estate agents - 2 posts
What are you having for lunch? - 24 posts
Too risky to ask my UK bosses to work remotely in Spain? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x